• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Insight into not doing more!

I found going cold turkey on stimulants (methylphedinate, vvyanse, dextroaphetamine, and meth) quite easy but the side effects of the long term abuse are very evident in myself memory is bad and concentration.

I suggest with adderal going cold turkey and replacing any cravings while smoking your self to sleep with weed. Get outside and do hard exercise do weights etc.

magic mushrooms totally removed all my cravings for stimulants including cigs. May be worth looking into it.

The higher the dose, the less the bottle lasts, and not taking even more becomes even harder, and any future doses will also be less effective.
Amphetamines are a tool, like a hammer. No point in hammering the nail after it's in right?
Excellently put, couldn't have said it better.
I just tried meth for the first time and I’m ashamed
don't you dare shame yourself for that. there's nothing to be ashamed of, you simply experienced another substance don't regard it like the media tries to portray it, it's not a demon drug or 'dirty' its just another type of amphetamine, fucks sake the also have prescription methamp called Desoxyn so don't be too hard on yourself, one day at a time and make sure that you're fine with what you're using and if you genuinely feel you shouldn't be then slowly work towards changing that, but its a long process which isn't always an easy one.

Excellently put, couldn't have said it better.

don't you dare shame yourself for that. there's nothing to be ashamed of, you simply experienced another substance don't regard it like the media tries to portray it, it's not a demon drug or 'dirty' its just another type of amphetamine, fucks sake the also have prescription methamp called Desoxyn so don't be too hard on yourself, one day at a time and make sure that you're fine with what you're using and if you genuinely feel you shouldn't be then slowly work towards changing that, but its a long process which isn't always an easy one.
Thank you for saying that...It just has such a negative connotation it’s hard not to beat yourself up...I had an addiction to opiate painkillers 10 years ago and the shame to f that never truly has gone away...

the side effects of the long term abuse are very evident in myself memory is bad and concentration.
may i suggest, perhaps that it isn't exactly the side effects that you're perceiving as the cause of those symptoms, when you use a drug for an extended period you become very accustomed to being in that state which becomes the norm and reajusting to not being in that state is a process that varies from person to person, the Memory issue however, i've noticed that it does impact in a certain way where it effects the memory especially the memories of stuff while you were under the influence, but its mostly the short-term memory that gets impacted which does restore itself after a certain amount of abstinence from the substance. but you should always expect to experience the complete OPPOSITE of the effects of a drug if you were habituated to it or used heavily for an extended period because it became your norm and your mind and body grew to think that thats simply normal and how to function but with time you snap back to normal the human mind and body is quite versatile isn't it amazing?

Thank you for saying that...It just has such a negative connotation it’s hard not to beat yourself up...I had an addiction to opiate painkillers 10 years ago and the shame to f that never truly has gone away...
on that too, i mean, i'm VERY dependent on opiates right now to survive from day to day but at the same time, i comprehend that its just a drug that i'm consuming there's nothing more to it, somtimes we do/use things that benefit us in a certain way at that time and whats meant to be is meant to be, I applaud you beating opiate addiction, i've withdrawal badly twice and its fucking horrible, but it's survivable forsure, and if you can beat that then you are golden so take all those negative thoughts and put em in a box then throw it in the river because i think you know exactly what you're doing and if it ever becomes a problem you'll definately be able to handle it but like i said earlier, just make sure to take care of yourself because you're #1 and the drug is #2 :) if you ever have any issues or questions you can feel free to PM me i'll be happy to support you in any way i can.

T
on that too, i mean, i'm VERY dependent on opiates right now to survive from day to day but at the same time, i comprehend that its just a drug that i'm consuming there's nothing more to it, somtimes we do/use things that benefit us in a certain way at that time and whats meant to be is meant to be, I applaud you beating opiate addiction, i've withdrawal badly twice and its fucking horrible, but it's survivable forsure, and if you can beat that then you are golden so take all those negative thoughts and put em in a box then throw it in the river because i think you know exactly what you're doing and if it ever becomes a problem you'll definately be able to handle it but like i said earlier, just make sure to take care of yourself because you're #1 and the drug is #2 :) if you ever have any issues or questions you can feel free to PM me i'll be happy to support you in any way i can.
Thank you so much, I actually feel better!!! And yes opiate withdrawal is agony!!! I commend you if you’re able to take them responsibly...I never could...being dependent on medication doesn’t always make the person an addict

I commend you if you’re able to take them responsibly...I never could...being dependent on medication doesn’t always make the person an addict
Don't get me wrong, i do appreciate the nod here and there, but to me thats just a side effect, i'll take a nod with no pain vs sitting there irritable wanting to throw my head out the window from pain when its easily treated by a dose of pain meds, but i certainly am responsible with them, after truely experiencing the withdrawal i learned to respect my prescription, i have to use i think is best but at the same time remember that i am taking strong drugs so I make sure to acknowledge each dose and appreciate them, especially now when people are getting cut off and what not when theyve got serious medical issues it's almost a privilege to have a script let alone a high-dose one so i don't take it for granted at all, i really do consider myself lucky to have it and i know my limits, and i don't surpass them
it does take alot of will-power some days to moderate what i take or to handle dealing with the pain but knowing that it could be so much worse without the meds is all that much more motivating to hold off and take them later when it's much worse

admittedly i don't comprehend why i'm capable of moderating so well other than ^ but I do use stimulants heavily aswell but i also have no issues taking 1-2 weeks where i don't take anything other than my pain meds and i do often deal with stimulant wd which isn't as bad as opiate but knowing it only lasts 2-5 days is good enough to not mind it we all readjust at some point so everything is temporary

to sum it up, If you acknowledge what you're using and respect that then the outcome isn't as bad as just saying fuck it because a 'fuck it' mindset doesn't lead one down the best road

Stay safe :)
~Zonxx

Once in awhile however, you have to self medicate and if you're personally alright with what you're doing then thats all that matters, you somtimes have to do what makes you feel good about everything, so as long as you're still capable of acknowledging you're using drugs then you're able to exert your own level of control over what you're using we don't always use a small amount but, thats fine hey you're entitled to treat yourself once in awhile, why not its not the end of the world, but you're aware of tolerance so when you see it growing you have to manage that and make sure you keep to a level where you're fine with it aswell as making sure its not harming your well-being, as far as i'm concerned if you take good care of yourself physically aka eat well, don't skip meals, if you were awake for 2+ days make sure you catch up on the sleep you deprived yourself of to balance everything out so everything in the end doesn't really have a major impact you're simply doing what you do to get through the day and everyones got their own thing

Well .. I'm a total stim freak .. and I would recommend doing less. Maybe it's just me, but I've always found there is a kind of tip point with amphetamines above which you just crave it like a bastard, below which you're kinda chilled, energetic and good to go. To this day I will still use 30-40mg dex just to get me through something like a long day in the city, but if I go much over 50mg my next dose 1/2 hour later will be 200mg. Maybe it's just cos I'm a total junky, but do you really need 60mg to feel anything at all? try taking some time off! even if it's only a day or two at weekends. Obviously .. dose sizes etc. are highly personal and dependent on drug - I'm talking about street speed and you're talking about a combination of amphetamine salts some of which are inactive .. so this really is something you have to feel.