• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc Is it hard to extract my own dmt

Higherfocus420

Bluelighter
I have 50 g of mimosa Hostilis and thought I will try and learnt how to extract my own dmt someone told me they do it themselves and have hardly and chemistry knowledge will 50 g be enough and can a gone give me some tips

50g should get you like 500mg of DMT if it's decent bark. It's quite easy, there are lots of teks out there. It's just following step by step directions, it barely even qualifies as chemistry, it's a simple acid base (or straight to base which is even easier) extraction. Look up "lazyman's tek dmt", that's the one I use.

Its the most basic reaction in chemistry, an acid to base extraction. It can get a little annoying without a separatory funnel ala a pipette, but you aren’t synthesing anything per say, just extracting. It’s simple.
I wonder if a butane extraction of mh would yield a bho like consistency of the mh plant alkaloids and I’d assume it would include dmt but I’m no chemist so I couldn’t tell you for sure

Its fairly easy with Mimosa as your starting material. I like to extract a n,n DMT/5-meo-DMT mix from Delosperma cooperi, but the de-fatting is a bitch and a half. It grows all over around where I live, so sourcing it is as easy as a bike ride😉

I thought it was going to be hard but it was relatively easy, Following simple lazymans tek. Make sure u powder the bark. Makes it a hell of alot easier.

I even thought i fucked it up till i done the freeze precipitation on it. Then i got those lovely yellow crystals. It was definitely not pure as it was yellow but hell was it effective.

yes do follow a tek, thats important. mine came out exceptionally pure; looked like meth. i just evaporated off the naptha. if you know anyone with a vac oven, this will speed up the evaporation of the solvent and leave u with, if done right, dmt with a negligently small amount of ppms of solvent left on it. this is how and why cannabis resin prepared for vaporizing is purged.

and exactly anonymousD, extraction of dmt=refinement of dmt from all those plant lipids and fats in mimosaHos. I will also add that the root bark has the highest alkaloid content, and works best with mh teks.
lookup a dmt tek on a chemical synthesis site.

Its fairly easy with Mimosa as your starting material. I like to extract a n,n DMT/5-meo-DMT mix from Delosperma cooperi, but the de-fatting is a bitch and a half. It grows all over around where I live, so sourcing it is as easy as a bike ride😉
Where are you located? Where I am it grows all over the beach but it's a purpley flower with yellow in the middle I think.can u tell me about the extraction method you used? What do you use to defat? How many defat steps are necessary? Acid/base or straight to base? Do u need to blend it up first?

THANK YOU!

So like 4-5yrs ago I purchased a plant that I had forgotten the name of and did an extraction knowing it contained 5-MeO as well as DMT. I couldn’t remember for the life of me what the plants name was and so this extract has “sat on the shelf” so to speak waiting until I could rediscover its origins.

I remember now that I’m pretty sure it was Delosperma, are there multiple active species or just cooperi?

I did a fairly crude acidic water extraction, since I know 5-MeO is fairly hard to get via traditional extraction techniques and was just gonna wait until I could better understand how to get it more pure or to at least try it orally since 5-meo is said to be orally active to some degree.

Well now I got all this extract to figure out what to do with, any tips?

-GC

Where are you located? Where I am it grows all over the beach but it's a purpley flower with yellow in the middle I think.can u tell me about the extraction method you used? What do you use to defat? How many defat steps are necessary? Acid/base or straight to base? Do u need to blend it up first?

Mimosa rootbark does not require defatting, you can do straight to base, it's why it's so commonly used as a plant source for DMT. That and it contains little besides DMT.

With MHRB it is very easy, do a STB then re-x in hepetane and viola white crystals...MHRB has become hard to get tho anyone remember Sonoran song on amazon with the fire ? After the raid I started getting acacia confusa and getting the ACRB pure took way more work

Mimosa rootbark does not require defatting, you can do straight to base, it's why it's so commonly used as a plant source for DMT. That and it contains little besides DMT.

He’s speaking of Delosperma not Mimosa. Your right though one can extract STB with no defats on Mimosa. Although I always suggest doing a full A/B personally, better purity. And it’s actually easier IMO cuz the separation is much better and easier without all that plant matter in the way. Just do the acidic water soaks at room temperature and when ready decant/filter and basify.

-GC

Next time I'll try that. I've been sitting on most of a kilo of bark for a while, got kinda tired of doing it for the moment.

Next time I'll try that. I've been sitting on most of a kilo of bark for a while, got kinda tired of doing it for the moment.

Haha I know the feeling, when ya got enough ya got enough right? ;)

That’s the one drug I’m never gonna worry about again.

-GC

Lye works good for STB, to defat if that’s what your into you can just soak your bark in solvent before basing it ;), super easy..hepetane is my favorite solvent can be bought at art supply stores/amazon under name bestine, doing a re-x is always a good idea imo

My understanding is that even though it's easy from a chemistry perspective it's still smelly, yes? What with the naphtha, possibly lye depending on the tek, etc. Also some of the more ideal solvents aren't legal for sale everywhere, naphtha in particular.

I've never done it but those are a few of the issues that've stopped me. I wouldn't be able to be conspicuous.

You don't really ever have the naphtha sitting in open air, unless you choose to evaporate instead of freeze precipitate. Naphtha doesn't smell too much anyway. I tried using xylene once and evaporating since it won't freeze precipitate out of xylene... THAT shit smells crazy strong (and horrible). I put it in my garage overnight and the whole house reeked so bad you could barely breathe in the morning. And apparently it takes like a week or more to actually evaporate. I had to mix it with vinegar and water to salt it and then pull off the acid layer, ended up with light red goop containing DMT acetate (was trying to make "jungle spice"). Haven't tried it yet.

I have yet to try recrytallizing it, works fine in the crystally flakes I have which are light yellow and occasionally quite white. It would be a fun experiment to do though, grow some beautiful crystals. :)

I just grew some absolutely gorgeous Acacia confusa crystals that I’m pretty proud of...

The trick to monster crystals is this.

Use the first pull of each step (you can do additional pills later for lower grade), for the acidic water extraction do it for 24-48 hours at room temperature with occasional agitation, for the naphtha pull don’t use too much heat (this takes practice) or agitation.

Wash the naptha with a 5% bicarbonate solution that has also been pre-heated to avoid cooling the naphtha solution and prematurely precipitating the DMT.

Then recrystallize as normal. Once your pour off the naphtha if you notice some yellow globules try to manually separate them at this point via spatula/toothpick/whatever.

Scrape out the DMT and air dry. Now get some fresh naptha heating up, once warm maintain its warmth while you drip this onto your DMT. The actual DMT will dissolve much quicker than the yellow oils, keep dripping in and swirling until your satisfied then quickly pour it off into a TALL AND SKINNY container.

The tall and skinny part is important, it allows for larger crystals to form over wide flat containers.

Now the next part can go one of two ways...

The easy way is to leave this container at room temperature for 4-8 hours, fridge for 4-8 hours and freezer for 6-12 hours. The slower the better.

OR if you want crystals you that’ll make your friends shit themselves..

Find a way for the temperature in the container to slowly fluctuate between warm and cold, usually a garage in colder seasons works well. Talking temperatures ranging from 50-60F day and 30-40F night. If you can’t do this, try doing room temperature during the day, and fridge at night.

For a month switch the flask from room temp to fridge, this will essentially cause lots of recrystallizations to happen each time slowly creating better more defined shards.

In the end recrystallization depends on a lot of factors and if it isn’t done right it won’t clean up much, takes some practice doing right.

Multiple re-x’s can be worth it if you want insane beauty.

Acacia can produce better crystals if the right stuff is sourced, NMT is easier to clean out than the yellow oils often found in Mimosa.

The best crystals I’ve grown either grow in long needle like globes that look like sea urchins (sometimes these crystals grow longer than an inch but break easily) or hexagonal/blocky shards.

-GC

I just grew some absolutely gorgeous Acacia confusa crystals that I’m pretty proud of...

The trick to monster crystals is this.

Use the first pull of each step (you can do additional pills later for lower grade), for the acidic water extraction do it for 24-48 hours at room temperature with occasional agitation, for the naphtha pull don’t use too much heat (this takes practice) or agitation.

Wash the naptha with a 5% bicarbonate solution that has also been pre-heated to avoid cooling the naphtha solution and prematurely precipitating the DMT.

Then recrystallize as normal. Once your pour off the naphtha if you notice some yellow globules try to manually separate them at this point via spatula/toothpick/whatever.

Scrape out the DMT and air dry. Now get some fresh naptha heating up, once warm maintain its warmth while you drip this onto your DMT. The actual DMT will dissolve much quicker than the yellow oils, keep dripping in and swirling until your satisfied then quickly pour it off into a TALL AND SKINNY container.

The tall and skinny part is important, it allows for larger crystals to form over wide flat containers.

Now the next part can go one of two ways...

The easy way is to leave this container at room temperature for 4-8 hours, fridge for 4-8 hours and freezer for 6-12 hours. The slower the better.

OR if you want crystals you that’ll make your friends shit themselves..

Find a way for the temperature in the container to slowly fluctuate between warm and cold, usually a garage in colder seasons works well. Talking temperatures ranging from 50-60F day and 30-40F night. If you can’t do this, try doing room temperature during the day, and fridge at night.

For a month switch the flask from room temp to fridge, this will essentially cause lots of recrystallizations to happen each time slowly creating better more defined shards.

In the end recrystallization depends on a lot of factors and if it isn’t done right it won’t clean up much, takes some practice doing right.

Multiple re-x’s can be worth it if you want insane beauty.

Acacia can produce better crystals if the right stuff is sourced, NMT is easier to clean out than the yellow oils often found in Mimosa.

The best crystals I’ve grown either grow in long needle like globes that look like sea urchins (sometimes these crystals grow longer than an inch but break easily) or hexagonal/blocky shards.

-GC
Good shit right here... you ever notice the MH is a more hostel in your face experience and the AC more mild and confusing ? I started to love the AC after a while