• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Is anyone else feeling it?

i know what apophenia is and I know what delusion is as well, this isn't that, i keep tabs on that. idk why everyone assumes im so beneath them all the time and feels the need to patronize me. after a while, the connections become too many to ignore.

Not sure why you think I was trying to patronize you. I asked a genuine question as I didn't see the pyramid, and then reminded you (and other readers) of our tendency to see pattern where there may not be any. If you're aware of that, great. Few actually remember that.

I'm more skeptical in regards to aliens, purely out of physical limitations. I don't doubt that we aren't the only life that has existed in our universe, but the likelihood of other intelligent life co-occuring in this very short time period (let's face it, 10k years in a 10b year old universe is a short time period), and them having the means of travel to get here, and stay here... rather low in my opinion.

Last edited:
Spiritual beings? No comment there.

Says the moderator of the Spirituality board. :)

But to be honest, I don't see much sense in having moderators for a spirituality board who either don't believe in a spiritual side of life or don't think it matters. At least there should be a 50% open attitude towards it, but you can hardly say we even have that.

Must get pretty frustrating for the sincerely interested readers coming to the board.

Last edited:
It takes all kinds, it takes all sides. I'm sure there are forums out there where everyone talks about all this stuff and everyone agrees. That's not how it is here. You get agreement and you get rebuttal. I'm a moderator here, and I consider myself to be a very spiritual person. I just find the average new age-style stuff certain people post to be a bunch of grasping at straws at best, and ego-stroking at worst. You don't have to believe in angels and pyramids on Ceres and lightworkers and blah blah blah to be a spiritual person, and to suggest so is insulting.

You believe what you want, but don't get all high and mighty about it.

That's not really what I meant.

I meant it's not a very positive atmosphere as a whole and difficult to share ideas and knowledge. So much of the time is spent on arguing, ridicule, or taking cheap shots just for the sake of it. It can be frustrating when you want to talk about something in a serious way.

I think both sides have recognized this as a problem.

P&S is moving away from that.

It just gets old with posters like Cosmic Giraffe who seem to post only to start an argument or find something to pick on or make a joke out of. It's so disruptive to discussion, especially if you're trying to get something out that you think could be helpful to people, and not just trying to push your opinions on them or whatever.

It just gets old with posters like Cosmic Giraffe who seem to post only to start an argument or find something to pick on or make a joke out of. It's so disruptive to discussion, especially if you're trying to get something out that you think could be helpful to people, and not just trying to push your opinions on them or whatever.
when you start to make implausible claims that are easily refutable; for instance the moon being so close that clouds could get behind it - you shouldn't be surprised when you receive some sarcastic responses. also the conspiracy theories and the 'end of the world' stuff is really banal and absurd. fwiw - the picture i posted is Elizabeth Keen from the show 'The Blacklist'. Its a show that deals with a hodgepodge of conspiracy theories; a Cabal being one of them. the channelling person you posted goes by the name Montague Keen.

http://recordings.talkshoe.com/TC-130510/TS-931553.mp3

This was a fun podcast. I think these are an entertaining combination of spirituality, conspiracy, and Christianity, but I also listen to them for all the pieces of advice and exotic knowledge you can come accross. Like orgone/bio-energy pendants and hydrogen peroxide.

Last edited:
when you start to make implausible claims that are easily refutable; for instance the moon being so close that clouds could get behind it - you shouldn't be surprised when you receive some sarcastic responses. also the conspiracy theories and the 'end of the world' stuff is really banal and absurd. fwiw - the picture i posted is Elizabeth Keen from the show 'The Blacklist'. Its a show that deals with a hodgepodge of conspiracy theories; a Cabal being one of them. the channelling person you posted goes by the name Montague Keen.

Yes, but I wasn't talking about that now.

I don't post these channelings because I believe in them. Just to post updates about what is being said out there for those who might be interested. I thought people understood that.

It's not like I believe most of this stuff. You've got to use your own judgement. I just find you can find truth everywhere and personally I find it interesting when so many different sources are saying the same thing and think it can be indicative of something. Even if it's just a psy-op, but that tells you something too.

But to be honest, I don't see much sense in having moderators for a spirituality board who either don't believe in a spiritual side of life or don't think it matters. At least there should be a 50% open attitude towards it, but you can hardly say we even have that.

Must get pretty frustrating for the sincerely interested readers coming to the board.

A willingness and desire to discuss the forums topics is all that is required really. Belief never was..

I didn't say anyone has to believe anything. It just makes a spiritual board seem kind of pointless if 90% of posters aren't even open to spiritual ideas. That's all I was trying to say.

I didn't say anyone has to believe anything. It just makes a spiritual board seem kind of pointless if 90% of posters aren't even open to spiritual ideas. That's all I was trying to say.

No, you were saying something about moderators. See what I quoted.

You can't really decide in what way people are interested in the topic. Some people express their interest via questioning or skepticism. IME, the majority of posters here are interested in spirituality or they wouldn't post.

My comment was in response to jammin proposing that aliens are spiritual beings, and as such don't have to obey physical laws which would otherwise make their ventures in space much harder. IMO that's more of a non-explanation, because that automatically renders logical discussion of aliens' properties and abilities null. If they're spiritual beings, anything goes, and you can't prove it one way or another.

Also, since when is it required for a participant (or moderator) of a P&S forum to be a believer who doesn't question things? All I'm trying to do is ask questions to provoke thought. How that automatically offends "believers" is beyond me.

You can't post your ideas and expect no criticism at all. Discussions are all about two or more sides presenting their arguments based on logic, reason (and preferrably observation/experiment). If your idea of a discussion is only one side talking among themselves and agreeing with everything they say, then I think you're going to have a hard time on any open forum of ideas.

Last edited:

Some members are nihilistic to the extend, that they would even deny to be juggernaut nihilists. A widespread disease. :!

What are we feeling now? I feel nothing currently but a few days ago was feeling (and seeing and hearing) all types of weird shit. But I dont think a week binge of stimulants, a lovely mushroom + LSD trip, and no sleep for 80 to 90 hours is a suitable path for feeling "it".

As for the Vatican having a telescope... so what? I don't see how that indicates anything other than how some people there want to look through it, as do many other people. I wish I had a telescope.

Anyway perhaps that was your point. The Internet is full of outrageous claims. I could make a website that looks reasonably convincing showing my "proof" that archangel Michael spoke to me and told me about the pyramids in the core of Jupiter and how that's where Satan and his demons are hidden, and how they're planning a takeover on December 23rd, 2017, and how someone found papers in the Vatican corroborating this but the information is being stifled, and I bet you a bunch of people who are looking for that sort of thing to be true would believe it.

It was a roundabout way of saying I learned something new by clicking Jammin's link, like that the Vatican has a telescope, which according to his link, pope Benedict said: "In a press conference rebroadcasted live on FM german catholic radio station, Radio Horeb, the first pope to retire from his position in 598 years expressed his feelings of deception as “a sinister group of members of the Vatican are pushing on for the search for extra-terrestrial life” through their Lucifer 2 Large Binocular Telescope based at Vatican Observatory on Mt. Graham in Tucson, USA."

That said, I found accusations that the new pope was doing satanic pedophile rituals unsupported and not in good taste. I think that's a level of accusation that should be used carefully, but whatever, that's just me. That and some of those links I click sketch me out. They make my ads behave funny.

Anyways, I'm already convinced about aliens. Just all the actual information out there has gotten so blended together as to become meaningless at this point. Channeled messages are useless to me too just in case anyone was wondering. Any channeled information reported after the 80's I don't listen to.

What are we feeling now? I feel nothing currently but a few days ago was feeling (and seeing and hearing) all types of weird shit. But I dont think a week binge of stimulants, a lovely mushroom + LSD trip, and no sleep for 80 to 90 hours is a suitable path for feeling "it".

It is a glimpse of the feeling, that will soon overcome us all. =D

This forum shines best when people feel free to share whatever it is they are interested in or passionately believe, without fear of judgement to their personal character. Its ok to judge the ideas they express, please express your feelings about pyramids on jupiter, alien constitutions, how you consider yourself to be spiritual or not, etc, that is free speech at its best, but when those critiques cross the line into attacking a poster's personal character by calling them stupid or out-of-touch with reality then that has the potential to be harmful and may stop posters from sharing openly in the future (seriously what is reality even? No one has the full picture and if you think you do, you probably know less than the person who humbly admits their ignorance). On the same note, sometimes people do misinterpret the feedback from others, it happens, and when a commenter to your idea says that it is not true, or delusional, they may take it as a personal attack. 'You' are not defined by the ideas you occupy, whether it is a passionate belief or just a curious consideration. We are always changing and evolving those ideas and beliefs, and that evolution can be accelerated with healthy debate and reflections from others, and like I said that is when this place and the collective that creates it really shines and grows stronger.
Fwiw, I try to consider what I read here, the diversity of perspectives, skeptism and cynicism included. This place is virtuous spaces on the Internet (or real life spaces for that matter) that ban people immediately for not agreeing with the hive mind, and if you are not banned there is no real debate because everyone is agreeing with you. I will admit there is some crowding occurring right now due to the back-and-forth arguing. It doesn't seem productive, emotions are getting in the way for reasons I mentioned. A lot of people only have so much time in their day to check up on what is being posted on forums they appreciate, and they have to sift through a lot of noise to find those gems they connect with.

This forum shines best when people feel free to share .... A lot of people only have so much time in their day to check up on what is being posted on forums they appreciate, and they have to sift through a lot of noise to find those gems they connect with.

True words, when I first looked at the "talkshoe" links and 3 hour audio tracks I had hoped for something a bit more well done, or perhaps a note saying to listen in from a certain point. I managed it through two of them but really just like listening to two people chat on the phone about whatever pops into their heads. Thankfully I can listen at work but I really won't bother again, still I think post away but without a reasonable preamble to what there is of value worth my time I'd just pass on it.