• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Inocsistant respones to codeine and a few other questions

Mr.Giggles

Ex-Bluelighter
HI ive been on codeine (56 x 30 mg codeine phosphate tablets every 2 weeks) for years for painful chronic pain mains in my lower abdomen and it gives my bowl and urine movement a certain sting if im unlucky..

ANYWAY

I used to be a little out of control on codeine a year ago im sure even the most responsible useres have been their i was using more and more with increased tolerance now ive come a long way and cut my useage considerably but its weird though because some days ( and these do not follow the normal pattern of tolerance development or redevelopment ) I can take 30-60 mg and feel pretty much like the first time i took that dose nice and relaxed but ill take 150 mg (not took this much lately actually dont need it) and I wont feel much It just feels like somedays im super sensitive and some days im not when i first started using it (which was before i was prescribed it I used on occassion for comedown or just to get away from my stressful life and it was very consistant then even after my tolerance grew I pretty much could tell how strong my dose would be but now I cant because the same dose could be weaker or STRONGER its weird im 20 yrs old 6 foot mixed raced white guy but I think this sums up my question and any details one more thing I'd like to bring up that I find a bit strange...

sometimes I will take the cocodomal tablets because my prescription normally doesn't even arrive on time but anyway I seem to feel the co codomal more ill take like 4 or 8 carefull split so rougly 64 mg which feels stronger than taking 4 pure codeine tablets ( and i dont do this often because of the APAP obv I also drink loads of water and juice ) but as well as feeling the apap interfereing I feel like their is something in the co codomal not in the codeine phosphate that maybe isnt in the pure codeine or visa versa or maybe its in my head but i defo feel like that but the above question is of more importance to me.

Also as its good to read about drugs and find out about their effects long term and short term and all the trivia is their anywhere where i can learn some DETAILED information on codeine that isn't the same old leaflet info thanks.

If you're taking a lot of codeine you're gonna get constipated, is that not what's going on? :)

For best painkilling effect codeine needs to be paired with a NSAID like ibuprofen, codeine alone is actually very inconsistent and next-to-useless for pain treatment, that's why it's almost always compounded with APAP. And APAP (acetaminophen, Tylenol) has been shown to enhance the painkilling effects of codeine almost as well. (source: League Table of Analgesics)

The codeine wikipedia article is a good place to start looking, or do a search on PubMed if that's more your level.

as i said codeine ranges from very effective to semi effective no matter how many times ive had it so I thought maybe theirs something more I dont do I Cant think what though diet, lifestyle?? but codeine defo when it works give me enough pain releif Im also not sopposed to take apap ibuprof or the rest because of my sensitive spasmy stomach also no i defo dont have constipation as i said I have been on this medication for years and have much experience with it I just think maybe im doing something wrong this is a good place to get good infomation i really need to here from someone who has maybe had the same experience with this medication that I have? ive never been on pubmed either so ill give that a look anyway cheers.
Oh also sometimes I try stacking my doses and that seems to work better which is weird because ive read that it is more efficent to take the whole dose in one? hmm

Fuck off how has no one else replied to this its got some good potenial for us to share Harm reduction advise etc come on give me something guys

^ kinda grumpy for someone called Giggles ain't ya

but not sure why your responses to codeine are inconsistent. it could be something a simple as tolerance/dependency. the more you take them the less effective they'll be for you. and yeah, codeine is most effective when taken in a single dose, couldn't remember why so i used the search engine (pro-tip, most of your questions can be answered that way) and found out that
Codeine itself inhibits the enzyme that coverts it into morphine (it is a prodrug and is not active on its own). Although codeine-6-glucuronide (the primary metabolite) is active, you are going to want as much morphine as possible for maximum effect and given a half life of three hours, six hours before redosing is generally recommended.
but everyone's different init and there's tons of positive reports for stacking.

also i remember someone on here saying that when they use antihistamines for some relief from that intense codeine itch they find it dulls their euphoria. so if you take some antihistamines like citrizine with your codeine try to refrain until you think its peaked, whilst others like promethazine tend to be mixed in with codeine preparations (lean) and should be taken simultaneously.

taking different meds with codeine can really change the experience, there's a lot of arguments about whether grapefruit juice is a potentiater (can't remember, think it interferes with the conversion to morphine or something). there's a whole ton of inhibitors and potentitors so do you take any other meds with codeine? don't think APAP has any noted interactions but feel free to correct me.

and do you do CWE's when you take the co-codamols? cause some of the codeine can be lost in improper extraction.
check out the codeine megathread too, you'll likely find that your question has already been asked before.

hope that helps!

Last edited:
Dont be shy though if anyone else has got ote i just had my two monring tabs hours ago and think im just feeling them hmm got a bad pain on the bottom right of my back maybe my kidneys its nothing bad but just painful

Enemas work wonders for constipation.
As for codiene, not a clue. Never taken much other than tylenol 3 after dental work.

Check this out took like 7 tabs spread through the whole day and night and prob had to much to be able to comfortabley relax so went sleep (I dont like the nod)
so anyway woke up today about 6 hours ago and just had 1 tab and it felt like if not stronger than the whole dose i had yesterday I just had 2 more after eating cheesy crisps buiscuits and snacks im now gonna have 1 more and down my nourishment I just thought this was interesting and a good example of how wonky my tolerance can be.

^ might have been due to some stuff built up in your system but yeah, that's super weird- did you do anyything before you took that first tab like eat a big fatty meal or take othe r meds?

No the night before i cant remember what i ate ive actually not been eating much because ive not had as much of an appetite which is normal with my crohns no other medication the only other drugs I take is cannabis and not much of that at all and also the occasional ciggaratte I also like to listen to gaming music as well as normal music while high and not high to i guess just putting that out their

i guess its just one of life's great mysteries, have you mentioned it to your doctor? maybe you need to try a diff pain med

Nah actually I think my dose shoud be raised but because im so young yet I have chronic pain im scared they will take me off if i ask for more plus Ive been getting it from the same pharmacy for 2 years but the stupid routine means I have to order it then wait "3 days" but the stupid fukin bitches behind the desk, most of them are lazy as fuk who somehow end up losing the script or saying its with the doctor? why has the doctor not signed it when ive been out for 3 days I was meant to recieve my next one days ago and everyone acting like its no big deal when it happens everytime although the doctor said he would put me on "repeat prescription" the pharamacist gave me a piece of paper to tick and order it so I havent got my fingers crossed but if i do actually manage to get my meds on time instead of waiting around in pain having to take co codomal then I dont want to risk asking for more just yet ill just have to soldier through you know lol what annoys me though is I swear they keep losing my order (the desk people) then give me the run around or say its "with the doctor" and dont give me any specific time I think drug dealers are more effortful(if thats even a word lol) than these fukers its a disgrace and I hope other people with worse conditions than mine (god forbid) dont have to wait around on incompetent health staff.

The best was when this doctor who doesn't even know my history decided to deny me my prescription even though id already been on it for a year and a half and she didn't even know my history but knew I had chronic pain I told her it was none of her buisness im not her patient why is she tryna make life difficult for me just cus im young or something i didnt say that exactly but I think I actually shook her up by calling her unproffesional after storming in the clinic sharp as a knife and demanded her name and stuff in case I didn't recieve my meds that day she said right then they would be their in 5 hours I rang back when I got home 10 minutes later and they said it was already done I hate that fukin woman only pulling her finger out when she thinks her reputation is on the line sad that so many people with important jobs or even power the power to deny us our fukin meds and we have to rely on them thats messed up yo!

I dont mean to preach but now im started Ill also tell u guys I have a panic attack just thinking about getting my next order in even though i have permission off the doc(which i thought would be obvious cus ive been getting them for over 2 f-in years) and the arguments shouting and stuff I have to go through and then run back and forth to make sure the pharmacy and the desk people are communicating properly all while in pain usually made worse by the anxiety of going to that fukin place I Think cus im young and can hide my pain better than others they automatically challenge me at every corner like robots but I think im gonna put a proper complaint in next time it just aint on maybe when im older looking i wont have as much trouble who knows..:p on the plus side I have let off a bit of steam on here

Ok so update I had to redose and man did I have to use bit more this time but ive got their now I think Ive been taking 1 or two every twenty minutes and had to take about 6 or 7 plus what I took early morning (3-5?) so yh but lol after I typed "but" I just realised im feeling it a lot more I just took one more so dont think im ever gonna need more today

I just remembered when i first took them because I was scared of oding I actually stacked them then and defo had a lot better results I just come up with a little theory of mine(And Ive got loads lol) that the histamine release (for some people like myself) when you take a big dose all in one might make one feel edgy or maybe ruin the buzz but Ive heard most people are the opposite so I dont want to give out bad advice BUT for people like me it seems stacking is the way to go I can feel it now and its like my body has had time to gradually increase the drug in my body etc it isnt overwhelmed and i dont mean the blissful noddy overwhelmed I mean the not enjoyable anxious overwhelmed

Well I think I wrapped that up im off to enjoy my high and hope I can fix my playstation TTTTTTT.TTTTTT

THe HoRRIfyIng TRuth OF ImPERMANEnCe oF LiFEE is SImPlY BeyoND YouRS AnD My COMPRehEnSion ॐ معنى

666 I AM A VESSEL ॐ THE Void STAres BACk

Oh I JUST REMEMBERD one more detail about my codeine i think defo makes it stronger well if nothing else you get to taste the pure pill(if your taking pure tablets that is but this also works with co co but just be careful or para/ibo) take them without water seriously i mean drink water after but just put it on your tongue swallow it quickly but dont rush it just relax and swallow it naturally sort of work without your mouth muscles etc so you dont get it stuck and it should kick in stronger and faster obviously this is only advisable if you get the pure 30mg tablets I get you can do it with co codomal but you cant take as many as you want due to risk of death from para/iboprofen to anyone thats not tolerant or anyone who is but can still get something from codeine (I know a few myself) try taking some co co domal throughout the day start as small as possible and take 1 tablet every twenty minutes or so like this up to a maximum of four if its co codomal

but forget about co codomal unless your super sensitive or wanna do a cwe(most people I imagine) this works ALOT better with pure codeine as you can take as many as desired and if you metabolise them like me then taking 1 like this every 20 - 30 or even more time between or less as we are all different try it like this if you wanna take try it and I think you may be pleasently suprised it seems like such an obvious thing but i only just thought all my tablets today have been without water not immediatley after anyway but I will have water and sometimes a cup of tea but only have a cup of tea if atleast 10 minutes have passed and you feel the tab is safely down the hatch so not to burn your precious substance