• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is it safe taking LSD with SSRI'S?

beat me up, baby!

Hell yes...It's better than Prozac, more effective than Lexapro, it's the newest, the hottest, the BESTEST antidepressant known...it's Pupabuse HCl, available only on BL.
No prescription needed.
Warnings: Homicidal/suicidal thoughts or behavior: All antidepressants may increase the risk of suicidal thoughts or behavior in children, adolescents, and young adults (18 to 24 years of age), However; Pupabuse may cause homicidal thoughts toward the treatment itself, particularly in those easily upset by provocative posts. Do NOT drink alcohol while using as this will almost certainly increase this risk.

Hello there, and thank you for using caution and asking others for assistance!

I do know that **generally** SSRI's with LSD and its analogues is safe, however; their effects may be lessened, or completely diminished if youre on a high enough dose. DO NOT however, take more just because you're on an SSRI if you do want to take this path. Always consult a physician if you're unsure. ( I'd reccomend a psychiatrist. most doctors dont really look at the interactions between drugs especially if they're in the psychiatric field and you get them from your general practitioner. ) Stay safe, always test your substances, and make sure to allergy test any substance!

My best wishes, fellow BlueLighter
OkayGift.

SSRI's definitely work! I recently went on Lexapro 5mg, went up to 20mg really quick because I'm about 280 and 6'3, butits turned my life around so quickly it's like breathing fresh air for the first time every morning. I appreciate everything now...

SSRI's aren't for everyone, an mine is an even more selective SSRI than the other SSRI's (as far as I have read about it's pharmacology compared to other SSRI's.)

Thank you for standing up for us that use SSRI's,
OkayGift.

Pupnik, you're certainly a good sport and that says a lot brother.

clearly several people here are experiencing ssri's in a very positive way, while none of the people I know have had such luck, though I have to add that when my brother in law and sister in law were using them, they wanted everyone to use them (they believed strongly in them). My daughter did not so well with them. My brother committed seppuku while using zoloft. They are not for everyone, and there really is a problem in the way trials were run to get these things approved.

take care.

clearly several people here are experiencing ssri's in a very positive way, while none of the people I know have had such luck, though I have to add that when my brother in law and sister in law were using them, they wanted everyone to use them (they believed strongly in them). My daughter did not so well with them. My brother committed seppuku while using zoloft. They are not for everyone, and there really is a problem in the way trials were run to get these things approved.

take care.

Sorry to hear about you brother.
I got no relief from them either and I fought depression for several years until by a very strange coincidence i ate a bunch of HBWR seeds and the "switch" that clicked(I actually heard it)when my son was born profoundly disabled suddenly clicked back, literally overnight and I have been my fun loving self ever since.
All this said, I believe that the placebo effect is a very real and powerful thing and sometimes a substance seems to work fine until one person tells another that it doesn't/can't work and they are back to square one.
OP, I am not suggesting this is why SSRI's work for you, I am just making a point...a long drawn out convoluted point. Point taken?

Yes, I'm sorry to hear that about your brother too, Pupnik.

I started my drug taking career in Goa back in the end of the 90'ies. I remember I made friends with an australian guy who told me, that his brother had taken a LSD trip he couldn't handle - he went crazy and later killed himself. I might be repeating myself, but both LSD and SSRI's are psychoactive drugs, they change how you percieve reality, and they sometimes do it in an unpredictable manner.

Which actually reminds me of this documentary I saw some years ago.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-sh/aurora_shooting

There is no doubt that SSRI's has been both the reason that some people killed themselves, but also in very, very rare cases killed other people. The documentary actually features a case in Canada, were a father strangled his own child when on SSRI's. The father was aquitted because it was established without a doubt that the SSRI's were the cause.

Still, SSRI's obviously hepled a lot of people. One man's medicine, another man's poison. Not saying people shouldn't take LSD nor SSRI's - just trying to say that people should take care, and not take unneccesary risks with their mental health.