• P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Is life mostly funny or mostly sad?

Is Life Mostly Funny or Mostly Sad

• Funny

Votes: 15 71.4%
  • Sad

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters
Just a quick point. Humor to me involves everyone. The notion of being cruel at someone's expense just to get a laugh is not humor. If everyone in the room can not laugh about it then it could be suspect. Sure some people have perceived slights and may not be able to laugh at everything. But cruel humor exists and to me it is not funny.

I remember as a kid in grammar school how mean kids could be. 9 year old kids making fun of the girl who wore a wig because she was going through cancer treatments. The kids called her bush and thought it was funny. But you could see the hurt on the girls face. Another overweight girl would walk by and someone would start singing I feel the earth move under my feet. That is not humor. That is just being an asshole. But young kids probably are not mature enough to know that yet.

Life is funny AND sad. Thankfully it is temporary.

You have to keep a smile. You just have to in life. Even, if it's a rough patch. find something inside of you that brings you happiness. I'm sure we've all been through hellish times, Lord knows I have. Just keep it moving on face the doubters & haters with a smile & a sense of knowing you hold the power to turn it all around.

You have to keep a smile. You just have to in life. Even, if it's a rough patch. find something inside of you that brings you happiness. I'm sure we've all been through hellish times, Lord knows I have. Just keep it moving on face the doubters & haters with a smile & a sense of knowing you hold the power to turn it all around.
Drugstore Cowboy!! :cool: Hell yeah!

I'm pretty miserable today. I could go for a big fat bump of a full agonist... or several bumps...

Shit has been so ungodly boring this past month.
I think my life is mostly over already, or at least it feels that way most days.

Life is sadly funny & funnily sad I suppose.

Life is sadly funny & funnily sad I suppose.
like for the sadly funny or funnily sad, but sorry to hear that
Shit has been so ungodly boring this past month.
I think my life is mostly over already, or at least it feels that way most days.

I'm pretty miserable today. I could go for a big fat bump of a full agonist... or several bumps...
I wonder if with all this fentanyl induced genocide going on nowadays, someone will finally realize that pharma grade heroin is the lesser of two evils and act accordingly. Unlikely but a man can dream....

It is all political, now users are worse off, and pain patients are screwed, doesn't matter, which party I get screwed in a blue state, others like me are screwed in red states.
People, even first responders are gerring sick, because or fent.
They traded thousands dead for almost 100,000 a year. Dumbasses everywhere, and they run the country. Things are worse all around in America.
Nobody from any political party, except maybe a couple of Libertarians with no power care.
War on drugs, my ass, guns don't even come close to the death toll of people who have issues, and then there are all kinds of people dead from dumbasses mixing that shit. Who ever died, medical conditions aside, from a line of coke at a party? Stupid bastards, killing people and making life miserable for those in pain.

like for the sadly funny or funnily sad, but sorry to hear that

I wonder if with all this fentanyl induced genocide going on nowadays, someone will finally realize that pharma grade heroin is the lesser of two evils and act accordingly. Unlikely but a man can dream....
I agree, but nah instead they just wanna go to war with Mexico, as if that some how solves any problems.

I wish I could afford to leave the US, but even if I did, I have no experience abroad, so I'd have no idea what I was doing once I got somewhere anyway.

You either laugh or you cry. I tend to laugh at first. I can't help it

I agree, but nah instead they just wanna go to war with Mexico, as if that some how solves any problems.

I wish I could afford to leave the US, but even if I did, I have no experience abroad, so I'd have no idea what I was doing once I got somewhere anyway.
U can always teach English, they have a fetish for native speakers here. Consider that 1 dollar = 4 reais and 92, so if you have some savings you could live down here easily for a while, especially in the Northeast (which is the cooler part and it s also cheaper). I ve never had the American Dream but reading what u guys are writing here I ld leave that place asap! Seriously good affordable drugs, beaches, whatever you sexual preferences are be assured you ll have tons of fun here , if I was in u I ld think about it (Brazil or even other places in SA, Argentina now is super cheap, Colombia is amazing...) Personally I think I m done with Europe....

I couldn't give an answer as the question is too black and white. Years ago I remember hearing some psychologist saying that being either highly (or "completely") optimistic or pessimistic with nothing really in between those perceptions basically suggests that a person does not have a firm grasp on reality. With many variables to consider, it would be impossible to say that life is either mostly happy or sad and that for any given person, it will be a mixture with varying degrees contributing to their levels of happiness (mental health issues, living in poverty, living in war zones etc.).

So yeah, tl;dr - life is complicated and binaries such as "happy", "sad" and even "right" and "wrong" are subject to all kinds of distinctions which basically makes the question impossible to answer. I've lived in utter hell but found happy moments and lived in secure, comfortable and loving situations and found myself completely depressed.

Would it be better to never have been?

Definitely both.

Life is either a comedic tragedy or a tragic comedy.

I checked "funny" because I laugh a lot more than I cry.

In response to original topic, Think it kinda depends on the cards you get dealt

It is absolutely without a doubt 100% hilariously funny when you consider it is a complete comedy of errors and the worst bad joke in the history of bad jokes.

The level of comedic irony that consistently shows itself in regular everyday life is astounding.

With very few exceptions, if you step back and look at all the situations and incidents and events that you call 'sad', if you take a bigger view, a larger picture and look tto see the irony or the comedy you will see the underlying hilariously bad joke that is your life and existence.

The level of comedic irony that consistently shows itself in regular everyday life is astounding.
That statement is profound. This concept is outlined in even just a regular sit com TV show. Things that would make us cry if we were alone become funny when more than one person sees it. I mean sit coms get their laughs from everyday hits we take. But when we watch with others it naturally becomes funny.

If I dropped a bowl of marbles and I was alone I would curse and be upset. If I did that with spectators it becomes funny. So life is funny. Our pain is funny when we share it.

Of course life is mostly Sad. You have to find your own happiness in any way that you can somehow as long as you are not violating someone else and hurting them to do so.

It is a struggle to survive every single day, except for a few days that might be better, so of course you will look for things that will make you Happy. You have to try the b3st

that you possibly can not to let the Sadness bring you down, ever.

It is a daily struggle and just what you have to do in life. And it is even sadder when someone feels like the

bigger and more happier being for tearing someone else down just to find their own Happiness. Just Awful and so Terrible too. And Weak.

And then somehow you can look to be Happy.

. . . . oh and then life doesn't have any meaning. You have to find a purpose in life, something to do . . . that makes you happy. But not at the expense,

then life turns into trouble !

. . . . oh and then life doesn't have any meaning. You have to find a purpose in life, something to do . . .
I heard a silly statement once. Life has meaning until it doesn't. ;) We make meaning. And we follow what we love. Where we live, who we spend time with, we do make those choices based off of internal desire and Nature seems to know that. So our desires we want to have meaning. And that alone gives it meaning.