• 🇺🇸󠁿 🇧🇷 🇨🇦 🇦🇷 🇲🇽 🇹🇹 🇨🇺
    The Americas
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • NSADD Moderators: deficiT | Jen

Is canada's border protected?

You do know that about half the U.S. states still sell codeine otc in cough medicine, right?

The topic was about a trivial amount. Ground sensors, cameras, checkpoints or whatever else is used to monitor suspicious activity, for instance being on Canada for a short period of time. If going there on vacation, and having no weird activity there would be no cause, warrant or need for a vehicle to be searched. Also about the whole amount thing..there is no "legal" amount. Codeine in any form, any salt or any method of having it without a prescription is against the controlled substances act. It would be more or less about intent. Thry can tell whether you intended on transporting them across the border or not.

Well like some are saying it's possible that you can legally take some codeine home. I know when I've gone to Montreal they did random searches of cars and that was pre 9/11 so I assume things are harder now. The choice is yours man and no one here can or will give you any tips for fooling LE. This has turned into a pretty decent discussion but, if all you're looking for is the laws regarding what you can and can't bring back then I'd probably just try Google.

Here's a link basically saying that if you don't have a script and it's not an illegal narcotic (weed, heroin etc.) then you can bring 50 units. Whatever the fuck that means is up to you mang.

Here's another link that tells ya about other shit.

Before 9/11 you could drive your boat right up to the Canadian shore. This was in the Detroit river and St. Clair river. As long as you didn't get out of your boat or were fishing then no one bothered you. But now there is all sorts of border patrol boats cruising the rivers.

The St Lawrence River makes up a large portion of the border, which means that there isn't much land crossing (in NY). Lake Ontario in western NY turns into the St. Lawrence, and together they make up about 8/10 of the border. I have friends that live 10 miles from the border, and I asked them about running across at a random area, and they said the stuff about heat monitoring.

I don't know about other states though.

This is the first I've heard of heat monitoring on the border. I've got a few friends who live right near it and they've told me they've crossed into canada on atv's no probem several times in the boonies lol

This is the first I've heard of heat monitoring on the border. I've got a few friends who live right near it and they've told me they've crossed into canada on atv's no probem several times in the boonies lol

My friend from Massena told me that. I think they just have the sensors in the ground. The website I linked a few posts ago says the heat monitoring is supposed to begin in the spring.

You do know that about half the U.S. states still sell codeine otc in cough medicine, right?
@ muvolution I'm not quite sure where you have gotten that information, but I think you are misinformed ( codeine is on the National controlled substances act) . I could be wrong, because there is always something cool to learn. Where have you gotten this information? Is there threads on this topic?; and is there any documentation of states/select areas that do sell codeine OTC? Im 99% sure that i would have known about this but let's discuss it muvolution.

if you consider mounties on horse back weilding dual hockey sticks, than yes it is protected.

@ muvolution I'm not quite sure where you have gotten that information, but I think you are misinformed ( codeine is on the National controlled substances act) . I could be wrong, because there is always something cool to learn. Where have you gotten this information? Is there threads on this topic?; and is there any documentation of states/select areas that do sell codeine OTC? Im 99% sure that i would have known about this but let's discuss it muvolution.

There are a few states in which it is legal to sell OTC codeine cough syryp (robitussin AC and Cheratussin etc.). I didn't know that either but, what I did was crazy, check it out
NSFW:
GOOGLE MANG!

...Also about the whole amount thing..there is no "legal" amount. Codeine in any form, any salt or any method of having it without a prescription is against the controlled substances act. It would be more or less about intent. Thry can tell whether you intended on transporting them across the border or not.
You are mistaken in both regards OP. It is wise to have the facts presented vetted to ensure your own safety, but it is foolish to have such faith in your own beliefs that you are 99% an experienced staff member of our site is wrong because you have not heard of what he says before and to spread misinformation regarding the US Department of Homeland and Security's US Customs and Border Protection. A quick search, likely even of just BL, would indeed make this apparent as well.

Some preparations of codeine are schedule 5 in the states. Depending on local and state laws some schedule 5 drugs are exempt narcotics and they can be sold OTC at the discretion of the pharmacist with a bunch of rules on collection of information and circumstances again depending on the laws in the area and store policy. Similarly the AC&C preparation is not considered a prohibited narcotic by the border cops and 50 units are allowed to be imported per person at a land crossing. Just as with a 1.14L or whatever limit on hard liquor you can generally get away with 2 26s, so too do most let you take a bottle or two of pills.

The border between the US and Canada is def watched and border patrol has drones and eyes and ears all over. I know smugglers use everything from kayaks to helicoptors to bring in herb and E pills in from canada, also backpackers loaded down with drugs have been caught too. There is tons of wooded land on the border and not even a fence for most of it but its still watched, you can count on that.

I'm sure with medical marijuana being legalized in many states there probabally isn't much weed being smuggled. But I'm sure they are bringing other things in.

You are mistaken in both regards OP. It is wise to have the facts presented vetted to ensure your own safety, but it is foolish to have such faith in your own beliefs that you are 99% an experienced staff member of our site is wrong because you have not heard of what he says before and to spread misinformation regarding the US Department of Homeland and Security's US Customs and Border Protection. A quick search, likely even of just BL, would indeed make this apparent as well.

Some preparations of codeine are schedule 5 in the states. Depending on local and state laws some schedule 5 drugs are exempt narcotics and they can be sold OTC at the discretion of the pharmacist with a bunch of rules on collection of information and circumstances again depending on the laws in the area and store policy. Similarly the AC&C preparation is not considered a prohibited narcotic by the border cops and 50 units are allowed to be imported per person at a land crossing. Just as with a 1.14L or whatever limit on hard liquor you can generally get away with 2 26s, so too do most let you take a bottle or two of pills.

Agreed, I am mistaken. yet I did not claim the statement to be wrong. I expressed my knowledge with opiates as i also stated that "I could be wrong", and that "there is always something new to learn". Last I checked, being analytically adamant about ones own knowledge was ok, I think all could agree...

Canadas border is definitely protected, but not by much.

I took a train from Baltimore to Montreal this past June, and the border crossing was the easiest ive ever experienced. No search, no real questions other than "where are you going, do you know anyone in Montreal" and that was about it.

I was nodding hard the entire time and still didnt have any issues with customs.

When heading back into the US I went via plane, and with Canada ---> US flights (in major airports at least) they have a sectioned off part of the airport which is technically part of the US as you go through customs and get "checked back into the country" before you leave Canadian soil.

Its rather neat!

Lets not turn this into a smuggling thread, or a thread with regards about how to break the law. If it turns into that, I will shut it down and issue infractions. Play nice guys.

In So. New England Rt 91 has long been known for it's direct route into Canada. Head north along Interstate Rt 91N straight from NYC, thru CT & VT and into Canada, right into Montreal. This route I've heard was an area where things were brought north into Canada from NYC. I suppose 91S was the same but I never heard of any illegal activity happening.
Anyway, travelling 91 N from 3 states away (starting in NY-thru CT- thru VT ) & then meeting the Canadian boarder patrol on the Canadian/Vermont boarder, you could possibly expect to be pulled into their "station" & questioned about your plans in Canada or maybe be questioned while you watch you vehicle be torn to shreds. I don't know, I suppose that could happen. I'm sure they have their reasons to want to know who is crossing their boarders & why. Bottom line, it is not a good idea to head to Canada via any manner of transport with anything that is not legal, real or imagined. This is my opinion of the interstate I described. There are back roads, logging roads or other routes which I'd assume aren't as heavily guarded & may be fun, say on ski-mobile or 4 wheeling. Then you may not spend an hour or two waiting at the check-point at interstate 91 to get thru and it would be a blast, in the beautiful wilderness, yeah nice. However I have no clue if it would be legal to cross the boarder in any way that is not a legal check point, so bottom line..go the main route and be good. Bumma huh?