• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Insufflation of Zolpidem (Ambien)

We get the sleepy effects with smaller doses actually. The higher doses tend to fuck us up and sleep isn't an option at that point. If you need them for sleep and not just for fun, take with a couple benadryl...nighty night.

that could actually work because with my severe insomnia i found if i dose high on benadryls sometimes i can pass out.. and the ambien half ass work sometimes but alotta times i end up being awake for hours before finally being able to sleep i will try that next time i get some

Orally it has a great bioavilability, insufflation may not increase it by very much at all. It already kicks in within 10-15 minutes. I can't imagine it kicking in any quicker than just 5 minutes. Because of that I have never insufflated and I snort many drugs. A good dose for me is about 30mg (don't have a benzo tolerance anymore). I have done doses around 80-100mg but I just end up blacking out, but still remember some of the stuff.

i've snorted 4 zolpidem 10mg's one after another my first time, and it didn't mess me up that bad, the only thing was that i saw doubles of everything i looked at, and the drip was gross, and of course i threw up.

I didn't read the whole thread, but snorting ambien does work. Now, it hurts like a bastard the drip is shit, but it definitely works. Personally, i have a decent tolerance to benzos and also take gabapentin, so in regards to gaba drugs my tolerance is quite high. I know ambien is slightly different but I believe benzo tolerance can cause a cross tolerance to ambien and Z-drugs.

For me, with my moderate benzo tolerance, I have to take at least 40-50mg of ambien to get a buzz going. In regards to sleep it is shit and doesn't help me sleep. I can get fucked up from it, but at that high a dose it isn't even very enjoyable.

Nothing like the buzz I used to get from 10mg when I was youngin'. Hallucinatin' and all that good stuff. Now it just makes me feel cracked out and depressed.

Ambien sucks for me.

When I have a script of ambien, I find myself snorting nearly all of it simply because it works better IMO. I read that nasal admin of zolpidem is nearly twice that of oral? As in, 10mg insufflated is like 20mg oral? I don't have any proof of this, but I do feel like it works *best for recreation* this way.

I usually insufflate 10mg, wait about 5-10minutes to gauge the effects, and then insufflate another 10mg. This usually gets me a decent buzz going on, with another 10mg kicker an hour or so in. After doing it for a while, it starts to get addictive because it's most certainly quite euphoric and enjoyable. Not only do you feel calm, comfortable and at peace, but it's also got a strange stimulating side and you also gotta love the minor OEV's. When I have a script, it's extremely hard for me to not do it every night until it's all gone. There is also a definite hangover from using too much complete with anxiety, depression and fatigue, however I never noticed adverse effects from simply using it once in a while.

I also used to black out on it, memory loss, confusion, etc., but once a slight tolerance is built, this disappears almost completely. Granted, if you keep your dosing in check. I rarely will ever dose more than 40mg over the course of a night and NEVER more than 20mg at once.

When snorting it, I usually dip the tips of my fingers in a glass of water and snort the droplets of water before AND after insufflating the drug. This not only makes sure you don't have a bone-dry nasal passage when putting powder into it, but also snorting water after I feel aids in the absorption. It hurts a HELL of a lot less too. The next morning after fun with ambien, I used to snot-rocket out all sorts of white crap including the annoying little casings they coat them with. After employing my water before and after method, this no longer happens, meaning I'm probably absorbing all of the drug and not wasting it! :)

When I have a script of ambien, I find myself snorting nearly all of it simply because it works better IMO. I read that nasal admin of zolpidem is nearly twice that of oral? As in, 10mg insufflated is like 20mg oral? I don't have any proof of this, but I do feel like it works *best for recreation* this way.

I usually insufflate 10mg, wait about 5-10minutes to gauge the effects, and then insufflate another 10mg. This usually gets me a decent buzz going on, with another 10mg kicker an hour or so in. After doing it for a while, it starts to get addictive because it's most certainly quite euphoric and enjoyable. Not only do you feel calm, comfortable and at peace, but it's also got a strange stimulating side and you also gotta love the minor OEV's. When I have a script, it's extremely hard for me to not do it every night until it's all gone. There is also a definite hangover from using too much complete with anxiety, depression and fatigue, however I never noticed adverse effects from simply using it once in a while.

I also used to black out on it, memory loss, confusion, etc., but once a slight tolerance is built, this disappears almost completely. Granted, if you keep your dosing in check. I rarely will ever dose more than 40mg over the course of a night and NEVER more than 20mg at once.

When snorting it, I usually dip the tips of my fingers in a glass of water and snort the droplets of water before AND after insufflating the drug. This not only makes sure you don't have a bone-dry nasal passage when putting powder into it, but also snorting water after I feel aids in the absorption. It hurts a HELL of a lot less too. The next morning after fun with ambien, I used to snot-rocket out all sorts of white crap including the annoying little casings they coat them with. After employing my water before and after method, this no longer happens, meaning I'm probably absorbing all of the drug and not wasting it! :)
Totally agree!!! Also used a vick's humidifier and breathe in the steam to moisten nasal passages. Add in some menthol to vaporizer for extra spice.

The more angry & irritated I am before snorting one of my prescribed ambi, the better it feels. ;) Never felt this with any other prescribed medication.

that was my first question in blue light i got advised to not do this, still feel like a `nard for asking but hey thats me, do as you will but its yucky for me, GL

I realise that OP's inquiry was specifically regarding the nasal route and I preface my comments by saying I do not wish to trigger/influence anyone negatively, be they TOO experienced 😬😵‍💫☺️😱 or painfully naive... 🤩😍😛 . . .

Tho anything aproaching regular use happened 5+ yrs ago, coinciding with pills drying up considerably in my neck of the woods, as opposed to them falling from the sky and sexually reproducing when no one is looking. I remember the experiences quite well despite doing my fair share, and yours too 😝. Ive used them literally every way excluding Interoccularly, transdermal and IM, for various reasons. The oeal and nasal route have been well described and also contain refreshingly useful advice i wish i had back in my day. After using them a couple time a wk avg for yrs and at time also in a love affair with IV morph but enjoyed my speed as well, other people sure seemed to enjoy MY speed too. So of course I would eventually try bangin the ambien. Much filtering and care is an absolute must as there are plenty of horror storys out there with loss pf limb easy with carelessness. Dose hovered at 20-30 mg and never 40+ and usually combined with 60 mg Morphine Sulfate in same. 3cc. Never tried to nod, felt like a waste, didnt hallucinate as hard as some oral/nasal as far as shifting images or full on visuals but a pleasant light shimmeryish coating permeated to the experience and it was always one of seemingly boundless freedom from anxiety, negativity, inhibitions to childhood levels, tho i maintained clarity of thougnt and motor control. And the rush... My mouth literally watered when i hadnt yet thought about the rush. Words dont describe.

That being said, this is not what i would call safe without the proper tools including micron filters tho i didnt have access and would just backload cottom in big barrel, exercise extreme caution and over all be diligent,'without proper prep/technique this can be absolutely life threateningly dangerous.

I would find it highly unlikely that plugging would disappoint and would likely align with IV with less/no rush. Anyone tried butt ambien? Care to dump some knowledge on me?

Last edited:
Male, 65kg, medium to high tolerance to benzos.
Snorted 20mg for the first time i try them. No effects at all... maybe little bit sedated but nothing more.
Gonna try another pill under tongue or snorted... dont know what to choose but my snorting lover brain is tipping the scale.
The other noticiable effect is a headache