• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Is Burning Man worth it?

Isnt there a burning man in the coming years which starts something like 7 or 8 days after a total solar eclipse..??
Definitely gotta make it over for that one. Burning man isn't even crucial right now. the eclipse <3 <3 all i want.

definitely recommend going
i went in 2008, 2010 and 2011 and each experience was unique
at the moment i have absolutely no desire to go back but i probably will at some point. it can be uncomfortable - in fact it WILL be, at times, so be prepared.
make sure you go with the right people - this should be the number one thing on your list of priorities. obviously water and sunscreen etc are also requirements :)
did the RV thing twice and slept in a tent once, the tent thing was ROUGH and i struggled a bit during the week cos of it but managed to get through it somehow

next time id definitely be getting an RV or something, fuck trying to get some sleep in a tent during the day! way too hot

next time id definitely be getting an RV or something, fuck trying to get some sleep in a tent during the day! way too hot

Im reminded of BOOM 2012 in the Portuguese summer.. between 1pm and 6pm you could barley even move, it was a health hazard to try and sleep inside a tent

Isn't the price all about covering the costs of renting the actual physical area where BM is held? If that's the case, then it seems pretty obvious that getting value out of it is dependent on putting an effort into making good use of the space. Looking at it from that perspective, it seems like you could potentially get a lot of value out of BM if you go with something you've made and can trade that for interesting things that other people have made. That is, if I'm understanding the whole thing correctly, which is hard to tell by the abstract responses from people who've been :\

For those just interested in any kind of transcendental experience, the Nuit Blanche art festivals held in many cities do a great job of that, they're free of charge and don't require you to take a vacation from your life either.