• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is Cannabis Truly a Psychedelic?

Don't all Gq coupled receptors activate PLC and therefore 2-AG then?

If it's true that they all do that then yes, I would imagine so. Endocannabinoids are very common second messengers and the CB1 receptor is literally the most common G protein-coupled receptor in the brain (at least according to old references I'm aware of). I'm sure that's related to why cannabis is so versatile.

It's snot

Not with that attitude.

Yeah it's a psychedelic. I think some people just don't experience psychedelic effects from it or have too high of a tolerance.
And I mean, people have had experiences on edibles that rival some of their strongest psychedelic experiences. I know quite a few people who've done shrooms a lot but say edibles have tripped them out way harder.

In general I experience psychedelic effects from weed, oil, edibles etc. Edibles for me are more of an intoxicant to where I get extremely sedated and have trouble walking straight, but I've definitely had noticeable visuals from high doses of them. Just regular strong weed can give me mild visuals though like text wobbling or intense closed eye visuals.

I've always been a lightweight, though edibles I can handle better than most people I know. I used to eat 400mg and feel nothing, then I took a 6 month tolerance break and ever since then, even if I smoke or use oil regularly, edibles still get me high around 20mg, extremely high by 50mg. I know a dude who got the most fucked up he's ever been off THC from 5mg, everyone's different. But that is definitely not a usual case. Either way 11-hydroxy-THC is known for behaving like a straight up psychedelic for many people.

There's zero doubt that it's an entheogen regardless though. Have had many profound insights while baked, written some of my best music/poetry. Only part that sucks is if I get to the point where I come up with something great and forget 2 seconds later. ADHD and getting really baked is a great way to forget everything every 5 seconds.

Regardless I still would classify weed as psychedelic and again some people might not feel that kind of effect from it, which is unfortunate. Whether tolerance related or because they simply don't. I've done a lot of psychedelics but mostly shrooms and especially DMT which I've done like 200 times in the past year and a half. It always seems to bring back some effects of DMT well after a trip has ended up I get baked. The after effects of DMT last a lot longer for me than I think is normal though, so it could just be stacking on top of that, but I've waited till I felt nothing anymore and still felt it gave me visuals. Just getting way too stoned will anyway.

Oh and there's also the fact that if you're on acid or shrooms, it will intensify the living shit out of the trip.

Last edited:
Marijuana is a weird psych... is it a psych?

LSD, mescaline, psilocin, DMT, 5-meo-DMT - they all fit together, for me.
They are all part of the same family.

Marijuana makes me hallucinate geometric patterns like the other psychedelics, but it clouds me whereas the other psychedelics provide clarity.

Today, I've had 4 tabs of LSD (620mcg), five full-strength beers, and I am eating my way through about 10 inches of a San Pedro cutting.

I am perfectly clear.

I want to have marijuana. It has been my staple for a long time... but I know - if I have it - it will take me backwards.

Does it take anyone forwards, spiritually?
Or is it more like alcohol and heroin?

Even alcohol doesn't cloud me like large doses of THC... Is this because I have abused it for so long?

I'm almost ready to say goodbye to marijuana.

Ultimately, I don't think it makes me happy.

I suspect it makes me unhappy.

The drug isn't the problem, I don't think... but maybe it is.

I've already had more weed in my life than most people will ever consume.

What is the definition of psychedelic drugs?

I did some reading briefly earlier in the week and it seems like the main prerequisite for psychedelics is particular 5HT receptors?

It's my (limited) understanding that marijuana is more associated with cannabinoid receptors?
Marijuana does this weird thing where everything becomes different if you’re on it. Marijuana smoking didn’t even really go on much till 2007.

Marijuana only clouds us because we’re stuck in a city or system of sidewalks, fences, walls, free ways, and traffic lights and registering vehicles. It makes you not want to go anywhere, you have to navigate all through it. You have to have money to buy stuff when traveling even near by to a friends house, you have to bring stuff with you instead of natural outdoor carb sources. It wasn’t as great if you weren’t doing the buying stuff method and you will eventually enjoy being alone. City life wasn’t bad for living alone but it becomes impossible, if you don’t dome fake family that kidnapped you then they try and pack people into houses and places and none of them do anything or paid rent, it was like everyone became disabled and was there for one reason. And that’s why drugs weren’t really sold anymore or it became where they all needed video games streaming food and drugs and then festivals to go to. But oh well. It’s like certain people just appeared there one day.

Everything automobiles related was a complete waste of money if you didn’t want to drive all over the place. People treat you different when you smoke pot or things seem different if you high on it. It could just be that marijuana decreases sex drive, increases appetite, and there could be yeast or another infection in your system that you’re not noticing. Sometimes the parasites will just leave you all alone if you use marijuana or certain drugs. It may be a bad idea to quit using things unless it affects you badly.

Make sure it’s Ruderalis weed you’re smoking or it might not be the same. But marijuana can lead to antisocial or paranoid behavior as well.

Maybe being single is a good thing. But it became where we didn’t live in a city or world where single people exist living on their own. I knew we weren’t supposed to stay in the same place that long or life starts to suck. Now traveling or mobile homes seems hard when that’s all that went on originally.

Marijuana withdrawals suck and last two weeks to a month and then you will still want to get high or you’ll be more active. Cooking while stoned didn’t really go on. Sometimes we starved ourselves to use or buy pot, to stay higher, or in order to visit with people. And yeast was in cheese and anorexia exists with socializing.

Marijuana will hold you wherever you are. It becomes where nothing really matters, alcohol can be like this to or tobacco. Addiction of any kind can cause this but quitting marijuana got my mind clear but I started noticing or realizing other stuff about parasites and diseases, and the truth and had no clue what was going to take place in the near or later future.

Pure THC or having a low tolerance was like hallucinating but it could be laced with PCP. In the dark it was more different being super high. And at original doses or tolerance levels it is like impossible to do anything while stoned. Alcohol and other drugs were less of mind thing.

I still like weed I just know we will end up living the same way we already did. No one wants to move as into a new area while using marijuana.

Maybe less trees and foliage made us not like it as much.

Still haven’t got to smoking pot alone inside and watching cartoons or playing games without someone trying to take me over or something, this is why I just knew to stay working and just like certain things and food. And if anything I just move to another place with a large house and pool, that’s all marijuana was really preventing. We didn’t actually need weed to be happy and we will still desire using other drugs like LSD. It was normal to have a larger house and do some farming or using vehicles like atv and bring more active. Running was a good thing. They just don’t want us to use drugs but then as all we really cared about was fast food or certain junk food. It also became where none of this stuff we buy was going to get used. Maybe everyone else is stoned now that it’s legal.