TDS Introduce Yourself! Version: Hello! Hola! Bonjour! 你好!

Hi all,

I'm also new, surprise surprise :D
I'm Dutch, currently living in Ireland.
Ive been on and off Benzo's for at least 8 years.
The problem I have is insomnia... It is quite bad at times, even through I try not to take anything, I do slip.

I found this forum by chance and so far it seems quite nice.
Thanks for having me :)

Welcome. I'm new too. I've been having problems with insomnia myself, as well as benzo's so if you need someone to talk to you can pm me anytime, though there are probably many more members who could give better advice. I'm a wreck, but the nice people I've talked to on here have helped. I hope you feel better. Love and Light forever.

Hi Venichka welcome to BL :) Please let us know if you have any questions etc. otherwise, feel free to post on the threads but please be sure to read the guidelines in our forum.

Hey everyone, long long time lurker from Australia and made a few posts last year but have been very up n down the last 6 months so haven't post too much, just thought I'd introduce myself properly.

Also want to say thanks to all of you for being part of this community, countless stories and advice given to others over the years has helped myself just by reading and reading things from other peoples perspectives. Hopefully I can make some useful posts to help others.

Love your user name.:) Welcome! What is causing the ups and downs to be different in the last 6 months?

I'm a long time lurker. Used to spend all my time in OD, BDD, DC and Cannabis Discussion, but now TDS is my new home. I've seen too much, learned too about myself and my addiction in the last half year and have found TDS to be the only place worthwhile for me presently. I hope one day Healthy Living and Sober Living will be where I'll spend the majority of my time, but for now this community in TDS feels like home.

Thank you to everybody that contributes to this most worthwhile forum.

[edit]....oh snap, I'm a bluelighter!

Last edited:
how do you like posting so far? hope you're finding your way around the boards well! if you have any questions you can always PM me :)

how do you like posting so far? hope you're finding your way around the boards well! if you have any questions you can always PM me :)
Thank you for asking and thank you for the offer. I've been lurking here since, Idk, maybe the early 2000's, so I feel like I kinda know what's going on.

I have realized that I shouldn't spend much time in OD, BDD or DC as I am focused on recovery right now and this leads me to lending advice from a perspective that is outside of what an OP is actually looking for. Those forums tend to be a little "triggering" for me anyways. So for now
I'm spending most my time in TDS, HL, MH and SL.

Phactor, been around a long time. Had a different name before this one as well. Currently in recovery (very raw) after a pretty strong relapse.

hey, phactor, good to see you round these parts again and glad to hear you are back in the fight.<3

What up everyone! Just joined last week...first post. I love the info/knowledge of people on here! Between drugs.com and bluelight I've been able to get all the knowledge and first hand experience w/ the members. I am kicking opiates for the second time. First time I had back surgery(2 years ago) and was dependent on pillls for pain...I quit cold turkey.FUCK! well not really...on the second day I did a line of meth and it got me through it. I don't recommend that, but it did work. I started fuckin' around with the meth here and there. Quit that completely. Done. This time I went on a week bender with Oxycodones, not too crazy just every day for a week. My fault...The first time was from a legit medical reason. This time was me being a dumbass...

So I joined to find a way to beat the WD without meth this time....I came to the right spot. I've taken tramadol and xanax. I only take the xanax at night to help me sleep. I already got a script for tizanidine (flexeril sp?) that helps with sleeping and relaxing. It's day 4 and I'm about 80% back. Tommorow is my last day of tramadol (im not perscribed it by a dr. just got some...) I wasn't on a too bad Oxycodone mg level a day, but it did make me have withdrawls...the tramadol WORKS (for me anyway) within 2-3 days should be back to norm. I am good! My will power is so strong. My wife says she has never seen someone have as strong will power as me. She seen me quit alcohol cold turkey (over 4 years no drank) and seen me quit fuckin' around w/ meth after my surgery. She has 100% faith in me...I have a bunch of O__YC___E left and havn't touched em'....I like having that there in your face temptation (im fucked in the head like that) lol...

I like the "are you a mice...or are you a man" temptation that drives me to stay strong. Did that with alcohol. its the only way. You can't watch 30mins of TV w/out seeing an alcohol commercial. You can't drive to church w/out passing an alcohol ad. it's in your face 24/7. Same with tobacco, you can find a cig walking down the street. Anyways i found all the knowledge about tramadol and what combo works the best and for how long...

Thanks to all for the info and real life experience(s) so I could base MY "self annointed" script for my WD..LoL It's working great. I'm lucky i could get my hands on tramadol. I know if your a hardcore user of opiates tramadol won't do much (if anything at all) but it worked for my little weeker bender!

anyways....Thats it. I will be staying around and hopefully I can return the favor of sharing "something"(experience,advice,etc...) to help another human being in their life.

Pupils :)

Last edited:
I have a bunch of O__YC___E left and havn't touched em'....I like having that there in your face temptation (im fucked in the head like that) lol...

Hey man, welcome! Hope you stick around this fabulous forum. :)

A little comment, I feel like it's dangerous to leave some opiates sitting around at your house. I just quit opiates for good, and I have realized I need to just not have them. Whenever I was afraid to throw them away, because I spent a lot of money on it and it felt wasteful, I ended up relapsing.

Hey hey.. from Melb AU but live in Tweed but been all over.. grew up with drugs in my life because an IV heroin user very young since abused everything to a point that has given me the nickname amongst some of my friends the cockroach "as in live through a nuclear holy-cost" been in rehab for over a year and im still back to physeptone and benzo abuse.. alive and kicking love the forums been coming here a few years mostly for info on various things like the current predicament im in now.. as i type with one hand .. glad i am finally a part of the community..