• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is it safe taking LSD with SSRI'S?

In my experience all, that is all SSRI's totally kill and wipe out the effects of LSD. Do yourself a favour and save your money and save the disappointment that will happen if you go ahead anyway.

They absolutely do NOT completely kill the effects of LSD, at least not in everyone's experience and certainly not mine.

Now mind you I have NEVER tripped on any drug WITHOUT being on an SSRI (used to be Prozac but now Lexapro), so I can't compare it to how it would be off them, BUT I know I tripped balls on LSD several times (shrooms also) on it, got visuals, etc.

So keep in mind that this is your experience and not everyone's.

However, I do believe the effects were probably less than they'd have been off it, but it's still very possible to trip on LSD and other psychs while on SSRIs dependent on dosage, type of SSRI, etc.

Also, I had REALLY bad tics when I was 14 and HORRIBLE self consciousness and Prozac wiped it out.

SSRIs aren't only for depression but also work well for OCD which I have, and I don't believe it was placebo at all, but then people will go "how can you be sure since the placebo effect is all about being convinced something will work?", and the debate goes on and on and all I'll say is my life was being ruined by OCD at age 14 and after starting the Prozac the symptoms stopped for years till I was 23 and needed to add Klonopin to the mix to help me because it had worsened due to several factors.

They absolutely do NOT completely kill the effects of LSD, at least not in everyone's experience and certainly not mine.

Now mind you I have NEVER tripped on any drug WITHOUT being on an SSRI (used to be Prozac but now Lexapro), so I can't compare it to how it would be off them, BUT I know I tripped balls on LSD several times (shrooms also) on it, got visuals, etc.

So keep in mind that this is your experience and not everyone's.

However, I do believe the effects were probably less than they'd have been off it, but it's still very possible to trip on LSD and other psychs while on SSRIs dependent on dosage, type of SSRI, etc.

It seems that you just have a different baseline is all.
Tripping is tripping, it's all relative as well as subjective.
Who cares if they'd have been better without? I mean as long as you don't know what you're missing by tripping w/out them, then you're not missing anything...right?
Damn, I confuse myself sometimes...does anyone know what I am talking about? If so, let me know too.

......but to whoever said you shouldn't take psychs if you are on an SSRI because you aren't "prepared", yeah, that's fucking bullshit.

:) If you are refering to me, you clearly didn't understand what I was saying.

It seems that you just have a different baseline is all.
Tripping is tripping, it's all relative as well as subjective.
Who cares if they'd have been better without? I mean as long as you don't know what you're missing by tripping w/out them, then you're not missing anything...right?
Damn, I confuse myself sometimes...does anyone know what I am talking about? If so, let me know too.

Yeah what you are saying makes complete sense.

The only thing is that I sometimes wish I tripped hard in terms of more visuals, but that's more with shrooms than LSD, and I've heard people say before that they often get let visuals on shrooms than acid.

What I keep thinking in terms of shrooms is that the next time I can get them I'll get a quarter rather than an eighth but I really have no connections at all now.

I want to grow them but my living situation isn't great for that.

Anyway, yeah, I don't have anything to compare the difference too since I've always been on SSRIs.

In fact, almost all drugs I've used recreationally I have been on SSRIs the same time.

A quarter-ounce of shrooms (assuming you're planning on taking them all at once) seems pretty extreme. Psychedelics in general have a pretty steep dose-response curve, and shrooms have such an intense headspace that at high doses, the headspace may become so intense that it is basically going to overpower the Open Eye Visuals.

After doing 150 micrograms of ETH-LAD and retaining a semi-clear headspace during the trip, I at first considered taking 300 mcg for my next trip, but eventually settled on 225. And I'm definitely glad I did, because at 225 micrograms the ETH-LAD experience turned into a barrage of ultra-vivid memories and visualized thoughts, of cognitive loops that would turn even the simplest task into an odyssey, all while my mental processes were branching out into dozens of paths and meta-layers.

Some brave psychonaut on Reddit who actually tried ETH-LAD at 300 micrograms described their trip as "getting curbstomped by god for six hours straight".

So yeah... if you want to increase your shroom dose, maybe try 4.5-5 grams at first. A quarter ounce might be "a tad" overwhelming.

A quarter-ounce of shrooms (assuming you're planning on taking them all at once) seems pretty extreme. Psychedelics in general have a pretty steep dose-response curve, and shrooms have such an intense headspace that at high doses, the headspace may become so intense that it is basically going to overpower the Open Eye Visuals.

After doing 150 micrograms of ETH-LAD and retaining a semi-clear headspace during the trip, I at first considered taking 300 mcg for my next trip, but eventually settled on 225. And I'm definitely glad I did, because at 225 micrograms the ETH-LAD experience turned into a barrage of ultra-vivid memories and visualized thoughts, of cognitive loops that would turn even the simplest task into an odyssey, all while my mental processes were branching out into dozens of paths and meta-layers.

Some brave psychonaut on Reddit who actually tried ETH-LAD at 300 micrograms described their trip as "getting curbstomped by god for six hours straight".

So yeah... if you want to increase your shroom dose, maybe try 4.5-5 grams at first. A quarter ounce might be "a tad" overwhelming.

Yeah, I was thinking I'd probably try 5-5.5 grams first and see how that was.

But honestly, I doubt I'd be overwhelmed even by a quarter, probably because I think the SSRIs dull it and also I almost always have at least a small amount of Klonopin in my system cause I take it so often and that dulls it as well.

The last time I ate an eighth it was just 5 hours or so of complete peacefullness with no hiccups at all, but absolutely no visuals or really anything all that "trippy" to be honest, just super peaceful like everything was right with the world, and I smoked some weed with it too.

So if on that particular night I'd had exactly twice the dose of the exact same batch of shrooms I'm going to be honest that I can't imagine it ending badly.

The worst I could imagine is that it could have gotten a little intense at times but really not too bad.

The only time I've ever taken shrooms that it was super intense in terms of visuals and the whole experience was the very first time and I"m not sure why or if they were stronger or what, but I have never had a bad reaction from shrooms.

So yeah, I'd start with 5--5.5 grams, but I doubt even if I did take a quarter I'd have problems, whereas with LSD I find it's a WHOLE other ballpark and even two strong hits can be overwhelming at times.

I think for whatever reason (most likely the SSRIs and benzos) that shrooms just don't overwhelm me much.

It must have had some effect, just not the one that is being promoted. Then it faded.

If you were responding to my post, I must disagree completely.
I was the one that had my experience, and it absolutely had the effects promoted- hence the lifting of depressive symptoms and the resulting feelings of "being excited to start the day" and "FEELING the sun rise".
But yes, it stopped working eventually- as all psychoactive substances tend to do after long periods of regular use.

I tend to err on the side you seem to preach, when it comes to psychiatric pharmaceuticals (due not only to education and knowledge, but also to experience), but there is no absolute.
I would think that you, appearing to be such a psychedelic enthusiast, would be much more open minded.....hmm..

-PA

OK then, it had the effect of FEELING the sun rise.
I am sorry to appear to deny your experience.
that is not my preachy goal.
such a good thing should be provided to everyone!
amazing, really.

amazing, really.

Nice sarcasm lol.

But really, SSRIs can help people, whether you believe it or not.

Sure, I know all the placebo studies, but with my OCD at age 14 I had such bad social anxiety I could barely make eye contact with people for a year before I got on it Prozac, and then it completely made those issues go away for 9 years till they came back.

I don't believe that that was placebo.

I mean it was the kind of social anxiety that I was feeling for about 10 hours a day everyday for months prior to getting on Prozac and then it just all went away.

For something like that to be placebo that had the intended effect for a decade after getting on a good dose is a pretty damn impressive placebo effect!!

People seem to forget that SSRIs have a lot of therapeutical potential for OCD and anxiety disorders and not just depression.

Honestly, I think people are too hung up on bashing the usage of anti depressants when it doesn't really matter IMO what leads to the lifting of the symptoms of mental illness so long as they have gone away.

It could be any form of treatment, drug related or otherwise, but if you end up feeling better when you were previously feeling that life was damn near unlivable than that's all that matters IMO.

It certainly sounds to me like you've never had issues with anxiety, OCD, depression or anything like that so you are obviously not speaking from a place of knowledge regarding this, especially to say such a thing as "if you need an SSRI you aren't in the right place to take LSD".

I believe these kinds of disorders/mental illnesses come from faulty brain chemistry and aren't simply the result of "not living your life the right way".

I think you could be doing everything right but if you have severe OCD or bipolar or whatever it isn't going to matter, you are still going to have the symptoms, and anything that makes them go away is going to be good in my book, it's just that some treatments are better and safer than others.

amazing, really.

No, again, it had the effect of alleviating depressive symptoms, perhaps you've not learned to read. That's okay, I can say it a 4th time- IT ALLEVIATED/TREATED MY DEPRESSION/DEPRESSIVE SYMPTOMS (to a large degree anyway).

I don't know why you are being a complete ass to me, I never did anything to you or said anything negative or could be construed as rude or insulting to or about you- so what the hell is your problem? Maybe YOU are the one with not the right head (or whatever you said previously) to be using psychedelics, cuz there's obviously something more than what an antidepressant could treat going on in there.

Yes, "preach". Because that IS what you are doing in this thread. Just as I noticeably constantly preach things such as HR. I don't take or view that as an insult or a negative thing (which is probably why I have no compunction with saying it about myself), so why do you? Especially if it's something you feel so strongly about.

You clearly haven't benefited or learned anywhere near as much (or at all- maybe even the opposite) from your psychedelic use as you'd like to think if you seriously think in such ways, and so negatively, close minded, ignorant, conceited, puffed up ego and completely arrogant, construe things into what is far from the truth or reality just to justify your own totally uncalled-for rude behavior, condescension, and disrespectful sarcasm, and everything else. Such good things should be provided to everyone!
Amazing, really.

I strongly suggest you actually reflect and do some introspection when you trip.

I hope you know just how big a fool you're making of yourself bud.
Amazing, really.

Regards,

-PA

Any OCD in the picture?

With who, me or the last poster?

Mine ain't gone, but I will tell you this, I no longer have fear of eye contact, which was ruining my life.

Do you ever answer in anything more than 4 short sentences that are usually questions?

Or do you feel having to debate your argument more fully with people who know more than yourself about what it's like to experience these issues and SSRI treatment would expose your lack of knowledge?

If one has a condition a drug doesn't just "make it go away" but it helps treat it and make life livable which shouldn't be frowned on.

Only things like neurofeedback (which I've gotten), life changes, and constantly battling those demons can "get rid" of these issues, if they even can at all.

Any narcissism in the picture?

Thanks to most people for the sound advice, much appreciated. As for some of you, u need to take a look at yourselves and stop acting lile self important,arrogant, small minded beings. Ssri's ACTUALLY HAVE MADE A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE and most certainly work! Pupnik how would you know if they work or not if you've never tried them in your life?
Anyway I don't have the time to be wasting talking to people like you
Good day

Thanks to most people for the sound advice, much appreciated. As for some of you, u need to take a look at yourselves and stop acting lile self important,arrogant, small minded beings. Ssri's ACTUALLY HAVE MADE A SIGNIFICANT DIFFERENCE and most certainly work! Pupnik how would you know if they work or not if you've never tried them in your life?
Anyway I don't have the time to be wasting talking to people like you
Good day

Welcome back! For a minute anyway. I thought dude was long gone.
Way to stand up for yourself.
just when I had decided that this thread had gone totally rogue, Jacolm swoops in and kicks ass!
The only thing better for depression than psychedelics is ANGER...IMNSHO.
Fucking toss your SSRI's and stay pissed!