• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is heroin safer than cigarettes? (If done right)

Hugs For Drugs

Bluelighter
I don't smoke anymore or don't plan on stepping into that dimension

But I remember someone saying this on the internet

Is this true??

Also do cigarettes really keep your body warm at cold times? Or is that a myth?

I also don't do any heroin, these are just questions I had lol

Yeah, technically doing heroin causes ;less damage than smoking cigarettes. Someone could be addicted to heroin their whole lives and other than a crippling addiction, if they always got pure stuff and knew what they were taking, and practiced safe ingestion methods, it wouldn't cause them nearly as much damage as cigarettes over time.

But you don't risk overdose from cigarettes. And you don't risk ODing on fentanyl or accidentally die from cigarettes that are much more pure than you're used to.

So in practice, no it's definitely not safer.

Smoking heroin must be pretty damaging although I haven't tried it myself

Heroin is far less toxic than smoked tobacco, at least theoretically.

In practice it doesn't always work out like that though 🤔

Yeah the tar in cigarettes is carcinogenic (cancer causing) so in theory cigarettes can cause way more damage than using pure Heroin over time.

Lol.. "if done right" then yeah, sure, probably.

There's just one problem...

You're never gonna do it right, if you think you are 99.99% you're kidding yourself.

And hep c, hiv, fentanyl, regular good old h OD, all big killers. Sure again, "if done right" none of those need be the case. But again, it's not gonna be done right. In practice it's just not gonna happen.

Not unless you're one of those rare few on some kind of monitored heroin substitution program, and you're not gonna get one one of those unless you've already gone through a lot of the big risks anyway.

Long term effects, smoking tobacco is much worse. Comparing the drugs themselves, tobacco is worse, but the lifestyle is a big factor.

When you factor in risk of overdose, IV complications, etc, heroin is much, much more dangerous. Cigarettes arent taking out swathes of 20-30 year old people.

Yea, honestly.. This whole question is junkie logic fodder. It's one of those justifications we tell ourselves as part of our whole fucked up junkie mindset.

And like the best of these kinds of justifications... It's technically true, except for all the ways which count.

I mean no offense to anyone saying that it's just I can totally see this as something I'd have said once to argue why my heroin habit isn't that bad.

Morphine tablets taken orally is probably safer than Tylenol. Morphine is a natural product extract from opium poppy. Maybe you can get back to heroin pills 💊 not anytime soon tho. I don’t believe iv to be ideal or smart in practice tho.

I’m talking like 15mg of morphine to swallow when you get back pain.

Yeah I'm prescribed 120mg of Oxycodone IR a day and I asked my doctor will there be any health concerns taking Oxycodone long-term and he said No its completely safe.

Yeah completely safe aside from the fact you’ll stick a gun in a pharmacists face if they refuse your script or rob a bank to score some more.

In practice heroin is “safe” if you have millions of dollars and a poppy farmer in Iraq. Besides that it’s not safe

That would be super neato if people could do that responsibility like popping an ibuprofen or Tylenol for occasional aches and pains. I agree with @JessFR, this is all fodder to justify how much ‘safer’ narcotics are in comparison. It’s delusional thinking. Heroin and nicotine are the most addictive substances known to man. Let’s not fool ourselves.
As I get older I start to get aches and pains that cannabis won’t touch. Yeah like if u could get a 1or2 pill fill. A @jhjhsdi full release masssge is expensive. Morphine is dirt cheap.

From what I know about cigarettes : YOU SHOULDN'T SMOKE IT IS VERY BAD FOR YOU AND DOES DO SERIOUS DAMAGE LONG TERM.
Heroin is made from natural opium poppies and with precautions can be helpful if not taken excessively but with responsibility instead. The pure and natural opium is just miraculous in my biased and mho.
It is just my perspective, however.

Also, cigarettes affect ones' ability to be athletic and have endurance. If that is what you choose.