• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Is it true that cocaine is the most cardiotoxic recreational drug ?

What do you mean with that? If it's "what reward I get for writing this accurate information to drug users on the other side of the globe", then it's just to get to sound smart and to take part in the effort against "war on drugs".
No , you misunderstood, I meant what are the effects aka reward for taking those two dangerous drugs mentioned in the first couple sentences.

Freon causes intoxication similar to ether and nitrous oxide when inhaled, but is very dangerous because of the arrhythmia risk. Loperamide has a morphine-like effect if taken in very large doses, but with somewhat less euphoria and a worse "opioid hangover".

Only (recreational) drug I know of that directly interferes with the heart . Although of what I heard , if it's a sodium channel blocker , shouldn't it be actually working against an arrythmia.
Yes, it pretty much is the most acutely cardiotoxic recreational drug. Over the long term, chronic methamphetamine use may rival cocaine with respect to cardiotoxicity.

However, if you consider the snorted it/smoked it/banged it ---> and dropped dead from a heart attack COCAINE IS THE HANDS DOWN WINNER.

People commonly use alcohol with cocaine which results in cocaethylene which is just as cardiotoxic to the heart, but persists for 5 hours or longer.

Like... yes and no.

There's so many ghosts out there from MDMA abuse/methamphetamine addiction/crack use so its not fair to say that "one is deadlier than the other."

You kind of can say one is deadlier than the other- as far as sudden death is concerned.

COCAINE USE QUADRUPLES THE RISK OF SUDDEN DEATH IN PEOPLE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 18 AND 49

Specifically cardiovascular death

You kind of can say one is deadlier than the other- as far as sudden death is concerned.

COCAINE USE QUADRUPLES THE RISK OF SUDDEN DEATH IN PEOPLE BETWEEN THE AGES OF 18 AND 49

Damm , I can still remember the shit feeling of huge crack binges and how weak my heart felt and anxiety I could die or injury my heart with next big hit , even during the comedown , thinking about this , don't miss at all 😐.

Just wondering the death factor between typical powdered cocaine (assuming its not laced with fent or something wildly unwanted) versus legitimate hard smoked crack? Crack is concentrated cocaine iirc so I'd imagine people don't typically overdose from snorting powder unless they go for huge fat lines probably drunk out of their mind. Although, I can see how if tolerance is super high to cocaine, a user could end up repeatedly dosing into an overdose.

Just wondering the death factor between typical powdered cocaine (assuming its not laced with fent or something wildly unwanted) versus legitimate hard smoked crack? Crack is concentrated cocaine iirc so I'd imagine people don't typically overdose from snorting powder unless they go for huge fat lines probably drunk out of their mind. Although, I can see how if tolerance is super high to cocaine, a user could end up repeatedly dosing into an overdose.
Not really.

Crack is not concentrated cocaine.

Crack is cocaine that has been basified with baking soda to form a solid free base, so it can be smoked.

Crack is anywhere from 20% to 33% baking soda or more. So crack by weight is actually less potent than powder that hasn't been cut.

The hydrochloride component weighs approximately 12% of cocaine hydrochloride.

Now I know people that smoke crack but I don't know How much the average crack smoker smokes.

But I have seen people Hoover a gram or two of powder in half an hour and look like the veins in their neck and their forehead are going to explode.

Slamming is worst for potential sudden cardiac death, then snorting, and I would say then crack because based on my quick research, a $20 rock should be ~100-150 mg of cocaine. And if a 20 rock will get you good for a little while That is a whole lot less cocaine than people snorting three fat lines that equal a gram.

Not really.

Crack is not concentrated cocaine.

Crack is cocaine that has been basified with baking soda to form a solid free base, so it can be smoked.

Crack is anywhere from 20% to 33% baking soda or more. So crack by weight is actually less potent than powder that hasn't been cut.

The hydrochloride component weighs approximately 12% of cocaine hydrochloride.

Now I know people that smoke crack but I don't know How much the average crack smoker smokes.

But I have seen people Hoover a gram or two of powder in half an hour and look like the veins in their neck and their forehead are going to explode.

Slamming is worst for potential sudden cardiac death, then snorting, and I would say then crack because based on my quick research, a $20 rock should be ~100-150 mg of cocaine. And if a 20 rock will get you good for a little while That is a whole lot less cocaine than people snorting three fat lines that equal a gram.
Slamming it? Like injecting the entire dose all at once? I'm surprised the overdose rate for crack isn't any higher than snorting the powder. Its scary hearing about those fent-laced coke stories and people with no tolerance to opiates have died from snorting a rigged line.

Wow, I've always been told that crack is concentrated cocaine and assumed that was true. I guess the public doesn't really have a lot of drug knowledge so there's propaganda to fill in the "cracks" ;)

Slamming it? Like injecting the entire dose all at once? I'm surprised the overdose rate for crack isn't any higher than snorting the powder. Its scary hearing about those fent-laced coke stories and people with no tolerance to opiates have died from snorting a rigged line.

Wow, I've always been told that crack is concentrated cocaine and assumed that was true. I guess the public doesn't really have a lot of drug knowledge so there's propaganda to fill in the "cracks" ;)
I'm not talking about injecting the entire dose at once. I'm talking about IV administration of cocaine. Regardless of dose.

I'm not talking about injecting the entire dose at once. I'm talking about IV administration of cocaine. Regardless of dose.

Ah ok, so slamming = via the needle good to know. Do most users find crack more pleasurable than snorting the powder form or maybe it just depends on the quality of the coke in both cases?

I've always heard--from what it seems as well--that crack is far more addicting and potentially life ruining than typical coke. The rush must be so desirable that users lose everything for a tiny time frame of immense pleasure lol.

I've always heard--from what it seems as well--that crack is far more addicting and potentially life ruining than typical coke. The rush must be so desirable that users lose everything for a tiny time frame of immense pleasure lol.
Never used cocaine myself, but my experience around others and such confirms that crack is much more addictive than cocaine HCL, but I don't know about IVing cocaine vs. smoking crack. Anything that enters the brain faster and leaves it faster will usually be the more addictive substance, the main goal behind the Frankenstein's monster that cig companies patch together.