• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Is less truly more for MDMA?

pbuilder

Bluelighter
Just looking for info from mdma users that have BOTH abused mdma (1g in a night for example), as well as used mdma in a normal dose like 150mgs in a night. Is 150-200mgs really all you need to get that magical euphoric peak, and any redoses after that only just go to ruin the high with a speedy anxious crackhead feel?

I've been seriously overdoing the amount of mdma I do in a night, and after research I know I'm dosing way to high.

But the less is more thing isn't something I want to believe in, even though I'm sure it's true, likely because of former cocaine abuse.

From people that have had many experiences with both massive mdma doses in a session, as well as normal doses like 150mgs, how do those highs compare? Does the 150 mg dose provide the same peak as a gram does, except by using a gram you just increase side effects, and overall just get way over stimmed and feel like a crack head?

Anyways, I'm now going to make sure I dose no more then 200mgs in future uses, and am going to wait a minimum of 1 month between uses. But I am struggling to believe 1/5th of what I've been dosing will gimme the same peak as 5x that did, but yet an even better high because I won't feel geeked out.

Thankfully I now know the dangers of over abusing or overusing mdma, and will never again.

Anyways, the point of this thread is to ask other mdma users that have used massive doses like 500mg-1g in a night, aswell as regular doses like 150-200mgs in a night, if the peak positive effects were the same at 150mgs as they were at 1000mgs, or if the higher dose did still have a stronger peak, but of course way more side effects.

Have any of u went from dosing 1g in a night as ur normal dose, right down to 150-200mg when u dose, and still gotten a nice peak comparable or almost as good as a 1g dose but without all the other dangerous and negative side effects.

Is more with mdma truly just less, because all it adds is anxiety and neurotoxicity, as ur serotonin is basically used up after a 200mg dose?

The point of this thread is I want to hear people's experiences with massive doses vs regular doses, and how the high for you at say a 500mg-1000mg mdma session compares to the highs you've had from normal 150-200mg doses as well. I'm really just looking for responses from people that have experienced both ends of the mdma dose spectrum.

And so no one calls me an idiot, I will never use a dose above 250mgs of mdma again and no more frequently then once a month, or longer.

Holy Shit! 1 gram in a night! That's insane!
I can't think of any circumstance that one would need that much.

My questions is how long did your roll last?

Where here to help and not bash you for your use. Did you test your product? My vote..if your using 500-1000mg a night...you 1. Don't have real MDMA or 2. Your drugs are really cut. Once I did a 300mg night and it literally knocked me out. I was a puddle of love. Like passed out. Semi dream state. Now I know when I abused methylone for a stint could easily start hitting over a half a gram bc of redosing and I would just keep buzzing. But high doses like you speak of with MDMA actually knock me on my ass unable to keep partying. YMMV But just saying that's why I'm question your gear?

If I want to stay fuked for a whole night, for example if I'm raving, I would only take 1g. If you're smashing over 1g and not being absolutely fucked then I don't think it's what you think it is.

Since I've done MD more and more I feel as though I have a higher tolerance to it, but the last rave I went to I did one line and it hit me within 2 minutes. Throughout that night over 6 hours I did a gram and the next day I suffered real bad anxiety and the usual comedown feeling. Everybody reacts differently, but be seriously careful on your doses and how much your taking!

1g in a night is an insane amount, but not unheard of. I've been up to 800mg in a night with confirmed (mandelin & marquis tested) high-potency MDMA pills. They were androids so I am sure they were pure and uncut with active ingredients. I was completely smacked but not out of it, I could still think 'clearly' and I did not have much negative side effects. So it's not because you take such high doses that your product is cut with something.

800mg is too much though, you don't get any extra effects once you go over lets say 400mg of pure MDMA only more negative effects like restless legs, jaw going crazy, tinnitus, .... But I don't get full effects when I only dose 150mg because I tried that after a 6 month break. I guess my natural tolerance for the stuff is pretty high, even when my tolerance is at baseline. Now a good night for me is 200mg+100mg. So for me personally the effects increase up until about 400mg in a night, after that any added MDMA is wasted. Mind you that this is for me personally so YMMV.

In the spirit of harm reduction I have to say though that for a normal person this is way too high, 150mg + 50mg should suffice and you shouldn't get much more effects when you dose higher. That is if you don't have a high natural tolerance like me...

Last edited:
If you really want to get fucked up with MDMA while not loosing the magic too fast, you can combine lower doses with other drugs.

Bumps of ket during an MDMA come-up and high will push the trip to another level. A big bump at the end of the come-down will help a lot too. And ket is anti-depressive, so it will be easier during the week.

A candy-flip (MDMA+LSD) is strong even with a limited dose of MDMA.

I did a few times LSD+MDMA+ket. It's not for everybody.

Be careful if you go with combos. But, in my opinion, 150mg MDMA + some ket, or 150mg MDMA + 100µg LSD is less toxic than 1g MDMA.

^ this. And you can add nitrous to that combo-list =D

HR-wise on the other hand: don't do combos and don't do doses over 200mg

In my experience, everyone saying that redosing after the 2 hour mark only increases speedy effects, or things like redosing doesnt work, dont know what they are talking about.
Almost everyone in my group who use MDMA have used both low doses and very high doses (up till 500mg, my max was 500mg but that was too much, the last redoses did nothing but make me feel cracked out).
As long as your redose is high enough, most of the time the third dose will take our group even higher in the clouds. Euphoria, energy, music appreciation but ALSO side effects increase. The only aspect of experience which will not come back after the first redose is empathy, so if this is your favorite part of MDMA, then high doses make no sense.
The higher your tolerance to MDMA, the less likely later redoses are to bring back good effects. I could redose 6 hours later my first few times and still roll balls, it wont work anymore.

However, is it smart? If you want to preserve the magic, absolutely not. Is it worth it? For me definately. For comparison, my first roll (absolutely no tolerance) gave me a brilliant experience full of happiness and massive empathy.
However, my second and fifth time were at raves (just as the first experience), but higher doses (400mg total). These absolutely blew me away (always after the third dose). The empathy is less, but your are launched in a massive euphoria hallucinating wonderland, where music is enhanced 100x and you feel like God. Low doses never achieve this state. It is a different state than the therapeutic 120-150mg dose which creates the love magic.

Well if you think about how mdma works..

to save you a long scientific explanation it basically pops a hole in your saratonin 'sac'. 150mg will almost completely drain your saratonin anyways, so why use more? to spend more money? Taking more "mdma" past 150mg wont give you a better mdma roll it will give you more of the cut that your mdma had. More caffine/amph = more crackhead jittery = Less orgasmic feelings.

my peak only last 1.5 hours.

That's a pretty standard peak. The experience usually goes 1 hour to comeup --> 1-2 hour peak --> 2-3 hour comedown. Amounting to an overall experience of about 4-5 hours. I always re-dose around the 2 hour mark, the usually serves to increase the peak for a good 1-2 hours. Try a small re-dose of about 40-50mg if you to prolong the peak without severely hindering the comedown. I find something like 120 mg + 50-60mg re-dose + a caffeine energy drink provides a nice long, energetic roll of about 7-8 hours even. The last 2 hours I'm basically sober but still experiencing the nice effects of MDMA (no social inhibition, talkative, music is still orgasmic). Sometimes these last few hours can be really awesome leading into a nice afterglow of content.

So yeah, less is definitely more (but I've never actually tried more than 250mg in one session). Personally, I don't see why you would need anymore than 250mg. From what I've read, the high begins to lack what MDMA so beautifully provides (empathy, euphoria, social connection & music enhancement), rather turning into a sweaty stimulating high similar to speed, increasing both the comedown and tolerance. I'd rather keep my experiences to the clean, meaningful feelings MDMA provides at the right doses. At the rave I'm pretty much that guy that is having the most fun, which I really attribute to optimal dosing. A lot of conversations I have with people show all the misconceptions that people make. Often I'm like 'take less and it's more enjoyable' and they often reply 'I don't take much, usually less than a gram' which instantly shows how distorted the general view is if 'less than a gram' is 'not much'. Some people think I'm stupid when I say I've only taken 160mg all evening, but I'm loving life. Just goes to show how little the general public know... Damn you lack of education - ruining everyone's potential vibe.

Yup, less is truly more. After only using about 9 times in two years, my usual dose went from 120mg to 280mg.

After the peak I just feel cracked out, it's not a good feeling though. Why do people like that?

One pill always was enough for me. 100-150 mg? enjoyed the roll and never felt cracked out afterwards.

After the peak I just feel cracked out, it's not a good feeling though. Why do people like that?

Are you testing what you're taking? on pure MDMA, I usually find the comedown a nice, clean happy feeling of overall content. If your MDMA is only producing nice effects for an hour then it's either not MDMA or you're doing something wrong.