• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

is it wrong

Yes, you just proved my point..the Bible absolutely does not single out gay people. It is very safe to say that every single one of us fits in one of those categories...the point being that NONE of us can be "saved" by our actions or how good we are, or who we fuck. We are ALL sinners.

It just really bothers me when people make statements like "true Christians think xyz" followed by a bunch of bullshit.

Contrary to what you stated in a previous post, the definition of a Christian is "a follower of Christ" and Christ preached a gospel of love, inclusion, and forgiveness. He was most comfortable among thieves, beggars and prostitutes and reached out to the last, the least and the lost. And that is what a "true Christian" tries to do as well.

You can hate religion, that is 100% your prerogative, and I absolutely repect that, But belittling all religion as "wild ass thought" is just, in my opinion, a very closed minded thing to do.

I am in no way asking you to even entertain believing the way I believe, everyone has to find their own truth, but it is really hateful to put all people who believe in a category with the mentally ill.

How is it hateful?

I have bipolar friends, depressed friends, anxious and just plane crazy friends.

And if someone told you that their dead mum talks to them and tells them they must do these things and not do others otherwise their dead dad will come and kill them cos they read it in a book? Well - You see where I'm going with this.

Sorry if my views offend you but they are my views <3

Jesus said:
Matthew 10:34“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35For I have come to turn

“ ‘a man against his father,
a daughter against her mother,
a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law—
36a man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’c

Oh and I never said the bible singles out homosexuals. Straw man fallacy 1. Are you infallible? How do you know that you are right and all the homo-bashing ones are wrong? I mean - The bible is a pretty confusing, open to interpretation contradictory-fest of a book.

Interpret this:

Leviticus 20:13 said:
If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives.

Last edited:
Ever wonder who is actually in charge of religion.. i mean why have so many people died in the name of.. does it feel rite with your heart.. fk all that other nonsense.

TheDevil-self-titled-album.jpg

I'm pretty sure God is a fan if football and if he had his time again he would probably revoke the whole, touching pigskin as a sin remark. He probably realises by now that his gay friends are just as lovely as his heterosexual mates so is likely to let the whole laying with another man thing slide.

Proverbs 11:2 ESV / 33 helpful votes

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with the humble is wisdom

Even Jesus learns from his mistakes.

Interpret this:

Leviticus 20:13

If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives

Can I have a go.

It's a really weird book is the OT, because it has words giving spiritual meaning... yet wrapped up in barbaric language of the time. The OT works very much like this... it's a very allegorical book, with spiritual meanings hidden within the imagery.

Here death is referring to "spiritual death" (Having sex with the same sex is turning your heart from God)... and "forfeiting their lives"... is referring to forfeiting their spirituality... because accepting this false spirit of love is taking the place of the "holy spirit" of God.

The imagery is physical death, but it's the practical spiritual meaning that Christians should look for... and that meaning is that homosexual activity is a detriment to ones relationship with God. It is a commitment that takes ones heart away from God.

Oh man, this is a topic that could invite some serious non constructive controversy. This thread will be closed in a second if the discussion degenerates to name calling, etc.

OP, I gather from your other posts that you are quite young and are still coming to terms with your sexuality.

I myself am a Christian, and honestly, as a true Christian, the only person's actions I will have to account for are my own. Many people who call themselves Christians will tell you it is wrong. Others will say "love the sinner, hate the sin"

Ultimately, it is up to you to figure out what is right for you. Don't bother listening to what others have to say about this issue...it is your sexuality. It is between you and God. It is no one else's business at all.

I will tell you that the Christian group who made it their mission to "convert" homosexuals has now disbanded, and their leader has issued a statement denouncing their work as harmful and opposite to the goals of Christianity. I agree wholeheartedly with this.

Again, speaking from a Christianity standpoint, we are all sinners. One sin is not any worse than another. I am not even trying to say that being gay is a sin. I am just saying that no other person is in any position at all to judge you for who you are.

^this^

i'm straight thank god because there is a LOT of stigma out there against gay/bi people
it is a hard world to live in if you are gay/bi/questioning.
altho i don't believe there is anything wrong with being gay
the world is changing and it will get less hard to go through life being gay tho

It's a sin in the eyes of God, but we're all sinners. God also states than no one has the right to judge anyone, so I'm not judging you based on your own decision to do something in your personal life that doesn't harm anyone else.

You should really bring this to a Christian forum. You would get much better answers on what the actual Bible states about the issue. A lot of people here are giving their own opinion on the matter. Most Christian's do follow the Bible as their guide; not random opinions on a forum.

You see I can respect your Christian views because of the non-judgemental way you just addressed this thread. That to me has a much more impactful effect on me then the high chair, better than thou, bull shit, normally shown when people answer this question. Good for you man...

It's a sin in the eyes of God, but we're all sinners.

It's not a sin in the eyes of God. Or in the eyes of Jesus. It's a sin in the eyes of the people who want to control others and get money, power, and sex by claiming that other people are doing something that's a threat and is "a sin against God." There are hundreds of sins in the Torah/Old Testament. Everything from eating pork to doing work on the Sabbath to, yes, a man having sex with another man. The penalty for dozens of sins in Leviticus, the third book of the Torah, is death. But people do most of those formerly-outlawed things now without worrying about being put to death, or even worrying about what others think. That's because these books are simply a historical document that's part criminal code, part civil code, part history, and part myth. They were written by men. So when someone claims that being gay is against God, where are they getting that? From a historic criminal code that outlawed many things that are currently accepted.

When did Jesus ever directlysay that being gay is a sin? Nowhere.

We have to think for ourselves and not buy into bullshit peddled by others who have their own agenda and justify their "condemnations" by pointing to a single, ancient law while ignoring most of the others. It's just a lie.

Question: "What does the Bible say about homosexuality? Is homosexuality a sin?"

Answer:
The Bible consistently tells us that homosexual activity is a sin (Genesis 19:1-13;Leviticus 18:22;20:13;Romans 1:26-27;1 Corinthians 6:9).Romans 1:26-27teaches specifically that homosexuality is a result of denying and disobeying God. When people continue in sin and unbelief, God “gives them over” to even more wicked and depraved sin in order to show them the futility and hopelessness of life apart from God.1 Corinthians 6:9proclaims that homosexual “offenders” will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Read more:http://www.gotquestions.org/homosexuality-Bible.html#ixzz3JYrtUQLC

The Bible tells us that *many* things are a sin. My point was that no one has the right to pick-and-choose what's a sin and what's not. You either follow the Bible 100% or you don't. Do you do any work on the Sabbath? Do you eat pork or shellfish? Do you drink alcohol in holy places? How about having sex with both a mother and her daughter, even at different times? That's the death penalty right there. It's in Leviticus. People on SLR have boasted about having done that. How about picking up fruit that's fallen in your orchard? That's not allowed - you have to leave it for the poor.

These are just books written by men. And now they're being (mis-)interpreted by men. If you believe in God, if you have a relationship with God, that's from the heart. You know what's right and wrong, do you not? What do people stand to gain by telling you what's right and wrong? The control of you. They don't even personally care. It's all an act. This is how they get all their stuff. You are too smart for this, TJ. Shrug off the teachings that have been put upon you by hypocrites for so long. They aren't correct and aren't even sincere. They come from institutions like any other, just like the government or the military or a corporation or what have you. They're just about money and self-preservation. You can be free of all of that and still have God.

Yes, I eat pork & I do get drunk on alcohol. We're all sinners my brother & I did state that above, and I did state that I wouldn't personally judge anyone what they did in there own personal life IF they were not harming anyone or society.

We cool Johnny, we cool :) Love ya man!

The majority of Christians condemn homosexuality. That said there are a great many gay Christians both inside and outside the ministry.
Some branches of christianity are more tolerant of gays than others. The Episcopalian church for example does allow its priests to be gay, although it expects them to conduct themselves in ways modelled on hetero christian couples.
When I was 17 my thoughts on this were "Am I going to reject my sexuality and feel bad all the time or am I going to dump this stupid religion which says a I'm a bad person and I know I'm not". I dumped the religion.