• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Is it true that cocaine is the most cardiotoxic recreational drug ?

Dada5000

Bluelighter
Only (recreational) drug I know of that directly interferes with the heart . Although of what I heard , if it's a sodium channel blocker , shouldn't it be actually working against an arrythmia.

Damn my heart rate has always been around 60 , blood pressure was 120-130/60-70 , but still on amounts of 1g of crack cocaine , I always get this heavy tight feeling in chest , heart rate of 140+ and overall lots of anxiety. I suspect it more the side effects of anxiety rather than a weak heart compared to others that can smoke it without downers. But still , the chances of acute problems and death is there.

From what I can remember about this it's the blocking of the signalling that causes cell damage and death in the heart tissue. And from what I know (which is not that much to be fair) it's the only drug that has this specific effect on the heart tissue.

From what I can remember about this it's the blocking of the signalling that causes cell damage and death in the heart tissue. And from what I know (which is not that much to be fair) it's the only drug that has this specific effect on the heart tissue.
Damn , what a shame :(

Yeah...I guess so. Don't mind me a bump or two once in a blue moon myself. And I always combine it with alcohol......which actually, that's a whole other can of fuckery.

Yeah...I guess so. Don't mind me a bump or two once in a blue moon myself. And I always combine it with alcohol......which actually, that's a whole other can of fuckery.
I always smoke brown to come down from crack , although I don't need anything to come down if I don't do too much. It's not to say that the comedown isn't bad , it's really a pain in the ass. IMHO stronger than the comedown of salt coke when you take it intranasally. However shorter , for me like 2-3 hours , wbu ?

I've never smoked anything other than tobacco and weed. Just like the occasional bump of coke from time to time. Haven't done more than a small line in one night in well over a decade. Never buy the stuff. Only do it when it's offered to me and even then only a fraction of the time it's offered.
Never really enjoyed the few times I blew coke all night. Some of the worst days after I've ever experienced after those.

I've never smoked anything other than tobacco and weed. Just like the occasional bump of coke from time to time. Haven't done more than a small line in one night in well over a decade. Never buy the stuff. Only do it when it's offered to me and even then only a fraction of the time it's offered.
Never really enjoyed the few times I blew coke all night. Some of the worst days after I've ever experienced after those.
Wow. You are kinda blessed and cursed at the same time , but if speaking seriously , it's absolutely a gift you don't enjoy coke , I really love it. Maybe it's just the difference in the mindset

Only (recreational) drug I know of that directly interferes with the heart . Although of what I heard , if it's a sodium channel blocker , shouldn't it be actually working against an arrythmia.
Yes I believe it is through sodium channel blocking and to a lesser extent its vasoconstriction and stimulant effect.
If it makes you feel better many people have used very large amounts of coke/crack for many years and seem to be fine. The damage is cumulative and there is no set amount that heart damage becomes noticeable or a problem though you are probably reducing your lifespan much like smoking or eating unhealthy food. It's best to use amp or meth for stims as they are less damaging to the heart.

Alcohol and cocaine combined produce an even more damaging drug I believe than coke itself. Consuming bicarb soda before coke use can reverse some of the sodium channel blockage effect I have read somewhere so might be worth looking into.

Don't fucking remind me. I swear I fucked up my heart with this one crack hit I took like 4 years ago. Hadn't done it years and loaded up this huge rock, hit so hard I thought I was dying. And the heart palpitations never really went away. Part of the reason I ended up getting into benzos. Just desperate for some relief.

Don't fucking remind me. I swear I fucked up my heart with this one crack hit I took like 4 years ago. Hadn't done it years and loaded up this huge rock, hit so hard I thought I was dying. And the heart palpitations never really went away. Part of the reason I ended up getting into benzos. Just desperate for some relief.
A crack od can be unsettling as it triggers panic similiar to smoking too much weed. This could have triggered an anxiety related issue rather than be a result of acute damage to the heart. If you were gasping for air, experienced shaking and hyperlocomotion as well as a very high heart rate with palpitations and feeling like you are about to die then those are signs of an od combined with a panic attack rather than the heart being acutely damaged. A moderate od causes anxiety and panic which leads to feeling like death is about to happen along with a high heart rate and palpitations. A heart attack from crack is likely to induce major heart damage and would involve other symptoms not related to an od like nausea, turning pale, feeling weak.

Same happened to me after banging 2g of cocaine hcl. After so many bellringers, my heart fucking hurt for like 6 months. I had this odd feeling in my chest all the time, my hearts prolly got a scar from it.

Same happened to me after banging 2g of cocaine hcl. After so many bellringers, my heart fucking hurt for like 6 months. I had this odd feeling in my chest all the time, my hearts prolly got a scar from it.
Heart is a strong mf but if one already got some heart condition , then using coke one is asking for death certainly

Heart is a strong mf but if one already got some heart condition , then using coke one is asking for death certainly
Oh boy, I've heard stories of relatively healthy 25-30 yo guys dying of heart attack. One of my friends passed away at 22, but that was a fatal overdose from multiple intoxication. Ppl take care of ur bodies plz, they are sacred to us.

A crack od can be unsettling as it triggers panic similiar to smoking too much weed. This could have triggered an anxiety related issue rather than be a result of acute damage to the heart. If you were gasping for air, experienced shaking and hyperlocomotion as well as a very high heart rate with palpitations and feeling like you are about to die then those are signs of an od combined with a panic attack rather than the heart being acutely damaged. A moderate od causes anxiety and panic which leads to feeling like death is about to happen along with a high heart rate and palpitations. A heart attack from crack is likely to induce major heart damage and would involve other symptoms not related to an od like nausea, turning pale, feeling weak.
Yes, you're probably right. Still the possibility is never a pleasant thought.

Yes it's really hard on the body.

When I'm smart, I make a herbal tea infusion with lavender, peppermint, passion flower, chamomile, a bit of valerian root, and some ginger and honey. I put it in a big teapot and try to drink as much as possible throughout the night.

Managed to turn down a free line tonight off a friend, on the account it smelt of benzocaine.

The stuff is no good for your health whatsoever IMO even when it's pure. But when it's clean and high purity, then trying to say no is much more difficult :\