• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
The muscle might swell up a bit large, but don't let it scare you... actually I have found a cold compress to be more helpful than heat; I had my entire forearm swell up once but after a couple days it was okay. Your body is just fighting off what it thinks is a foreign substance.

Yeah but the body fighting off a foreign substance is exactly what an infection is.

I do very much agree that cold compress would be more helpful than heat. The main thing however is to try to keep the area as clean as possible and keep a close eye out for the area becoming hot too the touch, outlined in bright red and the onset of a temperature/fever....

If this happens then anti-biotics are needed and medical help should be sought. If the OP desperately doesn't want the hospital to know he's been injecting then any old story could be concocted and they will treat the symptoms that present not the cause (whether they actually believe that a persons arm is swollen directly over a vein due to "cutting it on a can" is another matter :))

The muscle might swell up a bit large, but don't let it scare you... actually I have found a cold compress to be more helpful than heat; I had my entire forearm swell up once but after a couple days it was okay. Your body is just fighting off what it thinks is a foreign substance.

While in your case it may have been fine, I don't think it's a good idea to tell OP that no matter what, if it swells up it's fine. You can't guarantee that.

From a professional medical perspective and without seeing or knowing all of the details..what it sounds like is you may have gone thru the vein...if you got a flash of blood before you hit the plunger it sounds like you may have gone thru.. that would also explain the partial high and immediate initial swelling and the swelling after...the vein will sometimes continue to bleed under the skin without good pressure... it will also usually be pretty sore...another tell tale sign will be a bruise at the site.. sometimes it takes hours to show up... but again...i haven't seen the site so i can't say that's exactly what it is...as multiple people have said you should absolutely keep an eye on it... if after the cold compress a couple times if its still warm to the touch I'd go to the ER... get treatment before it gets really bad

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not but vitamin E works wonders on nasty scars at injection sites. Or even if you are currently an IV user like myself it helps keep my arms looking half ass normal.

Everythings all good. I think what actually happened was my shot got clogged up because the touriquette was still on and it expanded my vein (which would explain the visible bulge) it was sore for a while but it never got infected.

Im new to this and swim has questions!!!! Swim kept finding then losing their vein. Swim has too much blood to see if shes miaking or missing so swim emptied the syringe like a dumbass.... and now its difficult to reload... easiest way to finish off this hit with a syringe???

Hey swim has a question. .. and is impatient and needs an answer... can u help answer?

Although I'm sure you've done it by now, for future endeavors--mix a bit of water to dilute. Draw back up. Leave a bit of space so you can see when you register. Proceed as normal

This isn't instant messaging, not to be rude, but don't double post at 2 am demanding answers. When someone reads it they will respond. And "swim" isn't used here--super annoying and serves no purpose. Just say "I" ;). But welcome to BL.

^yeah be careful with that, I've blown out veins doing the same thing. For the sake of organizing OD a little bit more I'm going to merge this with the IV complications Megathread.

Can someone please explain. Registered while hitting but still missing a little bit

Hello fam, I am a long time user with 5+ years experience. That being said, my veins aren't as good as they used to be. I'm having a problem that when I hit, even though I pull back and the chamber fills up completely with dark red blood, once I am done doing the deed I get a tiny abcess and itch, alerting me that I missed part of the shot. This happens more often in the veins in my hands and forearm. Can anyone explain or help me know why I'm missing even though I seem completely registered? And how I can prevent this. Thanks.

Got a question. I recently got my dillies and got the right ones. Last month i had a differennt manufacturer and they sucked. Anyway last week i was in wd from running out early, imagine that so my first shot Sunday was the best ever. Rush lasted forever and peaceful bliss after. That night same thing. Early in week i was having hard time registering so i went to my fresh side and got beautiful backwash and def in and nothing. Slight chest warmth but thats it. I know its getting in cause i nod out like crazy about 20 min after. I tried raising dose and was pulling in same vein and nothing but nod. I was hoping to keep the dose low so i dont fing myself in situation of last month. Is it a pain receptor thing? Its not like i shoot all day. 2-3 times a day. I was so excited not only when i got the right manufacturer but that absolutley amazing one i had that morning. Im not stupid. I knew my tolerance was low and i wasnt gonna get that everytime but with these even if i get a partial hit it would always give me that opiate buzz in chest and headrush, then the nod but i go right into the nod. I like the peaceful nod and all but i just shot 24mg of dilaudid into my vein, and slight chest warmth. Maybe i am comparing it to Sundays shot but this isnt a mind game. Its pissing me off big timje so im seeking knowelage. Whats up with this? Can i do anything to potentiate this shit. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

The first one was like that cause you hadnt done any in a while. Just like a morning shot when dope sick

When you do it 2 and 3 times a day like clockwork you're just not going to experience a mind blowing rush and amazing high. If you want that, then take your meds "normally" for the most part, get used to THAT as your baseline, then once in a while IV your dose. Then you'll get the intense rush and high

But having seen your posts over several months, it's a pattern....go back and read your own posts and you'll see it clearly. You're just not going to get that rush every time when you're doing it several times a day .... Not with dope, not with dilaudid

@ closeau...smh :|

FFS, you promised you would not IV your pain meds again, but stick to your pain management protocol.

Suggestions? Stop looking for the buzz. Instead be thankful you have pain doctors who trust you to do the right thing.

This will not end well for you and you know it, my brotha.

Last edited:
I did still have the touriquette on at the time of injection
You should tear it off after you have registered to lower the pressure in the veins and allow liquid to enter the veins instead of being forced out into the connective tissue. If the pain gets worse within the next day, go to the ER. If the lump increases in size, go to the ER. If it doesn't, you will likely be fine. Inflammation is normal when missing a shot, so redness, swelling and pain won't be a sure sign for an actual infaction with pathogens. Some will advise you that if you want to be on the safe side, you should always go to the ER. While the statement may be true, it is just impractical andd unrealistic. I've missed hundreds of shots and while the following two days are extremely stressful on an emotional level (fear of infections), especially if you haven't used micron filters and injected street drugs or pills or if you have already had an abcess before, I've still been fine hundreds minus one times. There's always that first time. Enjoy being scared shitless until you know more! ;P

EDIT: Oh lol, that was an old post. :D

my big vein on top of my left forearm recently collapsed ALL the way from my elbow to my hand, and the vein that runs along the underside isn't in hot shape either but not totally collapsed. I've had cramping in my left hand and wrist that is getting increasingly more constant and uncomfortable and more widespread and it is a SLIGHTLY lighter colour than my unaffected hand.
should I be extremely worried? I'm paranoid that this is the start of gangrene. fuck. do y'all think it's super urgent that I see a doctor? it's friday ...ER or wait until next week? this just barely started not more than 2 days ago and is progressing pretty fast pain wise but I do tend to be quite the hypochondriac so I don't know. thoughts?

i recently got some screw on pins that my bro in law had from some stuff doctors gave him. some were pretty big and they left some purpleish marks where they went - hopefully that goes away but they were 20 gauge and 3 cc i think were for a muscle shot of a steroid of some sort. had some normalish size ones also thankfully like 26 gauge but both of them didnt screw on all the way. like always left a unit or two in the chamber. was wondering if this was normal ? i like the screw on tips but would prefer it air tight

i recently got some screw on pins that my bro in law had from some stuff doctors gave him. some were pretty big and they left some purpleish marks where they went - hopefully that goes away but they were 20 gauge and 3 cc i think were for a muscle shot of a steroid of some sort. had some normalish size ones also thankfully like 26 gauge but both of them didnt screw on all the way. like always left a unit or two in the chamber. was wondering if this was normal ? i like the screw on tips but would prefer it air tight

oh god I would not shoot up w/ 20g needles ...those are literally horse needles, and I should know as I've IVed a good bit w/ 20 or 22 gauge screw on needles and a 5ml syringe bought from Tractor Supply when I could not get rigs ...it always bled so much upon withdrawal I figured I was losing a good bit of the drug in that and often left bruises and swelling and I'm sure contributed to fucking up my veins. plus you can't get EVERYTHING out of a big syringe w/ a screw on pin like that unless you re-register after doing the shot and that's not good to do. never experienced having a whole couple units left in there so I can't speak to that, but I would advise you to if you can use something more in the realm of 28-31g to minimize damage.

oh god I would not shoot up w/ 20g needles ...those are literally horse needles, and I should know as I've IVed a good bit w/ 20 or 22 gauge screw on needles and a 5ml syringe bought from Tractor Supply when I could not get rigs ...it always bled so much upon withdrawal I figured I was losing a good bit of the drug in that and often left bruises and swelling and I'm sure contributed to fucking up my veins. plus you can't get EVERYTHING out of a big syringe w/ a screw on pin like that unless you re-register after doing the shot and that's not good to do. never experienced having a whole couple units left in there so I can't speak to that, but I would advise you to if you can use something more in the realm of 28-31g to minimize damage.

wasnt my first choice i assure you. currently using 30g. its not so much any units in the body just in the cap part really i guess, but definately not air tight either. and yea no more of the 20's didnt take long for that.

wasnt my first choice i assure you. currently using 30g. its not so much any units in the body just in the cap part really i guess, but definately not air tight either. and yea no more of the 20's didnt take long for that.

I always experienced having shit left in the cap part, that's what I was saying you can never get everything out unless you reregister which isn't good. just the nature of big syringes w/ screw ons IME. if it wasn't airtight then you wouldn't have the vacuum pressure to suck up the liquid. was that an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.