• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Insane parents:/ ugh

I do agree with u that they are overly strict in my opinion weed itself is completely harmless and it would be safer to let u smoke at home so ur not getting high and driving or smoking in public. I feel u on the gossip thing im the family gossip my cousins are innocent (never done drugs don't drink dont believe in premarital sex)

I had a friend in HS who put a lock on his door.

It worked great because his siblings would try to steal money, drugs, and jewelry. His mother was not to fond of hard drugs, so that was problem solved.

After HS he did get a job and move out though.

Things might be a bit different if you discuss paying rent in exchange for a bit of privacy.

My ex wife's father unscrewed her bedroom door when she slammed it one too many times. The man was a genius

I feel u on the gossip thing im the family gossip my cousins are innocent (never done drugs don't drink dont believe in premarital sex)

Someone should start a "Black Sheep Appreciation Thread" on BL
i wont start it b/c my threads are never successful tho.
except for my "only live with 2 drugs" thread which got almost 500 replies i believe.

Two is such a hard choice.

But if the thread is good you should have the balls to start it.

Have experienced that phase too when dad gets too nosy. Kinda irritating but I've got through with it by moving out on my own.

I haven't been on bluelight for a while. I was away at a 28 day rehabilitation program. I happened to go to White Deer Run in Pennsylvania.

About a month and a half ago I was talking to my outpatient counselor who was amazing at his job. I mean the guy was on my side in the battle against my parents. He talked to them and he told me "You wanna know what I think will help you in your parents battle? You should go to this 28 day program in Lockport NY that's your town, you dot even have to leave down brother!" I was immediately on board.

So I went to this rehab in the Lockport Memorial hospital. It was a crazy experience, most people were there for heroin and they needed it. I made a bunch of friends at Reflections (name of facility). I was like the only meth head in there, and I gained a bunch of weight I lost tweaking everyday over the summer of 2014. I was eating such good food I got to order it everyday, whatever I wanted on the menu.

I met one of the best friends of my life in this place, his name I Andy. (He was obviously addicted to heroin, that's all people in the Buffalo NY region do.) He told me all about trips he had and I related allot to him. I got his number and we text each other everyday making sure we are both doing ok.

Ever sine I got out the problems with my parents have ceased to exist. I am allowed to do what I wish whenever, it is a total 180 in their attitude. I smoke reefer occasionally and the don't even mind. They also finally let me have my lighter when I go outside to smoke!!!!

Overall, the move by my counselor Nick was a great idea to help the situation. I really appreciate everything he did I help me, he really cares about his clients and makes sure he does the right thing for them.

Much love,
Joe D

I'm gonna give you some advice that you might not want to take. It worked for me but I'm an extreme person. I'm an asshole really. Please don't anybody get angry with me

[...]

Eventually my parents got used to everything.

Parents can be bad but if you take things up a notch they won't fret over little things anymore. I suggest you rub extremely bad behavior in their faces and desensitize them to it. If they're used to finding drugs all over the house they won't even bother searching your room anymore. Sure, they threatened to call the police but I knew better than that. If the police think you're dealing drugs in the house they can take the house from your parents. My dad being a cop was well aware of this and I knew he wasn't willing to risk it. Also, when my parents started asking for $200 a month I got really mad and told them that I would start selling drugs to cover the cost. My mother got angry and said she would call the police so I grabbed the phone like a smart ass and told her, "Here's the phone bitch. Go ahead. Call them! Just make sure you don't get pulled over one day with quarter pound of weed in your car when you're on your way to work."

Eventually, I did get kicked out. They had a cop come to the house thinking they could just evict me right then and there. Turns out they had to give me thirty days notice and they also had to go get a formal eviction notice. It was the best thing that ever happened to me to be honest. I came to realize I was just being extremely childish by staying at home and getting my way. It would have saved me a lot of heated arguments if I had just moved out after getting my job at the hospital.

This was possibly the least thoughtful advice I've ever heard, but damned if it isn't hilarious. If your parents are anything like mine, they may be overprotective and a little irrational, but they act like this because they love you. I'm 32, but I still shelter my dad from some of my behavior because I'm afraid the knowledge would just ruin him. I love him for how much he worries about me, and I wouldn't change him for anything. This type of love cannot be replaced. Praise Jesus ;)