View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Is 2cb meant to be so underwhelming?

MyFaceBurns

Greenlighter
On Friday, three of my friends bought approximately 200mg of 2cb -snip- No price discussion ~Jesusgreen. They divided it equally between them (so about 67mg each), and snorted it. This was their first time doing 2cb and one of their first times doing psychedelics in general. Regardless of this, it was reportedly underwhelming. They have it on good authority the stuff was of at least mediocre quality so the reason for the disappointment is not a simple case of bad drugs.

They went into this expecting hallucinations, delusions, dissocation - intense things... instead things just sort of pulsated a bit and lights looked strange. And nothing else. They said that they were feeling great so they don't regret it, just they wanted a psychedelic psychedelic, not a 'psychedelic' that's really just a less intense MDMA.

Is 2cb just not a very good psychedelic? They had done 1mg of n-bomb each previously and they said that was a lot more powerful in terms of tripping.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually it is a case of bad quality 2c-b or maybe not 2c-b at all. 67 mg orally would have most people tripping balls, snorting it would double that.
It doesn't sound like they got 2c-b.

2C-B was my first psychedelic and 18mg orally was fantastic. My visual field became a morphing crystal with growing patterns. I had mania-like racing thoughts and intense body high. My trip-pals had similar experiences with the same dose.

I never snorted it as 2Cs are infamously painful with that ROA. 67mg, really? You must have sky-high tolerance, or a fatty ass, or your 2C-B was cut, maybe because your dealer knows that you're reckless.

https://www.erowid.org/chemicals/2cb/2cb_dose.shtml

Stay safe and please don't dose that high before doing an allergy test / before testing lower doses. With 100% pure 2C-B, 67mg nasally would have sent you to a really bad place.

2C-B is a true psychedelic. Even a low dose is psychedelic. This sounds like something else really....67mg would send you to hospital with some really serious health issues.

Is it possible to snort it wrong? A way an individual could snort it but failed to get most of the drug into their system?

They weighed it and it was 200mg, they divided each line equally and weighed those too and they were each about 66.6mg, so it can't be an erroneous dosage.

Other people who have bought the same stuff from the same dealer had better experiences on lower doses, so I was thinking maybe it's largely about the environment and not the drug itself.

One of the individuals in this trio did have hallucinations, seeing shapes coming out of the ceiling for example, and kept going really deep and analysing everybody, but the other two not so much.

Apparently, they felt as though it was 2cb in everything but psychedelia; they had a body-high, it hurt like crazy snorting it, it lasted as long as 2cb does, they felt more spiritual and empathetic, their perception of time went fucked and they did have psychedelia, just for two of them it was underwhelming and even the one who had minor hallucinations said he expected much more. Is there a drug similar to 2cb in everything but how intense the psychedelic aspects are?

All of the individuals are skinny with no tolerance.

They bought 8 capsules: 2 40mgs and 6 20mgs. They broke them open, poured it out (a white powder) and divided the 200mg into 3 lines.

Last edited:
2C-B is a true psychedelic. Even a low dose is psychedelic. This sounds like something else really....67mg would send you to hospital with some really serious health issues.

I don't think that's true, actually. I certainly understand the reasoning, but I honestly don't think that a lot of 2C-x's are anywhere near as dangerous as some of their physical symptoms would make you think. Some searching around the 'net can easily find you 200+ mg doses oral, snorted, and even IV of 2C-B, 2C-I, and 2C-E, none of which still seem particularly life-threatening, except for one maybe that I think was like 275 mg IV 2C-I, or something like that.... There's even a 375 mg oral dose of 2C-B on Erowid where the worst the user reported was a bad headache, that ibuprofen mostly fixed. There are also multiple 200-250 mg trip reports there, and I think at least one 90+ mg snorted.... I'm certainly not recommending those doses to anyone, but I don't think that snorting 67 mg would really put you in any kind of physical danger, unless maybe you had a weak heart or something.

I don't think that's true, actually. I certainly understand the reasoning, but I honestly don't think that a lot of 2C-x's are anywhere near as dangerous as some of their physical symptoms would make you think. Some searching around the 'net can easily find you 200+ mg doses oral, snorted, and even IV of 2C-B, 2C-I, and 2C-E, none of which still seem particularly life-threatening, except for one maybe that I think was like 275 mg IV 2C-I, or something like that.... There's even a 375 mg oral dose of 2C-B on Erowid where the worst the user reported was a bad headache, that ibuprofen mostly fixed. There are also multiple 200-250 mg trip reports there, and I think at least one 90+ mg snorted.... I'm certainly not recommending those doses to anyone, but I don't think that snorting 67 mg would really put you in any kind of physical danger, unless maybe you had a weak heart or something.

I have to agree that while insufflating 67mg of 2c-b is kind of absurd and most likely very uncomfortable, it doesn't strike me as a particularly dangerous dose. Just stupid.

To be honest, I think a large dose, insufflated, by (evidently) 2c-b naïve people is actually really really dangerous. There's more then one way to go to hospital. I think we should be cautious in trying to partially negate the risk of snorting 67mg of an unknown drug...

FWIW, the highest I have gone with 2C-B was 50mg's orally and that was overwhelming and unpleasant but tolerable, given that I (possibly like many in these high dose TR's) had a substantial tolerance to serotonergic psychedelics.

OP are you sure it wasn't bk-2C-B?
...granted, you can't be exactly sure what it was - but I've not heard many positive reviews of bk-2C-B.
Never come across it, myself.

99% sure you meant to say Bk-2c-b.
It's not terrible. you just need an exceedingly high dose. It's vaguely reminiscent of mescaline in my opinion.
Example if you need 12mg of 2c-b to get off you need closer to 120mg if not 160mg to get off.

To be honest, I think a large dose, insufflated, by (evidently) 2c-b naïve people is actually really really dangerous. There's more then one way to go to hospital. I think we should be cautious in trying to partially negate the risk of snorting 67mg of an unknown drug...

FWIW, the highest I have gone with 2C-B was 50mg's orally and that was overwhelming and unpleasant but tolerable, given that I (possibly like many inl.p.these high dose TR's) had a substantial tolerance to serotonergic psychedelics.

I'm still inclined to disagree. I'm pretty sure that 375 mg dose was in a 2C-B naive tripper too. Unpleasant doesn't mean dangerous, and 2C-B is not an unknown drug. Again, I'm not recommending those doses to anyone, but I also won't express something I don't believe for the sake of harm reduction, and I don't believe that that's a dangerous dose.

I'm thinking it's a good chance they got Bk-2c-b. I don't know for sure, but it seems like the best explanation. Thank you all.

As for the danger associated with the dose, the LD50 is so high it's unknown, and only extreme psychedelics and/or stupendously high doses are capable of reducing you to such a state wherein you jump out of a window or run out in front of a car or something. All three knew this and felt prepared.

Yeah for bk-2c-b that sounds about right.

I was gonna say, yes there is something very wrong with your 2cb if 67 mg snorted doesn't completely annihilate you

I'm still inclined to disagree. I'm pretty sure that 375 mg dose was in a 2C-B naive tripper too. Unpleasant doesn't mean dangerous, and 2C-B is not an unknown drug. Again, I'm not recommending those doses to anyone, but I also won't express something I don't believe for the sake of harm reduction, and I don't believe that that's a dangerous dose.

I just meant the identity of the drug referred to in the OP is 'unknown'. IMO, for most people, 67mg of 2c-b is a very excessive dose. But fair call...:)

I guess the op could offer more info; bk-2c-b is till pretty psychedelic and lasts for a fair bit longer, the length being a defining trait of the compound.

I felt the same doing 2c-b for the first time. I ate something like 80mgs over the course of a night and all I had were very elongated tracers, but nothing even resembling what other people had explained to me that their experience was like, every time I ate one I had a moderate jolt in energy and thought speed, but it came off pretty quickly and then only kept slightly stronger tracers.

I just meant the identity of the drug referred to in the OP is 'unknown'. IMO, for most people, 67mg of 2c-b is a very excessive dose. But fair call...:)

Oh excessive for sure, but I could say the same thing about 5 mg of LSD and still happily guarantee that you'd come out of it physically unharmed (though maybe not mentally depending on the person lol). I actually used to know someone whose favorite dosage of 2C-B was 75 mg. He said he liked it because it made it like a very powerful LSD trip. I think he weighed like 80 lbs at most, too. I was just jealous of his supply, I only ever got to try it once at 10 mg and I was left wanting more, haha.

PiHKAL said:
(with 100 mg) I had weighed correctly. I had simply picked up the wrong vial... from the comments of a psychologist who will, without doubt, use psychedelics again in the future, as a probe into the unknown.

So, 67mg would have been an experience, but not likely a fatal one. I think it's likely they got bk-2C-B. It's typical dose level is 100mg, so that would have been two doses. They got terribly ripped off, but getting 200mg of 2C-B for <the price> should have been a tip-off in and of itself to me.

Last edited:
I snorted 20mg of 2cb and genuinely had the most horrible intense trip I've ever experienced. Couldn't imagine doing 67mg but I'd think it would feel very uncomfortable and unpleasant experience doing that high a dosage ☺