• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Inocsistant respones to codeine and a few other questions

[sic]

I think if your using opiates for pain that is one thing and discussing about using codeine recreationally is very different. Codeine is definitely not a good medication to take for chronic abdnoimal pain especially if constipation is a causing a problem. Codeine is probably the most constipating opiate there is. Also if your exceeding your dosages of paracetamol in co-codamol preparations then you are putting your liver at risk even with small overdoses of paracetamol. Opiates can be very incredibly euphoric when used recreationally but, coming from a long-term ex-heroin addict stuck on methadone, opiate addiction can be very dark and ugly. I have met few people who have managed to control their recreational opiate use and have not eventually become physically dependent on them and it has pretty much destroyed my life as well as everyone else's who came into contact with me. So just a friendly word of caution!

Last edited:
This thread was very interesting read I have never gotten anything from codeine but im stim guy not a downers guy

I did doesn't mean I dont like stimulants now im clean from that shite im interested in trying codeine again as i have never been able to get anything from it the two times have tried it tom