• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Is belief in god inexorably linked with belief in the afterlife?

Energy isnt created or destroyed, just transferred.

I figure maybe our soul/conciousness gets recycled and spit out in another dimension or universe with no knowledge of where its been or what it even is.

??

Their myths are based on Sumerian and Egyptian myths.

Read the Book of the Dead and see where the ten commandments originated.

Regards
DL
I won’t argue there, myths are the same in a lot of cultures. But Jews were the first to believe in a single capital G God.

Jews for Jesus are not Jews. They are Christians.

Christians have usurped the Jewish god. They are Judaism 2.0.

But hey, if you want to take the Jews out of Jews for Jesus, go ahead. Take the Jew out of Jesus as well.

People who tell me to take the Christian out of Gnostic Christians are of your same ilk.

Regards
DL

I won’t argue there, myths are the same in a lot of cultures. But Jews were the first to believe in a single capital G God.

I see why you will not argue. You lack knowledge of the older and mostly wiser gods. You forget that androgynous gods like Yahweh represent both male and female principles and are no a capital G God.

If you are a man, then you should be seeing the famine principle as a Goddess and not the male principle as a God.

As a man, I put women and children above me. Do you put yourself ahead or above women and children?

Regards
DL

Masculine and feminine are human attributes. God is not a girl or a boy or androgynous. God is beyond all that. To say otherwise is to put human type limits on him, which is contradictory.

Masculine and feminine are human attributes. God is not a girl or a boy or androgynous. God is beyond all that. To say otherwise is to put human type limits on him, which is contradictory.

I was giving the history of mythical gods. Not reality.

Sure gods are beyond that. They are beyond belief and the only gods and goddesses we can ever know are constructs we have in our own minds.

Regards
DL