• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Insufflation of Zolpidem (Ambien)

Flip_Mojo

Greenlighter
Ok, so I'm really just looking to get some feedback on others who've tried it and what doses worked for them. I've got a bunch of 10mg pills and I'm trying to find out how much I'd have to insufflate for decent effects.

By the way, Zolpidem is one of the z-drugs that IS water soluble AKA has NO problem crossing the blood brain barrier.

SO, with all that said, how much do you guys recommend for a user with a moderate benzo tolerance to get a goooood buzz going?

Any help is much appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
one 10mg pill is more than enough.

no reason to insufflate.

ambien has excellent oral bioavailability. it hits within 10-15mins.

have fun, hide your car keys. tell someone what you're doing.

haha keys are already hidden. problem is I have a mild-moderate benzo tolerance, 10mg doesn't really do much. Also, I have a script (so nothing too illegal) and I know FROM EXPERIENCE that insufflation produced a much more "benzo" type feel with slight visual distortion, way more pleasurable than from eating the pill

I've heard measures of 50-80 mgs are the usual ballpark? just looking for others experiences, will post report in this thread afterwards

Also, I have my own townhouse and a script, so privacy/not doing dumb shit is basically under control haha

Hahaha not to worry, they're in a place that would be too much effort for me to get to while fucked up

^^tried and tested theory

SO HAS ANYONE ELSE SNORTED OVER 10 mgs OF THIS SHIT?

i've taken as much as 100mg of ambien in one session.

my experience is that 20mg will induce an ambien high in anyone even with tolerance- as long as you have not taken ambien in the previous day.

my experience also is that anything more than 50mg is a waste. the only thing that that much buys you is almost guaranteed amnesia.

there are like 4 stages of effect: 1, sleepiness; 2, euphoria; 3, unable to balance and slurred speech; 4, blackout.

i've preferred sublingual dosing. even faster than oral, and none of the nastiness of snorting. its bitter but you get used to it.

you can potentiate your ambien with an alcoholic beverage. but i think the high is cleaner with just the amb.

hmm... ive never tried sublingual.

how does it go as far as come up and all that?

also, insufflation produces a pretty strong euphoric effect (read multiple reports of it, so its not just me). is there anything like that with sublingual? also, how is the overall feel of the sublingual "trip" and whats a good dose to recommend for someone with a tolerance who has unlimited resources?

i dont know why but ambien doesnt work for me ...no recreational value at all...

i got it for sleeping from my mom had a bottle...
took 20mg just to sleep.. couldnt sleep stayed up 5 hours before i passed out finally
and i didnt get no kinda high or nothing just felt groggy n shit

then the next night i took them i took 50 mg off top and couldnt sleep after like a hour
so i got up and was gonna atleast see if i could enjoy it because i read how loaded it
made people.. nope no kinda buzz just tired groggy but couldnt sleep didnt knock me out but
i felt tired ... i think i took up to 80 mg one night never worked i guess it just dont react with my
body chemistry

took 20mg just to sleep.. couldnt sleep stayed up 5 hours before i passed out finally
and i didnt get no kinda high or nothing just felt groggy n shit

We get the sleepy effects with smaller doses actually. The higher doses tend to fuck us up and sleep isn't an option at that point. If you need them for sleep and not just for fun, take with a couple benadryl...nighty night.

hey snap you have any experience with recreational insufflation?? im really just looking for dosage info for someone with a mild GABA exciter tolerance. Also, anyone achieved similar euphoric rush from sublingual??

Hahaha not to worry, they're in a place that would be too much effort for me to get to while fucked up

^^tried and tested theory

SO HAS ANYONE ELSE SNORTED OVER 10 mgs OF THIS SHIT?

Took and kinda-hid a friend's keys one party...she saw where they were hidden, middle of the night, she decides to drive home and gets a DUI.... so now whenever we have a party, we know which of the attendees could over-partake (our 'blotto' friends) and hide their keys. Then the next morning, it's a scruffy, smelly crew waking us up looking for their keys.

Oh yeah...we learned that a different hiding place each time is the best way to go. Another oh yeah...bring the ipod speakers inside around midnight if you have vanilla neighbors. :)

hey snap you have any experience with recreational insufflation?? im really just looking for dosage info for someone with a mild GABA exciter tolerance. Also, anyone achieved similar euphoric rush from sublingual??

I don't think you need to insufflate...it works exceptionally well orally. Seriously, doesn't matter what other stuff you partake in...try a small dose (5mg) , then build up from there. Like I said in another post, 5 mg orally knocks us out. 10 mg orally skips the sleepy time and makes the world a crazy place. We just remember the early stages of those experiences as Ambien has a strong amnesiac effect.

well the only thing is i take it as a script for sleep, just always seem to have extra (like tonight)

ive done 10mg sublingual before, taken like 20 orally, and nothin other than a little groggy, stayed up through the entire thing.

I got 30 mgs decoated (they coat them in a filler to discourage insufflation) and lost one down the sink (FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU...) so i grabbed another, gonna crush em up now and dome em, if that doesn't work, i'll probably try another 20mgs sublingual. I'll be reporting back VERY soon.

The only thing snorting ambien ever did for me was make my nose bleed. Seriously.

Never had another drug do that: i railed it and instantly my nose started bleeding. It hurt like a fucking bitch too.

Didnt get me that high either...I've taken a lotta ambien in my day (had a script), and i'd have to agree with what most people have said in here. Just wanted to add my experience snorting ambien.

halfway thru this big ass pile of ambien, body load getting heavy, feels like there's somebody else in the room, nothing menacing, just like a buddy or someone i forgot about, keep looing over my shoulder and stuff. bout 10mgs into the pile, going back for more... :)

finished the pile, odd body load, still sense of someone else in the room. no intense visuals, a little "floaty" feeling, good overall euphoria, musics helping,

time to sublingual 2

sublingualed, feeling sedated, not much else going on, feeling a little spacey, gonna give it a few more minutes then gonna start with increments of .5 of alprazolam (xanax) up to 2mg, on 1mg already.

On a not too recent meth binge, (up for 4 days with roughly 1 sleep) I snorted 10mgs zolpidem and swallowed 10mgs crushed about 30 mins later. I also had taken 3 benadryl roughly a half hour before the zolpidem .

After around 30 more minutes I found myself in my small apartment, literally walking around from room conversing with around 20 seemingly real people. They were from all walks of life and all complete strangers.

This went on for roughly 2 hrs I guess? I eventually came too and found myself with my face literally 6 inches from the toilet bowl staring down inside like it was a vast ocean.

I finally pulled myself together long enough to lie my ass down in my bed. I hardly remember anything at all about it but at the time I was having some meaningful conversation with myself!

I rarely take benzos anymore unless I've been careless and taken too many opiates on a 2 week binge, putting myself in mild withdrawal. So, my tolerance to them is low right now.

Never tried snorting ambien. Have done ambien along with adderall and nuvigil. That was interesting. A friend and I took ambien first (5 mg for me, 10 mg for him) and then took adderall and nuvigil about 15 minutes later (think the adderall was 10 mg, 1 for me, 2 for him). We were both very drowsy until the stimulants kicked in. Interesting night, to say the least. haha