• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

IR Adderall: Digest, Insulfate or Anal Administrate? That is the Question!

When it dissolves, the dextroamphetamine saccarate d,l-amphetamine aspartate monohydrate will release saccarate and aspartate ions which will give the pill a sweet taste (not a good sweet, either). Fortunately there aren't very many molecules of saccarate or aspartate so it's not incredibly so. If they could have, and I can't see a reason why they couldn't, they could have formulated it so that they were all salts of extremely sweet sugar-derived acids. It would probably have cut down on people using the drug sublingually and might have made snorting them very uncomfortable (not sure how bad the drip is from these products, but that would probably be an important factor in whether it could work as an insufflation-preventer).

Good point! But the "sweetness", esp. in Barr's formulation, is derived mostly from the sacharin sodium and compressed sugar that is used as a filler.

With a somewhat "refined" batch, (say below) the insulfation is very similar to that of crank- similar sensation (slight stinging), smell and drip. The "rush" is comparable to low grade meth in my experience. I suspect if you had 100% purity it would be very similar.

Test results in: cold water extraction w/ a Whatman 5 Qual. paper pre-filter, then a hot water extraction of the filtrate using a Sterlitech .6um polycarbonate filter then evaped. Data below is for four 30mg CorePharma IR's (120mg)

Gross Weight

Before 1,300 1.3 .045 .0030 .040 .85 6.5 21

mg g oz lb ozt. dwt ct gn

After 300 .3 .010 .0005 .005 .15 1.0 4

So, 1180 grams of fillers was reduced to 180, assuming all of our amps were in the filtrate.

So, you think this 300mg would be better administered sublingually by letting it dissolve next to those big blue veins?

the only modern products I'm aware of being administered buccally are some types of oral tobacco

Actiq lollipops too.

ps: thanks

I'm pretty sure the sweetness in the orange Barrs comes from the lactitol; the amp formulations without lactitol are as bitter as the typical uncoated oral pharmaceutical

Actiq lollipops too.

ps: thanks

I'm pretty sure the sweetness in the orange Barrs comes from the lactitol; the amp formulations without lactitol are as bitter as the typical uncoated oral pharmaceutical

Actually, as far as I know, Barr no longer uses lactitol. It has been replaced w/ compressible sugar and sodium sacharate. Here is their current formulation from the info. leaflet that comes with the script. I have added mol. wt./H20 solubility/insoluble in data.

Barr

30mg Tablet
NDC#: 0555-0974
Imprint: b;974;3;0
Color: Peach

Inactive Ingredients:
COLLOIDAL SILICON DIOXIDE - 68/.12mg per 1ml/ethanol
COMPRESSIBLE SUGAR: 342/Very soluble/Slightly soluble in alcohol.
CORN STARCH 250,000/insoluble/??
MAGNESIUM STEARATE - 591/negligible/ether
MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE - 35000/insoluble/?
SACCHARIN SODIUM : 241.19/80g in 100g/slightly soluble in alcohol
FD & C YELLOW #6 ALUMINUM LAKE AS A COLOR ADDITIVE 452/Soluble in cold water/???. Solubility at 25°C in Distilled Water 27 oz./gallon = 28,349mg/3785ml = 7.5 mg/ml

Last edited:
Fortunately there aren't very many molecules of saccarate or aspartate

I am not so sure of that, at least in proportion to amps. Amph. sulfate - mol. wt. 286- is almost double the size of amphetamine base (153 mol. Wt.) due to the fact that its a combination of two molecules and their respective weights: amph base and sulfate (mol. wt. 133) = 286.

And in the case of amph aspartate - mol. wt. 368 - and d-amph saccharate (mol. wt. 486) we have a fairly significant % of aspartate and saccharate per amph

So, if my math off the top of my head is correct then for every 1 molecule of amph base there is appx. .40 of aspartate and saccharate.

Last edited:
where do you get the data from (not challenging you, just curious)?

btw, here's a prior meditation on the gastronomical effect of saccharate and aspartate, though the most convincing angle is that the unsweetened amphetamine pills taste bitter.

So, if my math off the top of my head is correct then for every 1 molecule of amph base there is appx. .40 of aspartate and saccharate.

What? There should be one molecule of amp to each molecule either saccharate and aspartate.

or am I missing something?

What? There should be one molecule of amp to each molecule either saccharate and aspartate.

or am I missing something?

Adderall is 25% each of d-amphetamine saccharate, d-amphetamine sulfate, d,l-amphetamine aspartate monohydrate, and d,l-amphetamine sulfate, according to the prescribing information. So really the ratio of saccharate/asparate molecules to amphetamine molecules should be 0.5:1. See the below image (from the) source.

http://gyazo.com/4f6dee2263be8edd2b35d8c44b158a3e.png

http://pi.shirecontent.com/PI/PDFs/AdderallXR_USA_ENG.PDF

If you take into account the varying molecular masses of the salts, though, I calculate that ratio to be 0.5357:1. Here's my calculations if anyone cares to check them:

http://s2.kimag.es/share/31712604.png

Last edited:
So really the ratio of saccharate/asparate molecules to amphetamine molecules should be 0.5:1.

counting ions, that should be 1 to 3.

Sulfuric acid complexes 2 equivalents of amphetamine base

Ah didn't take that into consideration. The numbers seemed to precise to be wrong (though that's not the best basis for judging truth)

Ok...going for a true purification is not necessary and VERY difficult. Filtration alone ain't gonna cut it at all.
Simplify....

Cold water extraction: Just dissolve' crushed pills in as little amount of h2o as possible, letting the insolubles precipitate (using cold water in an ice bath). Then pour off liquid into a spray/mister and snort away. (add some salt (~0.6% ) to increase rate of absorption)

Buccal isn't the same as sublingual. Buccal administration is done through the cheeks; the only modern products I'm aware of being administered buccally are some types of oral tobacco.

Fentora "fentanyl" buccal tablets.