• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Meds Is it a good idea to use suboxone to get off an uncontrollable kratom addiction?

Unreal that they won't stock Subutex. How hard can it be, right?

Have no clue about the spit at the end after it dissolves. Not sure if the naloxone is left in there with the drool or it's all mixed in.

I only took it a couple of times and I just stuck it in my gums, let it dissolve and swallowed the whole mess as I was only seeing if they would get me high. A friend gave me a strip and all it really did was make me feel really tired and it gave me a headache.

Sure hope that you will start feeling better soon. <3
Thank you my friend. ❤️

Me too.
Man, I am going to die if I don’t.
I am trying everything that I can and is available for me.
Which isn’t much.

I do still get my gabapentin and clonazepam and believe me, I have had to use it for the anxiety.
This is some scary stuff.

Hope you are well.
I was wondering what suboxone would do to someone who didn’t have an opiate tolerance.
If I would have known I was going to feel like shit this long, I would have just went cold Turkey.
If you have any other ideas or advise, please advise.
Love you.
P.O

People have ODed on buprenorphine alone. It's rare, I grant you, but if someone were to chase the kratom euphoria using buprenorphine, it might not end well.

I managed to take it for 7 days. Anxiety was just too much BUT it seemed to work. Haven't taken anything I wasn't prescribed since and this is some years.

Suboxone was hell to stop. 3 months after I quit I was still so sick that I would have the green apple splatters in front of the woman watching my UA. It was humiliation on top of the indignity of a person peering up your stuff.
I also was unable to feel any joy for at least two years. I still have very blunted feelings.
If you don't need Suboxone don't start it. Its much easier quitting heroin cold turkey than the Subs
I have noticed that.
My feelings are very blunted and I have never been this depressed ever.
I have never felt completely hopeless before.
I can’t stand this feeling.

I begged them to let me taper down off the morphine they prescribed me!
They wouldn’t. Said this was the only option and if I just tried to use nothing I would die!

Fuck! I need to get off this ASAP!

How long did you take suboxone for?
It has just been a few months for me.
I hope If I quit now, it won’t be as bad.

God, this is hopeless.

People have.
Thank you.

I should have just done that in the first place.
I think Loperamide would have worked better than this stuff.
I could be starting to be feeling better by now, if I just went cold Turkey.

I do not recommend suboxone to anyone for any reason. Ever.
I feel like they have given me a chemical lobotomy and broke my heart.
I feel like crying all the time now.
I’m a mess,
Gotta get this figured out.

They will not give you Subutex at the pharmacy where I live!
They claim they don’t have it. Bastards!
But yeah, I had her switch me to Subutex and it was better on my migraines.
I just cannot get it anymore.

I am telling you the medical system has gone to shit!
They are worthless.
They wouldn’t even let me get an appointment when I had my lungs full of fluid at Christmas and had pneumonia.
The girls at the desk are such bitches.
They made me wait until It was time for my Suboxone to be refilled and then made me sit in the office for 3 hours.
They took walk in’s before me.
When I finally saw the doctor, she was like holy shit and sent me to the hospital.

It is just ridiculous @Nurse Ratched
It doesn’t make any sense.

Can you spit out the liquid at the end after the suboxone dissolves and that is the naloxone?

Thank you for the help guys.
You are better than the doctors!
❤️
P.O.
Most pharmacies do not keep subutex in stock. When I got prescribed subutex my pharmacy had to order it and then they just kept just enough in stock so they would have it on my next refill date. It’s not all that uncommon. Do you live in the states?

Most pharmacies do not keep subutex in stock. When I got prescribed subutex my pharmacy had to order it and then they just kept just enough in stock so they would have it on my next refill date. It’s not all that uncommon. Do you live in the states?
I do live in the states, yes.

The pharmacist said that I could go to a compound pharmacy and get it.
I asked my doctor about it and she said No, she can ONLY prescribe suboxone now.
I get drug tested to make sure I take it!
Like, who the heck would want this stuff?? Ya know?

I will have to take it on appointment day, but I am going to try to cut WAY down and see what happens.
I want to have some on hand just in case. I don’t want all hell to break loose with my stomach and bathroom issues.
I think maybe I could switch over to Loperamide and then just taper that down quickky.

ANY and I mean ANY advise is welcome.
I am at the end of my rope and I am afraid of how depressed I am.
The Way things are now, I am afraid it could drive me to suicide.

i am seriously considering just checking myself into the hospital, that is how depressed I am.
I don’t know what they could do for me though.
I have had bad reactions to antidepressants, pretty much all medications except a handful have terrible effects on me.

Last edited:
I do live in the states, yes.

The pharmacist said that I could go to a compound pharmacy and get it.
I asked my doctor about it and she said No, she can ONLY prescribe suboxone now.
I get drug tested to make sure I take it!
Like, who the heck would want this stuff?? Ya know?

I will have to take it on appointment day, but I am going to try to cut WAY down and see what happens.
I want to have some on hand just in case. I don’t want all hell to break loose with my stomach and bathroom issues.
I think maybe I could switch over to Loperamide and then just taper that down quickky.

ANY and I mean ANY advise is welcome.
I am at the end of my rope and I am afraid of how depressed I am.
The Way things are now, I am afraid it could drive me to suicide

I am really sorry you are experiencing this. Maybe try breaking up your dose into smaller doses and only take it when you absolutely have to say if your symptoms get to be too much?

I can’t really suggest what I’d recommend in this forum. I will say I agree with one of the other posters.

Suboxone just doesn’t agree with some people and especially if the dose is too high. My understanding is that it can cause dopamine blockade as well which can really affect your mental health but I’m not a doctor so what do I know really?

I was on subs for 5 years and I wish i had gotten off way sooner. I just don’t think it should be pushed to be used indefinitely and I know that doesn’t apply to you since you only been on it for 5 months right?

I love in the states too btw and I was using CVS pharmacy so idk maybe they changed the policy on subutex.

Maybe you are tapering it wrong? How are you tapering? Can you tell your doctor you want to taper down and then maybe try a much lower dose say no higher than 4 mg at once if taking sublingually?

I assume you take 8mg three times a day? I was up that high before when I started but then went down to 16 then 8 and then 4 and then I quit. But that’s just my experience for my body.

Yeah the only thing I can recommend is talking to your doctor and explaining your symptoms and concerns. If they don’t help them can you get a new doctor? Sub clinics are everywhere where I live. I mean like every corner.

Well, I’m going to get off here for now because dinner is ready but I do want to say as someone who has struggled with suicidal thoughts very deeply I’m the past please remember that you are not alone and that this will get better eventually. You will get thru this tho it may not feel like it at the time.

Do you live in a state that has medical marijuana? My sub clinic even wrote letters of recommendation for medical cards and definitely supported it. Idk how you feel about that or what your experience with it is but that may be helpful but only if it’s prescribed.

Ill check back in here in a bit and I am sorry I don’t have the answers for you that you are probably looking for. Like I said before what I really think would help I can’t say on this forum but it’s also not illegal.

I personally think suboxone is overall a shit drug that should only be used for a very short time, like a week or two. After that it becomes basically useless as you get little to no high out of it but you’re totally dependent on it. Kratom actually gives me a nice little high and stimulating effect. But it also depends on your dosage, if you’re taking massive doses of kratom every day then switching to suboxone for a few weeks might be good. Then you can switch back to kratom. Just be careful to do the least amount necessary to get you feeling right. And then never go above that. Just get used to the feeling waning. And you can use something else to buff the kratom. Caffeine, adderall, weed etc. suboxone just does nothing for me anymore just not worth it whatsoever

I personally think suboxone is overall a shit drug that should only be used for a very short time, like a week or two. After that it becomes basically useless as you get little to no high out of it but you’re totally dependent on it. Kratom actually gives me a nice little high and stimulating effect. But it also depends on your dosage, if you’re taking massive doses of kratom every day then switching to suboxone for a few weeks might be good. Then you can switch back to kratom. Just be careful to do the least amount necessary to get you feeling right. And then never go above that. Just get used to the feeling waning. And you can use something else to buff the kratom. Caffeine, adderall, weed etc. suboxone just does nothing for me anymore just not worth it whatsoever
Yeah subs are being pushed to be a lifelong sentence for some people. And it’s bs.

And those crazy high doses their giving the girl on this forum is ridiculous too. 🤦‍♂️

No one needs that high of a dose subs are very potent. And now they’re causing her really bad side effects.

I was on subs for 5 years and they weren’t doing anything after like the first few months but I listened to the “experts “. Until I learned about the hormone issues and other issues long term use can cause.

I too think kratom is much better and easier to come off of as well.

Yeah subs are being pushed to be a lifelong sentence for some people. And it’s bs.

And those crazy high doses their giving the girl on this forum is ridiculous too. 🤦‍♂️

No one needs that high of a dose subs are very potent. And now they’re causing her really bad side effects.

I was on subs for 5 years and they weren’t doing anything after like the first few months but I listened to the “experts “. Until I learned about the hormone issues and other issues long term use can cause.

I too think kratom is much better and easier to come off of as well.
Yeah it’s insane docs putting people on subs for 6 months, years etc. I guess it’s supposed to combat the depression, but idk I don’t really think there’s any drug that does that. You either quit and find something else to live for. And your brain will adjust. Or you continue doing drugs. And if imma continue doing drugs then i want to get high, not just pretend

But I definitely see the usefulness in subs just to keep you from severe withdrawals especially coming off fentanyl. Just not as a substitute for daily drug use

Thank you so much everyone for the replies.
I send my love and gratitude.
🙏

I will try to answer everyone’s questions at the same time.
I definitely have had to use cannabis.
I wouldn’t be able to hold any food down
It helps with my movement disorder, makes my movement more fluid.
it relieves anxiety, hot cold flashes, stomach issues, depression issues, it does help as a preventative for migraines as well as a pain control medication, helps me sleep good. I am sure I am missing some things too.

One of you said something interesting that I have been thinking also.
Suboxone blocks dopamine. That is how it feels and I have described it as a loss of dopamine with the subs issue, as well as my other health problem. It is a loss of dopamine. Morphine helped because it is dopamine.
The condition I have, is most likely Parkinson’s disease but it is a worse form.
At least you don’t shake like poor RIP Michael J. Fox.
Because you are paralyzed.
It makes you look young because all the muscles in your face and stuff are paralyzed.
It is like being Snake Venom Poisoned.
Just WAY more slowly and it is excruciating. Very painful. My name is Painful One on here. 😔

I believe that I can heal my own body.
I have to detox the poison out though.
But, after that, I will feel much better I think.

The sub’s are useful to keep on hand for emergencies.
I’m going to try and get off them as fast as I can.
They are not agreeing with me.
I have never felt this depressed.

I will pick up some good Red Vein Kratom also.
I don’t like it much, but it might feel like Heaven compared to this..
I have already started on the detox.
Got some gummies and a few comfort meds,

I have heard of the method that I think You are thinking of my friend @Juicewrldfan
Starts with an M.
I read the report he wrote about it.
I am very sensitive to medications.
There are only a handful I can take and I know what they are.
We know our own bodies best.

I don‘t mind the cannabis,
I have to use something. I have issues. Things I have to keep control over.
Things that cripple me.Things that have suffered me unto The Lord.

Everyone’s body is different.
I will just go as fast as I am able.
I want off these.
Hopefully, the major morphine withdrawal has passed now.
I feel like that is the case, but sounds like these subs might be worse!
They prescribe us poison , then when we go for help, they prescribe us more poison to counteract the poison they gave us.
Bastards!

I will keel you updated.
I feel like I have something to work towards now and it is going to be a lot better!
I will keep you updated.
I do Not want to be a slave to Big Pharma either.
I don’t have to worry about relapsing onto anything.
There is no way I would use anything From the street, street.I don’t have the money, don’t know anyone. Just wouldn’t go to the effort,
You know what I mean?

Hope you all are doing well.
Thank you to the O.P of this thread.
We are all ONE guys.
Just keep going and keep trying.
Prayers, Peace, Love, and Joy to you all, and me!
👍❤️

Last edited:
Thank you so much everyone for the replies.
I send my love and gratitude.
🙏

I will try to answer everyone’s questions at the same time.
I definitely have had to use cannabis.
I wouldn’t be able to hold any food down
It helps with my movement disorder, makes my movie more fluid.
it relieves anxiety, hot cold flashes, stomach issues, depression issues, it does help as a preventative for migraines as well as a pain control medication, helps me sleep good. I am sure I am missing some things too.

One of you said something interesting that I have been thinking also.
Suboxone blocks
o dopamine.
The condition I have, is most likely Parkinson’s disease but it is a worse form.
At least you don’t shake like poor RIP Michael J. Fox.
Because you are paralyzed.
It makes you look young because all the muscles in your face and stuff are paralyzed.
It is like being Snake Venom Poisoned.
Just WAY more slowly and it is excruciating. Very painful. My name is Painful One on here. 😔

I believe that I can heal my own body.
I have to detox the poison out though.
But, after that, I will feel much better I think.

I think they are useful to keep on hand for emergencies.
I’m going to try and get off them as fast as I can.
They are not agreeing with me.
I have never felt this depressed.

I will pick up some good Red Vein Kratom also.
I don’t like it much, but it might feel like Heaven compared to this..
I have already started on the detox.
Got some gummies and a few comfort meds,

I have heard of the method that I think you are think of my friend @Juicewrldfan
Starts with an M.
I read the report he wrote about it.
I am very sensitive to medications.
There are only a handful I can take and I know what they are.
We know our own bodies best.

I don‘t mind the cannabis,
I have to use something. I have issues. Things I have to keep control over.
Things that cripple me.Things that have suffered me unto The Lord.

Everyone’s body is different.
I will just go as fast as I am able.
I want off these.
Hopefully, the major morphine withdrawal has passed now.
I feel like that is the case, but sounds like these subs might be worse!
They prescribe us poison when we go for help and then they prescribe us more poison to counteract the poison they gave us.
Bastards!

I will keel you updated.
I feel like I have something to work towards now and it is going to be a lot better!
I will keep you updated.
I do Not want to be a slave to Big Pharma either.
I don’t have to worry about relapsing onto anything.
There is no way I would use anything From the street, street.
You know what I mean.

Hope you all are doing well.
Thank you to the O.P of this thread.
We are all ONE guys.
Just keep going and keep trying.
Prayers, Peace, Love, and Joy to you all, and me!
👍❤️
I’m rooting for you amiga
I deal with a lot of pain too, you have my empathy for sure
Gentle hug 💜

I’m rooting for you amiga
I deal with a lot of pain too, you have my empathy for sure
Gentle hug 💜
Thank you Love.

I am rooting for you right back!

How are you dealing with it?
if you don’t mine my asking.

Yeah, it is amazing and horrifying to find out how bad pain can get.
I am so sorry.
Gentle hug back.
💜

Last edited:
Thank you Love.

I am rooting for you right back!

How are you dealing with is?
if you don’t mine my asking,

Yeah, it is amazing and horrifying to find out how bad pain can get.
I am so sorry.
Gentle hug back.
💜
Thank you for asking. I have a hard time with it all, a lot of my injury stuff are from when my ex tried to murder me so it kinda ties in with ptsd .. and then other symptoms they don’t know why I have so they say fibromyalgia but it all gets so confusing. They will only prescribe me low dose tramadol so I rotate that & kratom.

But sometimes I get so confused with doctors, & they are trying to referr me to other ones & I’m never sure if I’m doing the rite thing. Sorry I’m probably being confusing but it’s all so confusing to me. It’s hard when they refer you to a doctor & have to wait so long to see them & then when you finally see them it’s like in & out & so quick (sometimes I feel like they get overwhelmed or don’t want to deal with pain patients or something) … I’m still waiting to see a new doctor but … I don’t know kinda scared. It can all be so overwhelming

I’m trying to be positive or have hope but sometimes it’s hard. Wish I could have a magic cure or magic wand and make it all go away or better.

But I’m still trying really hard to have hope & not give up
I’m keeping hope for you too
lol I hope I didn’t ramble too much I’m a little foggy tonight
Big hugs 💜 🌺🌻 💕

I’m honestly trying to use kratom to get off the suboxone, I had a stint of 6-8 months where I only used kratom and I seemed to function normally. But the subs make me feel like garbage ttp I just keep relapsing. I don’t know if I should try to get stable on a low dose of sub and stay there, or just try to get back on kratom. I just got promoted and I need to get off my doc and stable on something else like NOW, before I start my new job next week.

I’m honestly trying to use kratom to get off the suboxone, I had a stint of 6-8 months where I only used kratom and I seemed to function normally. But the subs make me feel like garbage ttp I just keep relapsing. I don’t know if I should try to get stable on a low dose of sub and stay there, or just try to get back on kratom. I just got promoted and I need to get off my doc and stable on something else like NOW, before I start my new job next week.
Personally, my vote is kratom. For ppl like me it’s manageable, inexpensive, and effective. I can function in it too. I don’t get crazy high with it just more like a mild mood uplift and energy boost. That’s all it dies for me really but I like it’s effects. It helps me stay sober from hard drugs.

And I’m just not a fan of subs. They have their uses but I don’t like being tied to mandatory appointments and being used as a cash pig. Unnecessary excessive urine tests, inexperienced 10 minute CDCA therapy conversations and all that crap that they just use to comply but also to bump up their money. I was seeing my dr for 5 years and even towards the end I was getting drug screened every weekly appointment and my insurance wouldn’t pay for it because it was excess testing. They are not required to test every appointment. Just do it for the money as I was clean for a long time.