• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is it normal to go bad on weed with tobacco?

Psychoactive_Gardener

Bluelighter
For some reason, I just go really bad on weed and tobacco combinations. Doesn't matter if it's rolled in the spliff, or if I smoke a cigarette while high. Yesterday I even passed out. I never have it when I just smoke pure. Is this normal?

I started out padding weed with tobacco for cost reasons (I was already a cigarette smoker).
I stopped smoking tobacco after my first episode of haemoptysis (coughing up blood) and cannabis after my second.
This resulted in an inability to sleep and I returned to smoking straight grass joints at night.
After a few years I returned to pulling bongs and...you guessed it.. had another episode.
Been back on joints for about a year now.
On the rare occasions if I toke on someone else's mixed joint I have a most unpleasant reaction.
Tachycardia, nausea and loss of balance.
One puff is enough to do this. I inevitably need to lie down for half an hour.

As my partner fond of saying....there's no point taking a (recreational) drug if you don't get off on it.

Now... Weed is cheaper than tobacco here.

The only true greenout I had was from a spliff, I just felt like shit. My friends and I used to make little weed last by mixing it like this or sometimes in a bong. it worked, but still, I often didn't feel that nice. When I smoked ciggies, I'd be craving the shit out of them drunk, I'd want them sober. But when I'd get high, I never wanted it. I'd just be like "why am I doing this? it's poison." Crazy how THC can help curb addictions. Even if I got high before wanting to drink I suddenly didn't want to drink.

For some reason, I just go really bad on weed and tobacco combinations. Doesn't matter if it's rolled in the spliff, or if I smoke a cigarette while high. Yesterday I even passed out. I never have it when I just smoke pure. Is this normal?

It sounds like a newbie thing so why start smoking (e.g. combustion) when there are better alternatives? Tobacco was easier to justify when using hashish, to me at least, as i smoked blond Drum tobacco and that's made of fine strings that seemed appropriate to stop hashish bits from falling, only to burn holes in my clothes and furniture... Besides the paper + glue contaminants i added vegetal fibers of unknown quality, e.g. considering Big Tobacco history with hiding study results (...), try consider that this is destroying half the noble molecules to merely keep a fire alive while trying to inhale the rest, contaminated at the source with combustion compounds. Convenient and cheap for sure, efficient too, but dumb when we know so much better now.

IMO a "bong" is the typical initiation route, i got one too but mine is always dry: it's for "cooling" and party puffs... Compared to being a smoker i cut my smoke bills by ~3 while the appreciation simply transformed, because conversion to vaporism cannot be a punishment.

Which is where Pulse Heating kicks in, since it ain't all different from smoking after all, except cleaner to the lungs.

We've heard over a month ago i think that the present VapMap manufacturer took over the former Lotus vaporizer from USA, it could be so much fun if combined to a bong i'll bet! Well, stores are full of the "next best thing" anyway, the expense is recovered later no problem (unless you "convert" like a pig)...

:unsure:

I love tobacco and I've been smoking cigarettes for 50yrs.
I also love weed and I've been smoking it nearly as long.
But mixing the two? Disgusting.
I'll smoke a cig after I get high but I've never liked smoking the combo at all. I never smoked a blunt in my life. I tried mixing hash and tobacco once. Hated it.

In my opinion, tobacco and cannabis are not meant to be mixed. When I was a tobacco smoker, my inhale was not nearly as deep as it is with cannabis. Breathing tobacco smoke that deep into my lungs is thoroughly unenjoyable. I enjoy both of them separately, but when mixed, it gives me the go bads. Lots of coughing, nausea, and wheezing.

Smoking tobacco after smoking weed always made me feel a shitty nicotine buzz back when I smoked cig's. I also passed out from smoking a cig after I smoked weed once.

Can you elaborate on what happens?
Mostly, I get the craziest headrush to the point of nausea and may vomit. Last week, however, I smoked a lot of weed, then after I think half an hour after smoking my last bowl, I smoked a cigarette. I went to the bar to order a drink and I just kinda "fell asleep" while standing up and woke up after what I think was about 30 seconds. After that I felt good though. Note that I never have that when I smoke pure.

Something I forgot to mention. Pulling a mixed bong burned at a different part of my throat to pulling one of straight green.
I found exactly the same thing sucking a J.
Tobacco shifted the feeling up, green down. And I think this is why changing modes gets you coughing.
When I first started smoking straight weed I found that ridiculously thin joints did not trigger coughing fits (despite having to suck the living shit out of it to keep it burning.)

I quite liked American Spirit Burley mix...smoked Bank at home.
Even 2nd hand smoke gets my heart racing now.

I love the rush from baccy and buds. I'll never smoke full green. Being smoking cigs and buds for 13 years now and I guess I'm one of the lucky ones as I don't cough up any phlegm or anything. Have a mate who has being smoking the same amount of time and coughs up black shit every morning, granted he is an alcoholic though. I don't even have intentions of qutting cigs, I enjoy smoking them and don't give a fuck what anyone else has to say about it. Show me the scientific evidence actually proving lung cancer is correlated with smoking - oh wait you can't. Now if only I could grow my own tobacco and not have to deal with the shitty crook fucking feds.

The dude coughed up blood so he only smokes weed instead of weed and tobacco 🤦‍♂️

If I ever coughed out blood from smoking a joint I would take my ass to a doctor. Or at the very least stop smoking anything.

...I bought a pack and it was 15.87 and I was like no....
Holy crap. I haven't smoked regularly in almost 10 years, I used to pay $2.50-3.50 a pack, even "premium" brands like American Spirit were under $5. Granted, I lived in a state that is one of the largest producers of tobacco in the world, so taxes and prices were incredibly low.

What does "go bad" on weed mean?

There is some about the smell and taste of weed + tobacco together that I find oddly alluring. I think it smells great. Spicy weed...