• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Insight into not doing more!

GENGAR

Ex-Bluelighter
I’m on 60 mgs of adderall an need some reassurance of not doing more

Keep in mind that you're gonna run out if you do more. When you start to feel badly when you're coming down, have something to counter that. It's helpful.

Oh.. and your sleep is really important. When it starts f'ing with your sleep cycle it's time to cut back and get back on schedule

Yes that’s what I’m prescribed a day but I’m urging to do more I don’t know what to do
it's the max i think that they are allowed to prescribe. I don't know how they can put a max # of mg on it that is set for everyone. It's not right, but that's how they do it. When you say you don't know what to do is it because you ate half your bottle and can't refill for a long time/?

Just try to keep busy and if you can, go to sleep and start fresh tomorrow.. it's not worth it in the end to take more trust me!! You are in control not the other way around! Youve got this!! 👍🏻

Yeah I guess you are right I’ve managed not to take anymore due to your guys help

The higher the dose, the less the bottle lasts, and not taking even more becomes even harder, and any future doses will also be less effective.
Amphetamines are a tool, like a hammer. No point in hammering the nail after it's in right?

This is a fantastic analogy. Back in the day I would blow throw a month’s supply of addies in 3-5 days then count down the days until I could refill - or just find another doc(this was in the early 2000’s).

Now I look at them kind of like a multi-vitamin. I know I’m going to need an ample supply each day or things can go haywire. Medication management is possible.

The higher the dose, the less the bottle lasts, and not taking even more becomes even harder, and any future doses will also be less effective.
Amphetamines are a tool, like a hammer. No point in hammering the nail after it's in right?

Very good analogy. If you can afford it OP a time lock safe would be a good investment. I find it hard to control myself as well and honestly i'm considering buying one just to manage my adderall use.

I’m on 60 mgs of adderall an need some reassurance of not doing more
Hi, that’s exactly how I started and I can promise you that it only gets worse...you’re going to develop a tolerance and from what you’re describing you already have...I’ve been abusing mine for 5 years and I’m always out a week or two into my prescription...it’s a very slippery slope...I’m currently taking the first break from Adderall in 5 years and I just tried meth for the first time and I’m ashamed...stick to your 60mg a day...your best bet is to take a break for a couple of weeks but don’t just stop without weaning you’re self fown by 10mg a day... I totally and completely understand where you are coming from and I promise you that it will get ugly if you continue to take more than you are prescribed...some people only take their script Monday through Friday and take a break on the weekends...how are you holding up?