• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Is it possible to use benzos responsibly?

Is it even possible to abuse benzos? I die never found anything worthwhile or recreational in the substances. Either you take them at the end of q Trip or after spun out on amphetamines, thats it. Solo they are quite lame, its ok if you take a little alcohol with them. But i dont bother. Sure there are the social wrecks who cant stand beeing in public but even then how do you abuse a benzo?
Curious to me too.But people are abusing benzos-that's a fact.Xannies in U.S....in U.K. also a lot of people pop it like candies.They could be useful,even beneficial in some cases,but nothing like euphoria from uppers or painkillers.Just a tool for anxiety&muscle relaxant.At least for me.

i repeatedly got that feeling.....

i love valium - they're fun to me :shrug:
Yep.
a beer or 2 helps

but don't listen to me

:facepalm:
Krink coming through with the anti-harm reduction message ftw.

Personally, 15-30mg of Valium and a beer is the sweet spot for me. It used to be 5-10mg and less than a beer (like an actual legal serving of beer), but that was more than 10 years ago.

Is it even possible to abuse benzos? I die never found anything worthwhile or recreational in the substances. Either you take them at the end of q Trip or after spun out on amphetamines, thats it. Solo they are quite lame, its ok if you take a little alcohol with them. But i dont bother. Sure there are the social wrecks who cant stand beeing in public but even then how do you abuse a benzo?
That is exactly how I feel. I can only handle the brain dead feeling when I need to tone down my brain. My regular waking consciousness is more euphoric than taking benzos. But one time I had a situation that spun me out and taking a benzo calmed me down. So naturally I will give it a go at times and just fall asleep. I can not even watch a movie on them. Some wall goes up and I get bored and can't get consumed by the movie. As well as amnesia.

I also don't understand waking up with a box of 50 gone. I take one, and just forget about. I think people are trying to get a buzz and just keep popping them to no avail. But then that just kicks up tolerance.

Delusions of sobriety. Pffft. I already pegged that as a loser drug effect on their own. A good drug does not make you wonder if you feel it. lol :)

Saying all that I know two people that need diazepam to eat, one also for a back issue. It works for them. So I think if you need these medically take as little as you can as sparingly as you can. If you go daily make sure you talk with your doctor on a plan. While they may not be for me I know they are a valid medication and a crappy recreational drug.

Yep.

Krink coming through with the anti-harm reduction message ftw.

Personally, 15-30mg of Valium and a beer is the sweet spot for me. It used to be 5-10mg and less than a beer (like an actual legal serving of beer), but that was more than 10 years ago.

see you know exactly what im talking about

i think it's really odd that so many of you don't :shrug:

i had some of the best times of my life eating those things, wobbling around, out there with friends

in fact, everybody was my friend on v's

:group hug:

i think it's really odd that so many of you don't :shrug:
Don't get me wrong Mr K, I want people to have a good time. And if some vallies and a few drinks works God Bless. I did that in my teens. My friend had a grandfather who was a pharmacist. We got Seconals from 1978-81. Then all doctors changed people over to the "safer" benzos. So the fact they knocked out barbs makes me have a strike against them. We were bummed at that but of course still worked with vallies for a bit. 100 mgs and a few shots of whisky when I was 16. That whole summer!

But yeah, have fun. Be safe. I took 1800mgs of gabapentin tonight for the first time in a week. I find that much more euphoric than xanax or valiun but that is just me.

Oh and congrats on the Mod job. I am going to have to come into CE&P and test your resolve. LOL

Don't get me wrong Mr K, I want people to have a good time. And if some vallies and a few drinks works God Bless. I did that in my teens. My friend had a grandfather who was a pharmacist. We got Seconals from 1978-81. Then all doctors changed people over to the "safer" benzos. So the fact they knocked out barbs makes me have a strike against them. We were bummed at that but of course still worked with vallies for a bit. 100 mgs and a few shots of whisky when I was 16. That whole summer!

But yeah, have fun. Be safe. I took 1800mgs of gabapentin tonight for the first time in a week. I find that much more euphoric than xanax or valiun but that is just me.

Oh and congrats on the Mod job. I am going to have to come into CE&P and test your resolve. LOL

thanks

im the first anti-vaxx mod in BL history

my name should be on a plaque

tc1kHc5.gif

thanks

im the first anti-vaxx mod in BL history
Maybe I should head over and discuss. Have not thought of Covid in a good while. But good discussion can be had. I won't bungle up this post but knowing the medical field has come so far the last few centuries, I wonder where people think the dishonestly came in. Anywho another thread.

Back to benzos. 3 people I know taking them daily for years under a doctors care. They are intelligent, witty and nothing like the stereotypical benzo buzz head. So I know if it is needed daily I would for sure talk to my doctor very honestly and make sure they don't cut you off. That is what the 3 people I know did.

RC benzo self admin is only for us people that do not like benzos. I have read so many issues. Look at this thread. The poor guy was drinking a strong benzo drink all day with no effect just to not have seizures.

I've been taking benzos since 2015 occasionally until the pandemic hit and my crack use spun out of control. I started taking em here and there almost everyday to comedown from crack and be able to sleep. But after my accident, I said fuck it and now I've been taking clonazepam at least 4mg and sometimes I can take up to 8-10mg. No point on raising my dose to those lvls but it's more like a placebo thing. Since they are otc, I never run out from em and I've never truly felt wds from em, only once I think. I don't use alprazolam for that matter, it's half life is too short, worst tasting benzo too. So I like my clonazepam, ill probably take em Indefinitely for a couple more years. I'm gonna take one now, cheers

They become addictive to people who have problems with anxiety already particularly. For example I really enjoy my stimulants and used to love a drink and a line of the ol peruvian marching powder. Since I can't drink anymore, xanax acts as a stand in, and if you take it in large amount it can make you feel like a GOD. Like invincible. Like almost like arrogant mania? So if you're someone whose predisposed to anxiety it can be very attractive to feel completely free, and able. For example they become very attractive for me for dates.

This all being said you can become extremely physically addicted to them, like to the point where stopping could very easily lead to a death causing seizure with a strong enough tolerance. I had a friend who was injecting half a gram of alprazolam (250 bars worth) mixed with alcohol a day and would seem pretty much normal on them. I will also say I've had around 6 friends in the past 5 years pass away from mixing them with alcohol and not waking up due to depression of breathing.

So tldr yes very addictive but can be done responsibly. I ended up getting some, i'm going to split a few into little bits, and mail the rest to my friend who doesn't touch them so I can't binge lol

I've been taking benzos since 2015 occasionally until the pandemic hit and my crack use spun out of control. I started taking em here and there almost everyday to comedown from crack and be able to sleep. But after my accident, I said fuck it and now I've been taking clonazepam at least 4mg and sometimes I can take up to 8-10mg. No point on raising my dose to those lvls but it's more like a placebo thing. Since they are otc, I never run out from em and I've never truly felt wds from em, only once I think. I don't use alprazolam for that matter, it's half life is too short, worst tasting benzo too. So I like my clonazepam, ill probably take em Indefinitely for a couple more years. I'm gonna take one now, cheers
I feel you brother, I have tapered down successfully but taking stims frequently make it a bitch to not. Maybe you could switch to valium instead since I find 2mg of clonaz actually kinda feels like 15mg of diaz, but 2mg of clonaz is actually worth about 30mg of diaz when using a benzo calculator. Not that you're asking for advice just saying always good to keep the tolerance low for the same effects you feel. But saying that I dont like how clonaz makes me feel so tired so each to their own!

Yes, but it certainly takes discipline. But it certainly can be easy to increase your tolerance and start stringing together days of consistent use, which is where the real problems start. So conversely, keeping your tolerance low is really the key, and keep it to intermittent use. Personally, I never experienced the "compulsion to redose", so that's never been an issue for me. Even with Flubro, Flual, and even Clonazolam, I never got into trouble with redosing any of them. In fact, I never really exceeded .5 mg of any of them unless I dosed twice in a day, for example, which was likely to be mid-day, then evening if it happened at all. It is one of the reasons I rather like all of those 3 compounds because a little goes so far. But yeah...I also know many other people who have fucked themselves up royally with various benzos, so as always, proceed with caution.

Also, being very busy and having many responsibilities and obligations, I just don't have time to have a problem with them or any other drug, for that matter.
frankly this is the worry, i'm not busy enough i've been looking for jobs for some time now and keep on getting rejections thus the desire to take benzos lol. Also went through a tough breakup so i want some for that first date confidence (that a lot of people get from a couple drinks but are off limit to me).

As i've mentioned above i've got a strategy lol, split em into small bits so taking '1' is actually like a quarter and sending the majority to a friend to not binge. Cheers for the advice x

It's POSSIBLE to use anything responsibly. The thing is do you actually WANT to use it responsibly, or do you really have a yen to do lots and are hoping for some failsafe tactic that'll allow you to keep your use down despite of this? Because no such a failsafe exists.

When people ask me 'how I manage to moderate', there's no how. I just do. And my answer to the question is 'because these days I only want a moderate amount'. I tell people and I keep telling them in every discussion about responsible or moderate use, that you will always end up using to the level of your appetite. NOT according to your better intentions. So whether or not YOU can use benzos on an occasional basis or not depends on how much and how often you want the damn things.

Last edited:
It's POSSIBLE to use anything responsibly. The thing is do you actually WANT to use it responsibly, or do you really have a yen to do lots and are hoping for some failsafe tactic that'll allow you to keep your use down despite of this? Because no such a failsafe exists.

When people ask me 'how I manage to moderate', there's no how. I just do. And my answer to the question is 'because these days I only want a moderate amount'. I tell people and I keep telling them in every discussion about responsible or moderate use, that you will always end up using to the level of your appetite. NOT according to your better intentions. So whether or not YOU can use benzos on an occasional basis or not depends on how much and how often you want the damn things.
I do actually want to use it responsibly yes. If I could be prescribed them (im in the uk and they're very reluctant to prescribe anything other than antidepressants). In an ideal world, I would have a very low dose prescribed that every other day or for stressful situations I could use. For example I get prescribed ritalin - it sorts my mood out wonderfully, its got rid of a lot of my cravings for other stimulants and I feel like myself. I don't abuse my ritalin, I did at the start but then realised 'fuck it this is for my own medical reason so why am I fucking with it'.

I know there will come a point where moderation is possible through fulfilling hobbies and jobs etc. But right now im not there so a little help from something is appreciated. Thus asking for any tips haha. I also don't think I use xanax to completely block the world out like i used ketamine and alcohol before. These are all ifs that will be answered soon I suppose. (if it does end up in a binge then its another thing crossed off the list).

I feel you brother, I have tapered down successfully but taking stims frequently make it a bitch to not. Maybe you could switch to valium instead since I find 2mg of clonaz actually kinda feels like 15mg of diaz, but 2mg of clonaz is actually worth about 30mg of diaz when using a benzo calculator. Not that you're asking for advice just saying always good to keep the tolerance low for the same effects you feel. But saying that I dont like how clonaz makes me feel so tired so each to their own!
At one point last year, I was taking 20mg Diaz morning 20mg in the afternoon and 2mg clonaz to sleep. But suddenly diazepam started to be scarce and became a bit harder to get so I just take clonazepam now. But every now and then I take diazepam too, lovely muscle relaxation. The one I hate believe it or not is Xanax, hate that shit. U have to redose throughout the whole day. I want a xlonaz now lol. Cheers 👍

Not for long though, every now and then you have to detox yourself xddd but yeah u don't go overboard with Ur DOC, takes a few years to master that.

Back when I was chasing the specter of "Benzo Euphoria," I used to take pretty substantial of alprazolam, clonazepam, temazepam, & zolpidem — equivalent to ~60mg diazepam at my single dose max (usually combining benzos) — but didn't really succeed in my quest.

Now, I take different benzos in doses equal to about 3mg diazepam. I'm able to feel them in ways that are definitely mild but also indisputably "real." And now that I'm not chasing oblivion, I can appreciate their subtle power to take the edge off a stim crash (for example).

Is it even possible to abuse benzos?
Oh, yeah. Can easily be abused the fuck out of.
Say ya have some kind of anxiety that keeps you locked in a box with a smiling (though, plastic) face while going about your day. It takes a huge toll and saps energy, creativity, muscle-tightness causes pains, etc. Take a 1/4 pill and one is almost happy to take care of business whatever may come (I think negrog coined "swagger"). If 1/4 will help... maybe 1/2 will double the good day. Easy to forget when ya last dose was so dose again. Tolerance builds. Dose. And so on til one reaches the stage of rage and it all comes crashing down.