• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Is lower testosterin due to opiods permanent

Byzek

Bluelighter
I gained 10kg if fat, lose strenght and also muscles, got some breast and my libido is fucked up and have erectile dysfunction issues.
I got off of tramadol after couple of months of usage but i have still issues

"The impact occurs rapidly, often within one week, and the highest risk appears to be among patients receiving significant dosages for longer than one month. Use of the more potent opioids are more likely to cause a greater risk of hypogonadism, but the effects seem to be reversible after a few days of withdrawal. As one might expect, long-acting opioids have a greater risk compared with short-acting drugs. There is a significant correlation between increased dosage and development of opioid-induced androgen deficiency (OPIAD).14"

Perhaps your case take more time, the body takes its time to adjust.. some people here are pro TRT (testosterone therapy), I wouldn't do it myself but you can ask your physician perhaps? there's also herbs that can help, fenugreek, cistanche, tongkat ali, ashwagandha, fadogia, horny goat weed... it's all about studying what do you think it would be better for you.

"The impact occurs rapidly, often within one week, and the highest risk appears to be among patients receiving significant dosages for longer than one month. Use of the more potent opioids are more likely to cause a greater risk of hypogonadism, but the effects seem to be reversible after a few days of withdrawal. As one might expect, long-acting opioids have a greater risk compared with short-acting drugs. There is a significant correlation between increased dosage and development of opioid-induced androgen deficiency (OPIAD).14"

Perhaps your case take more time, the body takes its time to adjust.. some people here are pro TRT (testosterone therapy), I wouldn't do it myself but you can ask your physician perhaps? there's also herbs that can help, fenugreek, cistanche, tongkat ali, ashwagandha, fadogia, horny goat weed... it's all about studying what do you think it would be better for you.
I think whats better for me should my doctor know and I think herbals are waste of money and dont do anything, if they would you couldnt buy them without prescription.
If you take TRT do you have to take it untill the rest of your life?

I think whats better for me should my doctor know and I think herbals are waste of money and dont do anything, if they would you couldnt buy them without prescription.
If you take TRT do you have to take it untill the rest of your life?
well, that's an opinion.. there's a lot of things that work without a prescription, in fact the hate the FDA has against supplements and RCs is based on that...surely not regulatory or "health" issues.
I think you could develop some sort of dependency to TRT if you do it for a long time, but I don't know for how long.

Before you get on the TRT id consider seeing an endocrinologist as their are tests they can do to rule out causes other than opiates. Some of these tests are useless after beginning TRT. No you don't have to take it for the rest of your life though most people want to.

Before you get on the TRT id consider seeing an endocrinologist as their are tests they can do to rule out causes other than opiates. Some of these tests are useless after beginning TRT. No you don't have to take it for the rest of your life though most people want to.
Why do they want to take it till r.i.p ?

Why do they want to take it till r.i.p ?

TRT has pretty positive effects on those who need it. In order to get off of it you need to go through a low period where your body doesn’t produce any and your not adding any. This likely could be uncomfortable. The endocrinologist I spoke with about this said “nobody ever wants to get off it.”

I can't speak personally, as I've never had this experience even being on potent Opioids for years. I definitely experienced the loss of libido while I was dependent. It would always resolved on its own after I withdrew from the Opioids though.

All data seems to suggest that it should be a reversible phenomenon. It should resolve after being free from the Opioids for a while.

I can't speak personally, as I've never had this experience even being on potent Opioids for years. I definitely experienced the loss of libido while I was dependent. It would always resolved on its own after I withdrew from the Opioids though.

All data seems to suggest that it should be a reversible phenomenon. It should resolve after being free from the Opioids for a while.
What is a potent opiod for you? Is tramadol a potent one?
So I guess being for months on tramadol is not so devastating like slamming heroin for years?

What is a potent opiod for you? Is tramadol a potent one?
So I guess being for months on tramadol is not so devastating like slamming heroin for years?

Tramadol is different due to its SNRI properties, I remember it being by far the worst on libido.

-GC

Tramadol is different due to its SNRI properties, I remember it being by far the worst on libido.

-GC
Why?
I dont understand what tramadol does? Does it release sero or inhibit reuptake like lexapro hmm

It’s a reuptake inhibitor, and like many others can really mess with libido. I only used it for a couple weeks so not really a good comparison.

-GC

I met a dude who didn’t started growing beard until he got in jail, away from H. But that might be just H balsaming/keeping you young via other mechanisms lol...

I hear about kratom impacting T levels. How many of you have experienced this? Do you think it’s as significant as H?

I met a dude who didn’t started growing beard until he got in jail, away from H. But that might be just H balsaming/keeping you young via other mechanisms lol...
Same sort of thing happened to me, was on opiates (fent/methadone) for 5 years age 17-21 and once I got off noticed more hair growing in a few places it hadn't, I also believe smoking weed all day messes up your hormones' and possibly test

Same sort of thing happened to me, was on opiates (fent/methadone) for 5 years age 17-21 and once I got off noticed more hair growing in a few places it hadn't, I also believe smoking weed all day messes up your hormones' and possibly test
😂😂😂😂😂😂
Well u got older

THC decreases testosteroni levels For The duration of high but apparently IT bounces Back rapidly.

Similar thing happened to me, my beard recently started to grow when I quit IVing Morphine daily at 25. Up until that point I looked younger than my actual age.