• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is it illegal to be under the influence of LSD?

But they're never going to get drugs off the streets so all they can do instead is catch personal users.

I don't think they can arrest you for being high unless you're causing a nuisance but they can certainly lock you until you are no longer a danger to either yourself or others.

Actually Ismene (and i've gotten over our differences so hopefully you can feel the same way sometime <3) american medical privacy laws are extreme and dumbfounding. It basically takes someone killing something (themselves or others) to alert the media rad flat. I've always been so damn peaceful on most of my 2ce trips though, as visual as they get. You should joins us next time

EDIT: LOL THIS MADE NO SENSE sorry that was a very drunken post fueled by my 21st

Last edited:
I was a bit worried about you there IamMe ;)

Did you just go for drink on your 21st? No psychedelics planned?

Not all states have laws against PI

public intoxication, on any substance, is against the law in every state. You could be impaired on an otc and they can arrest you.

You will want to check your facts, because your wrong.

I assume your talking about "states" in 'Merika, in which case your wrong. Actually not all do have laws against public intoxication. They all have laws against Impaired Driving, as that is a prerequisite for u.s. federal transportation funds, but surprisingly not all have laws against public intoxication. I'll let you research and figure out which ones don't have laws against PI, sorry bro, you failed to do due diligence and I'm not going to do your work for you.

Typically, in these states, laws will allow for the arrest and temporary incarceration of individuals who are blatantly causing public nuisance or damaging public/private property or are a danger to themselves or others, but the charges and basis for arrest have absolutely nothing to do with degree of intoxication or levels of alcohol or drugs in the system.

Talking about dilated pupils, I prefer having Tropicamide eyedrops to wearing sunglasses. Tropicamide makes pupils dilated, and you can always say you have to use them :)

You have no choice in the UK. If he sees you high he's allowed to search you for illegal drugs.

With what, his magical "high-seeing supervision x-ray glasses"? How, precisely, does a person "see you high"? LOL.

How, precisely, does a person "see you high"? LOL.

gold-paint-face-guy.jpg

Last edited:
Huffing spray paint has some pretty funny side effects. I once saw a homeless dude staggering along with a silver face.

As for whether or not it's illegal to be under the influence of lsd- in my experience it is 'illegal' to do anything that will piss off the cops. In many countries it is infact illegal to be an asshole infront of a police officer. Then there are mental health provisions that can be used to detain anyone who could be considered a threat to themselves or others.

Who would have thought? The filth take a dim view drug use and drug users...

Here in the Netherlands I think that while possession is still illegal, being under the influence like at your own home is condoned or even legal I believe. But in public, you can - mostly if you are bothering other people in any way - get into trouble for public intoxication.

Also legal discussion is a tricky or downright restricted area here on Bluelight.. so I must stress that the forum is not going to be held accountable for anything illegal posters may do. This is just an open discussion and we express our opinions... there is no actual advice here you can refer to later on, when you are in a jailcell tripping balls bare naked and covered in jell-o invoking the right to have one fax transmission.

Last edited:
In the USA it is not illegal to have an expanded consciousness unless, of course, you are operating a motor vehicle.

Whether its legal to "just" consume drugs depends on local laws.

I know legal discussion on bl are borderline. Hope not to break any rules!? The logic of most LEO's is, to consume one had to be in possession. That's where the tricky part starts. E.g. in Germany its totally legal to consume illegal substances. When a joint circles and some body takes a puff, its not possession - the joint is still in the possession of the "owner". If somebody handed out weed and didn't expect, the receiver will take it immediately, it's possession. Anyway police may start investigations. In the south of Germany - we are a federal state and like in the us, things are dealt different in every state - the police may raid homes to collect "evidence". Sometimes the same officers, one admitted using, will directly drive to the home to search it.

Back on topic (hope not break any rules in respect to drug testing, too): LSD usually wont show up on drug tests. If somebody is not in a situation, that needs medical aid, there is no reason to tell police being under the influence of LSD. They can prove nothing - just another weirdo on a night shift ......

If you are pulled over or otherwise questioned by LE, they do not need to find drugs on you. They can do a field sobriety test and "conclude" that based on things like pupil size, reactivity to stimuli, speech patterns, and other behavioral and/or physiological aspects of your presentation, they can conclude that you are likely to be "under the influence" of a mind-altering compound. Many people have been caught driving and pinched, without the presence of any HARD evidence, based on field sobriety tests and LE observations. It doesn't mean it'll hold up in court, but in the end, it's your words against a cop's. And guess who a judge is more likely to go with...

I know legal discussion on bl are borderline. Hope not to break any rules!?

Does not seem to be in the BLUA or PD rules, but I still want to remind you of all of what I posted in my previous post since that will be enforced if necessary. If you ask me, it is okay to share factual information about legality of being under the influence of LSD - just don't associate this forum of thread with any personal matters you may have with the law. While trying to be informative, at the end of the day it remains your own responsibility to check your local laws before you do anything that might break them.

As a minor once I got cited for being "in possession" of alcohol because it was in my blood. (I was drunk)

As an adult (true story) I was stopped by a cop. He thought I was high (I was sober) he searched me, made me perform a sobriety test and breathelized me. After passing all these tests he told me he still thought I was high and took me to the station for a blood test. Then I was held in jail for three days while he "waited for the results to my blood test". So in short, yes, it is illegal to be high. Even if you aren't high.

As a minor once I got cited for being "in possession" of alcohol because it was in my blood. (I was drunk)

As an adult (true story) I was stopped by a cop. He thought I was high (I was sober) he searched me, made me perform a sobriety test and breathelized me. After passing all these tests he told me he still thought I was high and took me to the station for a blood test. Then I was held in jail for three days while he "waited for the results to my blood test". So in short, yes, it is illegal to be high. Even if you aren't high.

I got a shitload of Illegal consumption charges when I was underage and drunk, but only Minor in Possesion of alc. When I had alcohol on me, but it prob. varies from state to state. But yeah, they can fuckin hold you for stupid shit if they really want to.

Exactly, it's a Cop, it does not have to follow the Law, it is the Law, sodomizing you with his nightstick for having a stain on your shirt is the law....until you get home anyway at which point you might have something a lawyer may be interested in if you got the money, or if what they did to you is so horrific and obvious they'll just take half or more of any winnings from a civil case. Might leave you with enough to leave town, which will be wise because you will be targeted for getting a Cop a paid vacation, it will not go to Jail, it will hold a grudge.
But if you are very respectful, lots of "yes, Sir" "I'm sorry sir" and do exactly as it says the second it says to, it might think you are a non-combatant and send you on your way without the beatings, or even stealing your money for his boss.

Last edited: