• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

IR Adderall: Digest, Insulfate or Anal Administrate? That is the Question!

iloominati

Greenlighter
While I have heard numerous, presumably knowledgeable people, exclaim that Adderall is meant to be taken orally, not injected, insulfated or colon ingested (rappers out there - you just a got a line to run with….) I pose (and post) the question below.

Let me preface it by saying that as an AADD diagnosed patient, I take adderall as prescribed on a daily basis to be more functional, effective and successful and it has worked well. There are times, however, especially on the weekends, where I want to feel a tad more “amped” (pardon the pun). For our question, I am going to exclude the intravenous method since it is,

a) the well established most efficient way to get a compound into the bloodstream rendering all other methods lame in comparison. (Something analogous would be pitting the 2010 S.F. Giants against the Seattle…., no lets take it one step further. It would be like pitting the 2010 S.F. Giants against the Texas Rangers in a 7 game series {SNAP!} and;

b) dangerous, resulting in possible OD, HEPC or HIV (rappers - there‘s another one for you!)

With “buzz” magnification being the objective, and with the aforementioned intravenous limitation, I pose this question: (seriously, I am not trying to do this - it just comes out that way. scary isn’t it?!)

If you could take 3 of your 30 mg IR Addy’s and could easily and relatively inexpensively “refine” them through ultrafiltration, A/B extraction or some combination thereof to at least 90% purity - would you, a) still ingest (parachute it), b) insulfate (rail it)* or, c) anal administrate (plug it), or d) none of the above because the scenario you propose is a non-starter: You can’t purify your Addy’s either easily or inexpensively because.......

* your average 30 mg IR pill weighs 300 mg. So, only 10% of each pill is active ingredient and 90% is filler. So, three 30 mg pills would have around 810 mg removed thus not clogging up your nasal membrane.

For those of you who are interested in exploring the question, here is the data i have collected thus far:

Adderall (IR)

EACH 20 mg TABLET CONTAINS:

Dextroamphetamine Saccharate 5 mg
Amphetamine Aspartate Monohydrate 5 mg
Dextroamphetamine Sulfate USP 5 mg
Amphetamine Sulfate USP 5 mg

Total amphetamine base equivalence 12.6 mg

Here’s the lowdown on each of the amps:

Amphetamine Sulfate USP:

CAS:60-13-9
Molecular Weight 368.5 (NTP, 3392)
Molecular Formula: C9H13N.H2O4S
Melting Point: 536-538 ° F (NTP, 1992)
Specific Gravity: 1.15 at 77.0 ° F (NTP, 1992)
Water Solubility: 50-100 mg/mL at 61° F (NTP, 1992)
The Merck Index reports amphetamine sulphate dissolves 1 part per 8.8 parts water which means 1 gram will dissolve fully in 8.8mL (8.8 grams) of water = 50mg will dissolve in .45ml of water. Also, 1 part dissolves in 515 parts 95% ethanol or 1 gram will dissolve fully in 515 mL 95% ethanol (I have also read its 1:800, but that may be in the case of 99.9% isoproponal or ethanol). It is insoluble in ether and presumably acetone (99.9%). It becomes much more soluble as the temp goes up.

Dextroamphetamine Sulfate USP,

CAS 617-48-8 51-63-8
Molecular Weight 368.5
Molecular Formula: (C9H13N)2.H2SO4, .
Dextroamphetamine sulfate is the dextrorotatory isomer of amphetamine and is a white, odorless, crystalline powder and has a bitter taste and results in numbness in the gums.
Solubility: Same as above

Amphetamine Aspartate Monohydrate:

CAS Number: 51-63-8 Molecular Weight: 286.33
Molecular Formula:C13H20N2O4
Density:g/cm3
Boiling Point:201.5°Cat760mmHg
Flash Point:87.4°C

Dextroamphetamine Saccharate

CAS Number: 87-73-0 Molecular Weight: 480.56
Not alot of info. on this one so far. It is my understanding that saccharates - the salt version of sacharin acid - are readily soluble in water. I am not sure if the ratio is the same as with the sulfate version (1:8.8) Someone please back me up on this) In any case it will go into solution and will be drawn through a 500 MWCO (mol. weight cutoff) membrane, barely.

So what are the fillers or inactive ingredientes we are dealing with? According to industry data the Inactive Ingredients in the 3 generic formulations most commonly available include: (followed by mol. Wt./H20 solubility/insoluble in)

Instant Release (IR)

Barr

30mg Tablet
NDC#: 0555-0974
Imprint: b;974;3;0
Color: Peach

Inactive Ingredients:
COLLOIDAL SILICON DIOXIDE - 68/.12mg per 1ml/ethanol
STARCH, CORN 250,000/insoluble/??
MAGNESIUM STEARATE - 591/negligible/ether
CELLULOSE, MICROCRYSTALLINE - 35000/insoluble/?
SACCHARIN SODIUM : 241.19/soluble in water (80g in 100g)/slightly soluble in alcohol
Compressible Sugar: 342/Very soluble in water/Slightly soluble in alcohol.
FD & C YELLOW #6 ALUMINUM LAKE AS A COLOR ADDITIVE 452/Soluble in cold water/???. Solubility at 25°C in Distilled Water 27 oz./gallon = 28,349mg/3785ml = 7.5 mg/ml

Sandoz

30mg Tablet
NDC #: 0185-0404
Imprint: E;404
Color: Orange

Inactive Ingredients:
LACTOSE MONOHYDRATE (alcohol sugar) - 360/Freely buy slowly soluble in water (partially soluble in cold water, readily soluble in hot water/practically insoluble in alcohol
PREGALATINIZED STARCH: 692/soluble in cold water/??
YELLOW #6 ALUMINUM LAKE AS A COLOR ADDITIVE
432/"minimum bleed" in water typically less than 5mg/kg./Virtually insoluble in solvents

CorePharma

30mg Tablet
NDC#: 64720-136
Imprint: cor;136
Color: Pink

LACTOSE MONOHYDRATE (alcohol sugar) 360/Freely buy slowly soluble in water- partially soluble in cold water, hot water/practically insoluble in alcohol
MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE - 35000/insoluble/?
PREGALATINIZED STARCH: 692/soluble in cold water/??
D&C RED NO. 27 ALUMINUM LAKE as a color additive.(20 mg g and 30 Mg) 790/insoluble/glycerol & ether

For those wanting more info on the fillers;

Lactose, Monohydrate

Synonyms: (alpha)-Lactose; Milk Sugar; Lactose Monohydrate
CAS No.: 63-42-3 (Anhydrous) 64044-51-5 (Monohydrate)
Molecular Weight: 360.32
Chemical Formula: C12H22O11 . H2O M
Appearance: White to off-white Powder. Odor: Odorless.
Solubility: freely but slowly soluble in water. Partially soluble in cold water, hot water.
Specific Gravity: 1.53
Physical and Chemical Properties
Physical state and appearance: Solid. (white crystalline powder)
Odor: Odorless.
Melting Point: 214°C (417.2°F)
Specific Gravity: 1.525 (Water = 1)

Magnesium Stearate

Magnesium octadecanoate
Molecular formula C36H70MgO4
Molar mass: 591.27 g/mol
Appearance: light white powder
Odor: slight
Melting point 88 °C, 361 K, 190 °F
Solubility in water negligible Solubility insoluble in ether
slightly soluble in benzene

Silicon dioxide

Other names Quartz Silica
Identifiers CAS number 7631-86-9 (anhydrate) Y PubChem 24261 (anhydrate) Y, 11521065 (18O2),(anhydrate) Y, 190201 (monohydrate) Y ChemSpider 22683 (anhydrate) Y, 165185 (monohydrate) Y UNII ETJ7Z6XBU4 Y EC number 231-545-4
Properties : Molecular formula SiO2
Molar mass 60.0843 g/mol
Appearance white powder Density 2.634 g/cm3 Melting point 1650(±75) °C
Boiling point: 2230 °C
Solubility in water 0.012 g/100 mL

MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE -

Composition: (C6H10O5)n
Synonyms: Cellulose gel, INS No. 46
Properties: Microcrystalline cellulose is purified, partially depolymerized cellulose. A fine, white, odorless crystalline powder. Neglibibly soluble in water (.25%), insoluble in dilute acids, in most organic solvents, also insoluble in dilute sodium hydroxide solutions (FCC 1981). .
Molecular Weight: 24,000 - 57,000

Powdered cellulose is a purified white powder; odorless; consisting of fibrous particles in various grades and degrees of fineness ranging from a dense, free flowing powder to a coarse, fluffy, non-flowing material. The utility of pulverized or powdered cellulose is limited due to the highly fibrous forms, that results in poor “mouthfeel.” therefore Microcrystalline cellulose (MCC) was developed by taking cellulose in its more native state that has both amorphous and crystalline regions, and the amorphous regions are attacked first by solvents and chemical reagents. MCC production uses an additional step involving hydrolysis of the purified wood pulp, using hydrochloric acid to reduce the degree of polymerization. This leaves only the tiny, acid-resistant crystalline regions. It can be spray-dried, and is then termed “powdered MCC.” This produces average particle sizes ranging from about 20-90 μ-m. Not more than 10% of the material has a particle size of less than 5 m
Another form is colloidal MCC, which is water dispersible and has properties similar to water soluble gums. It requires the use of mechanical energy after hydrolysis to tear apart microfibrils and provides a major proportion of colloidal sized aggregates (less than 0.2μm in diameter)

Pregelatinized Starch

IUPAC Name: 5-[3,4-dihydroxy-6-(hydroxymethyl)-5-methoxyoxan-2-yl]oxy-6-[[3,4-dihydroxy-6-(hydroxymethyl)-5-methoxyoxan-2-yl]oxymethyl]-2-[4,5-dihydroxy-2-(hydroxymethyl)-6-methyloxan-3-yl]oxyoxane-3,4-diol |
CAS Registry Number: 9005-25-8
Molecular Formula: C27H48O2
Molecular Weight: 693
Synonyms: Potato starch, Wheat starch, Corn starch, Rice starch, Cornstarch, Starch, potato, Clearjel, Supertah, Keestar, Maizena, Maranta, Melojel, Starch, wheat, Starken, Amylum, Genvis, Meluna, Trogum, Starch, corn, Amyla
Soluble in cold water; forming typical colloidal solutions with viscous properties in hot water; insoluble in ethanol

SACHARIN SODIUM:

Synonyms: 1,2-benzisothiazol-3(2H)-one,1,1-dioxide, sodium salt dihydrate; Sodium benzosulphimide
CAS No.: 128-44-9 (Anhydrous); 6155-57-3 (Dihydrate)
Molecular Weight: 241.19
Chemical Formula: C7H4NNaO3S.2H2O
Ingredient CAS No Percent

Sodium Saccharin 128-44-9 94 - 95%
Water 7732-18-5 5 - 6%

Appearance: White crystals
Solubility: soluble in water (80g in 100g) and slightly soluble in alcohol;

COMPRESSIBLE SUGAR

Description: White, granular, free-flowing powder non-hygroscopic that contains not less than 95% and not More than 98% of sucrose C12H22O11 which is composed of GLUCOSE and FRUCTOSE linked via their anomeric carbons. It is obtained commercially from SUGARCANE, sugar beet and other plants and used extensively as a food and a sweetener.
Molecular Weight 342
Very soluble in water, Slightly soluble in alcohol. It may contain starch,malto-dextrin,or invert sugar,and may contain a suitable lubricant.

CORN STARCH

Identifiers CAS number 9005-25-8 Y EC-number 232-679-6 RTECS number GM5090000 Properties Molecular formula (C6H10O5)n Appearance white powder Density 1.5 g/cm3 Melting point
Molecular Weight: Appx. 250,000
Solubility in water: Insoluble

FD & C YELLOW NO. 6 ALUMINUM LAKE

AC Name - aluminum 6-oxido-5-[(4-sulfonatophenyl)diazenyl]naphthalene-2-sulfonate
CAS Number : 15790-07-5
(EINECS) Number : 239-888-1
Molecular Weight : 432.3633986

Solubility - Virtually insoluble in solvents and should have "minimum bleed" in water typically less than 5mg/kg.

D & C Red No. 27 Aluminum Lake

Formula: C20H4O3BR4CL4
Molecular Weight: 785
Solubiltiy in Water: insoluble

In the addendum below you will find more detailed information on these compounds

Lactose, Monohydrate

1. Product Identification
Synonyms: (alpha)-Lactose; Milk Sugar; Lactose Monohydrate
CAS No.: 63-42-3 (Anhydrous) 64044-51-5 (Monohydrate)
Molecular Weight: 360.32
Chemical Formula: C12H22O11 . H2O M
Appearance:
White to off-white Powder.
Odor:
Odorless.
Solubility:
freely but slowly soluble in water. Partially soluble in cold water, hot water.
Specific Gravity:
Physical state and appearance: Solid. (white crystalline powder)
Odor: Odorless.
Taste: Not available.
Melting Point: 214°C (417.2°F)
Specific Gravity: 1.525 (Water = 1)

Magnesium Stearate

Magnesium octadecanoate
Properties Molecular formula C36H70MgO4 Molar mass 591.27 g/mol Appearance light white powder Odor slight Melting point 88 °C, 361 K, 190 °F
Solubility in water negligible Solubility insoluble in ether
slightly soluble in benzene
Silicon dioxide 

Silicon dioxide
Silanedione
Other names[
Quartz
Silica Identifiers CAS number 7631-86-9 (anhydrate) Y PubChem 24261 (anhydrate) Y, 11521065 (18O2),(anhydrate) Y, 190201 (monohydrate) Y ChemSpider 22683 (anhydrate) Y, 165185 (monohydrate) Y UNII ETJ7Z6XBU4 Y EC number 231-545-4 Properties Molecular formula SiO2 Molar mass 60.0843 g/mol
Appearance white powder Density 2.634 g/cm3 Melting point
1650(±75) °C
Boiling point
2230 °C
Solubility in water 0.012 g/100 mL

MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE -

Composition:
(C6H10O5)n
Synonyms: Cellulose gel, INS No. 46
Properties: .
Microcrystalline cellulose is purified, partially depolymerized cellulose. A fine, white, odorless crystalline powder. Neglibibly soluble in water (.25%), insoluble in dilute acids, in most organic solvents, also insoluble in dilute sodium hydroxide solutions (FCC 1981). .
Molecular Weight: 24,000 - 57,000
Powdered cellulose is a purified white powder; odorless; consisting of fibrous particles in various grades and degrees of fineness ranging from a dense, free flowing powder to a coarse, fluffy, non-flowing material. The utility of pulverized or powdered cellulose is limited due to the highly fibrous forms, that results in poor “mouthfeel.” therefore Microcrystalline cellulose (MCC) was developed by taking cellulose in its more native state that has both amorphous and crystalline regions, and the amorphous regions are attacked first by solvents and chemical reagents. MCC production uses an additional step involving hydrolysis of the purified wood pulp, using hydrochloric acid to reduce the degree of polymerization. This leaves only the tiny, acid-resistant crystalline regions. It can be spray-dried, and is then termed “powdered MCC.” This produces average particle sizes ranging from about 20-90 μ-m. Not more than 10% of the material has a particle size of less than 5 m
Another form is colloidal MCC, which is water dispersible and has properties similar to water soluble gums. It requires the use of mechanical energy after hydrolysis to tear apart microfibrils and provides a major proportion of colloidal sized aggregates (less than 0.2μm in diameter)

Pregelatinized Starch

IUPAC Name: 5-[3,4-dihydroxy-6-(hydroxymethyl)-5-methoxyoxan-2-yl]oxy-6-[[3,4-dihydroxy-6-(hydroxymethyl)-5-methoxyoxan-2-yl]oxymethyl]-2-[4,5-dihydroxy-2-(hydroxymethyl)-6-methyloxan-3-yl]oxyoxane-3,4-diol |
CAS Registry Number: 9005-25-8
Molecular Formula: C27H48O2
Molecular Weight: 693
Synonyms: Potato starch, Wheat starch, Corn starch, Rice starch, Cornstarch, Starch, potato, Clearjel, Supertah, Keestar, Maizena, Maranta, Melojel, Starch, wheat, Starken, Amylum, Genvis, Meluna, Trogum, Starch, corn, Amyla
Soluble in cold water; forming typical colloidal solutions with viscous properties in hot water; insoluble in ethanol

SACHARIN SODIUM:
Synonyms: 1,2-benzisothiazol-3(2H)-one,1,1-dioxide, sodium salt dihydrate; Sodium benzosulphimide
CAS No.: 128-44-9 (Anhydrous); 6155-57-3 (Dihydrate)
Molecular Weight: 241.19
Chemical Formula: C7H4NNaO3S.2H2O
Ingredient CAS No Percent
Sodium Saccharin 128-44-9 94 - 95%
Water 7732-18-5 5 - 6%
Appearance:
White crystals.
Odor:
Odorless.
Solubility:
soluble in water (80g in 100g) and slightly soluble in alcohol;

COMPRESSIBLE SUGAR
Description: White, granular, free-flowing powder non-hygroscopic that contains not less than 95% and not More than 98% of sucrose C12H22O11 which is composed of GLUCOSE and FRUCTOSE linked via their anomeric carbons. It is obtained commercially from SUGARCANE, sugar beet and other plants and used extensively as a food and a sweetener.
Molecular Weight 342
Very soluble in water, Slightly soluble in alcohol. It may contain starch,malto-dextrin,or invert sugar,and may contain a suitable lubricant.

CORN STARCH
Identifiers CAS number 9005-25-8 Y EC-number 232-679-6 RTECS number GM5090000 Properties Molecular formula (C6H10O5)n Appearance white powder Density 1.5 g/cm3 Melting point
Molecular Weight: Appx. 250,000
Solubility in water: Insoluble

FD & C YELLOW NO. 6 ALUMINUM LAKE

AC Name - aluminum 6-oxido-5-[(4-sulfonatophenyl)diazenyl]naphthalene-2-sulfonate
CAS Number : 15790-07-5
(EINECS) Number : 239-888-1
Molecular Weight : 432.3633986

Solubility - Virtually insoluble in solvents and should have "minimum bleed" in water typically less than 5mg/kg.

D & C Red No. 27 Aluminum Lake
Formula: C20H4O3BR4CL4
Molecular Weight: 785
Solubiltiy in Water: insoluble

Last edited:
Welcome to Bluelight iloominati

Someone is clearly 'amped' :)

Lots of well set out, detailed information that I hope will be helpful to some people, although it all seemed quite irreverent to me..

Btw, Sublingual administration is also an option I believe?

Btw, Sublingual administration is also an option I believe?
Yes, but the BA is not that much different by any ROA, so it doesn't much matter how you do them.

OP, based on that post I'd say however you're doing them now is working fine.

The Adderall made by Barr has COLLOIDAL SILICON DIOXIDE like in Opana ER's. I assume it would be the same danger risk.

iloominati: considering the fact that every person reacts to every drug "differently" why don't you just them all a try?

actually, in terms of harm reduction... my advice is to just simply take your ADHD meds as prescribed.

Welcome to Bluelight iloominati

Someone is clearly 'amped' :)

Lots of well set out, detailed information that I hope will be helpful to some people, although it all seemed quite irreverent to me..

Don't you mean irrelevant? Perhaps, but I would have liked this information gathered in one place. I spent hours and hours researching, compiling and editing. It will definately be a time saver.

iloominati: considering the fact that every person reacts to every drug "differently" why don't you just them all a try.

As a "true scientist" that would be advisable. I wanted to get other folks opinions on this. Personally, I approach this with a rather well defined bias. I don't see the point in going through the refining process if one is going to administer sublingually or anally. The membranes will absorb what its going to absorb regardless. While no doubt creating less discomfort,(less powder in ones mouth for example) I don't see the buzz magnification factor as being as great as with insulfation.

actually, in terms of harm reduction... my advice is to just simply take your ADHD meds as prescribed.

Please - leave the preaching for the pulpit.:p I did not ask for your advice. I asked for a response to the question at hand (see thread title) backed up by data and/or experience.

@ Ill:

I wanted to clarify that by throwing wry statements in your thread, it was only because I was tickled to see a thread which could have been created by me.

I definitely prefer to crush (XRs) and dissolve in warm water. You're definitely right that it's meant to be swallowed!

iloominati: considering the fact that every person reacts to every drug "differently" why don't you just them all a try?

Agreed that this last comment is more appropriate for straight-up ADD/Adderall forums. There are underlying processes at work here in BL ;)8)

First off get your Dr. to switch you to dextrostat; cleaning that is much simpler and IMO the high is smoother.

Regardless plugging is always the best ROA with the least amount of prep. Super fast onset and definite euphoric push without insufflating all those binders.

If you're willing to go the extra mile clean with acetone and one other solvent of choice and prep for IV.

...like a true scientist

While no true scientist, I am employing the scientific method.

Here is what I have so far: filtration to a high degree of purity is possible, its not easy.

Unless you want to do a complicated a/b extraction, it seems the only way to achieve a high degree of purity is via ultra filtration using a Buchner funnel/flask. Since the 4 amp. salts in adderall are soluble in water, the objective is to filter everything else out of an aqueous (h20) solution. To do that you need to know how big your amp molecules are vis-à-vis the fillers. You don’t want the membrane trapping any of the 4 amp salts used in Adderall. The amp salts have a mol. Weight ranging in size from 286 - 480 or .286 - .480 kilodaltons So, you need a membrane filter with an MWCO (mol. wt. cut off) of 500. Put another way you want your membrane with pore size no larger than .50 kilodaltons. However, I have yet to find one. Sterlitech Corp. sells a 200, 350 and 1,000 but no 500. The 200 and 350 won't work for obvious reasons (some/all of your amps will become the retentate instead of the filtrate) and the 1,000 will not work since magnesium stearate and pregelatinzed starch - 2 of the non active ingredients with mol. Wts. Of 591 and 682 respectively. However they are largely insoluble in water

Even though Pham. Companies hire smart chemists, it does not take an Einstein to figure out that by choosing fillers/additives with similar mol. Mass and solubility characteristics, it makes it pretty hard to “easily” purify your Adderall IR. At least Barr did so. As you can see below, only 3 of the 7 ingredients will micro filter out entirely of Barr’s formula and one that will mostly filter out if you use warm water and not too much of it- FD&C Yellow No. 6. That leaves you with 40% of the fillers remaining in your filtrate, assuming they use all 7 in equal amounts, which is unlikely. Based on how sweet they taste I would not be surprised if perhaps as much as 50% of the tabs are comprised of compressible sugar & saccharin sodium. Throw in colloidal silicone dioxide and the dye and perhaps 70% of the fillers will remain in your filtrate. Game over, yes? Not entirely. Fortunately, there are other options: CorePharma and Sandoz.

Both are essentially the same,with the advantage going to CorePharma due to their use of microcrystaline cellulose which is easy to micro filter out out and two of their primary fillers can be removed to some degree using temperature variations. One is Lactose Monohydrate which is only partially or slowly soluble in cold H2O, its solubility increases as the temperature increases. So using very cold water to dissolve the amps could prove somewhat effective. However, another inactive ingredient present - pregelatinized starch - is insoluble only in hot water. A catch-22? No - one just needs to do two filtations/evaps - one with hot and one with cold water.

The main questions I have at this point are: 1) would not these low mol. wt compunds at least go into solution and thus be sucked through the membrane from the vacuum pressure? and, 2) The percentage of each of the inactive ingredients used? Are they at least listed in order of the amount used relative to everything else like on cereal boxes?

FTI - Experiments in process. Will post results soon.

@ Ill:

I wanted to clarify that by throwing wry statements in your thread, it was only because I was tickled to see a thread which could have been created by me!

Got it - thanks for the clarification - the irreverant humor i used. I figured it was a typo. I am glad there is at least one person out there who thinks/writes like me :)

First off get your Dr. to switch you to dextrostat; cleaning that is much simpler and IMO the high is smoother.

Regardless plugging is always the best ROA with the least amount of prep. Super fast onset and definite euphoric push without insufflating all those binders.

If you're willing to go the extra mile clean with acetone and one other solvent of choice and prep for IV.

I have tried plugging-didn't work for me. It felt no different than parachuting though i have not tried plugging a filtered/purified batch, though i don't see how it would make any differnece, except reducing lower abdominal cramping

Yes, I have heard about the acetone wash and tried it and have not had much success. I think because of the other inactive ingredients the pharm companies use that, like the amp salts, are also insoluble in ether/acetone/isopropanol

I'll look into the dextrostat. Thanks.

mami - got your message - tried to respond but i don't have "bluelighter" status - (shucks! or should is say "this sucks!")

sent a reply to your email acct: hs867...

technically, dexedrine is already insulfated

imgsrv.fcgi
=D

I think buccal (sublingual) administration of the lactitol-sweetened formulation is superior to swallowing. I'd like to see actual pk data though.

Please - leave the preaching for the pulpit.:p I did not ask for your advice. I asked for a response to the question at hand (see thread title) backed up by data and/or experience.

My apologies. I take back the advice I gave. If you would like an anecdotal answer from me (of which I could provide you a very detailed account), then I do not think that ADD is the proper place for this. However, I am happy to liaise with you privately either via Skype/email to give you my two cents; those two cents, I hope, would greatly elucidate a response to your question at hand.

Buccal isn't the same as sublingual. Buccal administration is done through the cheeks; the only modern products I'm aware of being administered buccally are some types of oral tobacco.

Sublingual administration occurs directly under the tongue where those two big blue veins are so close to the surface. If you don't know what I'm talking about, try looking in a mirror at the bottom-side of your tongue. You should see two veins sort of making a V pointing toward the tip of your tongue. Obviously very close to the surface and an easy way to administer a drug. Unfortunately, though, saliva accumulates and the solution you've created becomes too large to be held completely under your tongue and some of the drug is administered through all of the contacted tissue. Just hope that most of the drug was absorbed into the bottom of the tongue and a substantial portion made it right into the veins (as opposed to being absorbed through other parts and having to cycle through tissue on its way to better veins).

It's worth noting that Adderall contains both amphetamine sulfate and dextroamphetamine saccarate and amphetamine aspartate monohydrate (among other salts of racemic and single isomer amphetamine molecules). When it dissolves, the dextroamphetamine saccarate d,l-amphetamine aspartate monohydrate will release saccarate and aspartate ions which will give the pill a sweet taste (not a good sweet, either). Fortunately there aren't very many molecules of saccarate or aspartate so it's not incredibly so. If they could have, and I can't see a reason why they couldn't, they could have formulated it so that they were all salts of extremely sweet sugar-derived acids. It would probably have cut down on people using the drug sublingually and might have made snorting them very uncomfortable (not sure how bad the drip is from these products, but that would probably be an important factor in whether it could work as an insufflation-preventer).