Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Is it time we overthrew the Monarchy?

Eveleivibe

Ex-Bluelighter
What are your thoughts on this?

Do you feel that the royal family benefit the UK? Or have they run their course n we should get rid? Do you feel they bring in money for the UK or that the money they have could be used for other things?

Lets have your thoughts?!

Evey

The monarchy are well past their sell-by date. Bring on the revolution!!!

I'd agree. They are nothing but a tourist attraction whos usefulness ended a while ago.

A slightly negative mindset, as it's a piece of our history, however, things move on and we should question their purpose of existance to gain an understanding of how they are of any benefit to the UK and it's people.

oh rest assured, when the revolution hits, itll be rightwing, of the masses & filth like you who go up against the wall

I think from a ceremonial head of state perspective they are probably still worth it. Seem to be more respected than if we had some elected head of state which is bound to be some utter cretin from a past cabinet, William Hague, Gordon Brown, Tony fucking Blair one of those cunts. Keep please

If we cant get rid of them as our head of state you guys have no fucking chance.

The monarchy are well past their sell-by date. Bring on the revolution!!!

The gentry/oligarchs already had a glorious 'revolution' against the monarchy in 1688 - we need a revolution against them - the monarchy are pretty useless (the crown is part of the state and pretty separate from the royal family - more to do with the oligarchical 'government'). Obviously get rid of the royal parasites too (in a non-violent way of course - make them live on benefits in a council estate should do it)

(and BHM - are you sure you know the difference between revolution and reaction? (or radical and conservative; or marx and burke?) Who would the right wing overthrow seeing as how they already own/run the place (or are you one of those who think the 'liberal establishment' run tings, slyly endeavoring to bring in global communism under the sneaky cover of being overtly right wing?)

Is anyome good with figures / states here? If so, would you have a rough idea, in terms of exonomy, whether the UK would be berter off with or without the roysl family

Disclaimer: no one here is planning on trying to get rid of them - just trying to promote discussion around the topic.

Evey

Is anyome good with figures / states here? If so, would you have a rough idea, in terms of exonomy, whether the UK would be berter off with or without the roysl family

Disclaimer: no one here is planning on trying to get rid of them - just trying to promote discussion around the topic.

Evey

The royal family themselves don't cost a massive amount in the scheme of things, and they also bring in money to the 'nation' with their services to arms dealing and arselicking head-chopping tyrants (eg prince charles doing that sword dance with the saudis the day before some massive arms contract was due (prince charles playing ISIS); plus prince andrew). Do we need that sort of dirty money?

Most of the wealth attributed to the queen is made up of the Crown estates which is actually administered by the government (albeit with input from the queen) - the crown is technically the biggest landowner in the world, though i'm not sure how much of this can actually be called owned (eg many houses in britain are actually owned for 99 years when they revert to the crown); though they still own large swathes of the commonwealth outright. So there's plenty we can cash in there.

The crown is also in control of most of the world's tax havens (eg british virgin islands, bermuda) - this explains why our government is so relaxed about tax avoidance (cos we get a decent bung at that end). Technically speaking the tax havens are basically the same territory as the city of london, so money flows back and forth easily (this is what makes us the drug-money laundering capital of the world - don't it make you proud to be british?)

The argument the the queen brings in money from tourism is laughable - are we really such a basket-case economy that we have to rely on tourism like greece or egypt? (no we're not, we're 5th richest in the world) - i'll have a dig for some links for some more details. EDIT - here's a seamus milne article with some detail (just for BHM ;)) more about the politics than the economics

Last edited:
Overthrow the monarchy? I doubt most on here could overthrow a table of drinks (Noel Gallagher joke) :)

Who else would we replace on the Australian $5 that you could still transfer into a penis?

GbqpF0F.jpg

I believe you are looking at things the wrong way. The current royal family owes you nothing, in fact the subjects of the Commonwealth owe them.

You have been lead by a family resulting in prosperity unheralded in history. World Wars have been won, the majority of the globe conquered and exploited so you can sit at home, watching the BBC, with free healthcare and enough social security to not have to worry how to feed your child this Easter weekend.

From Queen Victoria through to the current Monarch, hostile invaders have be defended and the riches spread far and wide to their loyal subjects. So what if they have amassed a fortune, after all it was their money that initially funded the exploration and subsequent expansion of the Empire. It has been the successful and just leadership over the past 300 years that even gives you the basic right to complain and ridicule them without fear of execution.

There aren't many royal families in Europe that can boast a perfect 3-0 vs the Huns.

I thought the "Windsors" were the huns?

Either way, stop bringing down the intellectual discussion of the thread, otw :)
I don't have a fiver in my wallet at the moment, but i was always of the belief that the picture of Liz on the back actually contained vaguely concealed depiction of a whale giving someone a blowjob.

Will post pics when i crack the $10 i've got

Queen Elizabeth 2nd is 90 in April; the first to reign at this age. What's everyome's thoughts?

Thanks to everyone else outside the UK, especially those IN the commonwealth, for commenting. Really interesting to see others' thoughts outside of the UK :)

Evey