• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Injection; IV Complications and Info MEGATHREAD & FAQ III Vs I Want Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be an artery...what color was the blood? If it's a lighter color red it could be an artery...It's hard to answer questions like this with any certainty because there's a few different things that can cause the same symptoms. and we don't know exactly what you shot into.

MISSED HIT: Advice needed. Hi guys. I've been an IV user for a few years now, but only occasionally. I can't always hit myself so my friend was hitting me with morphine 60's (the light ones) last week and he missed two shots. (Not the whole shot). One on my hand and one in the crease of my elbow. They hurt and swoll up bad. It had been four to five days and the swelling had not gotten worse, but it hasn't gone down. So he massaged them with a hot rag and that helped.
The next day I started taking antibiotoics, doubled up my first dose, and I think the swelling might have gone down but its still not getting any better.
Now he missed some too, and his has gone away. I've had two seperate fevers of like 101-103 degrees a few days apart. (He has too on the same days as me.) I really don't know what I should do? (FYI my dumbass shot a quarter of a xanax awhile back and it took a while for it to heal and the swelling go down too.)
Is heat & massage bad for an infection? BC i don't know why it would still be swollen if it isn't infected? Should I go to the DR immediately? Should I go to the ER? I'm on my dad's insurance & i dont want to have to explain why i went to the ER. Is MEA ok too? Or will I be red flagged at all MEAs?
Please reply!!

Dors it hurt? Is it itchy and red? We're not doctors and we can't see what you're talking about, I don't think you're in imminent danger of dying, but I would definitely get it checked out...

Also, the person who shot you up doesn't sound like they're very adept with the needle. I'd donsider learning how to do it yourself, finding someone else who's better at it or stop playing with needles altogether....Pills are the worst thing to IV, some lend themselves to being IV better than others, but even those pills shouldn't really be IV's....If you're going to do, you should use the utmost precaution in regards to filtering and cleanliness practices.

Hello, I am new here so I apologize in advance if I am posting in the wrong place. I hadn't injected in over a year until yesterday when a friend did it for me (it was crystal meth) and there were no complications during other than he had trouble finding a vein as mine are tiny and tend to run. All I felt at the time was a bit of pressure. Even after it didn't immediately hit me until I drank a couple cups of water. Guess I was dehydrated. What I'm worried about is after about 10 minutes or so the injection site began to swell and became bruised. And not just a little bruise..it's about the size of a baseball and the lump is hard and painful and warm to the touch. My entire arm has been hurting since and I had a terrible headache all day yesterday. I tried researching it on the internet and am now really scared. There's no pus or anything like that. So it doesn't sound like an abcess. This has never happened to me in 10 years of injecting..

Last edited:
Hello, I am new here so I apologize in advance if I am posting in the wrong place. I hadn't injected in over a year until yesterday when a friend did it for me (it was crystal meth) and there were no complications during other than he had trouble finding a vein as mine are tiny and tend to run. All I felt at the time was a bit of pressure. Even after it didn't immediately hit me until I drank a couple cups of water. Guess I was dehydrated. What I'm worried about is after about 10 minutes or so the injection site began to swell and became bruised. And not just a little bruise..it's about the size of a baseball and the lump is hard and painful and warm to the touch. My entire arm has been hurting since and I had a terrible headache all day yesterday. I tried researching it on the internet and am now really scared. There's no pus or anything like that. So it doesn't sound like an abcess. This has never happened to me in 10 years of injecting..

Sounds like he missed bad.

Dors it hurt? Is it itchy and red? We're not doctors and we can't see what you're talking about, I don't think you're in imminent danger of dying, but I would definitely get it checked out...

Well, the one on my hand is light pink now, it was brighter pink earlier this week. Its definitely gone down since it happened. Its barely there compared to how it was. And the one in the crease of my elbow is normal skin color and its gone down a little bit since yesterday. I took 1000mg amoxicillin before bed and kept heat on them and massaged both of them for about 15 min each.. Im gonna continue the 1000 mg amoxicillin per day. Thanks for your reply. && sorry if im posting in the wrong forum

much love light & blessings to you guys <3

No, this is the right forum...Good luck with it.....treating yourself with antiobiotics may not be the best idea, especially if you don't have enough of them to fully knock out the infection, you still might wanna have it looked at by a professional....

Pills are the worst thing to IV, some lend themselves to being IV better than others, but even those pills shouldn't really be IV's....If you're going to do, you should use the utmost precaution in regards to filtering and cleanliness practices.

Yeah I wasnt really the cleanest about it. Now i"ve read up about that so defintitely will be extra careful. Yeah and see these new morphines are not the old regular darker red, they are light light light peach or something. and one friend says you have to bake them. so we bake them and they dont gel up if you do it fast enough. this other dude just cooks them in a spoon then cools off the pull and goes for it. they arent as gelly as the gelly oc's, but i can tell when i put a piece in my mouth that it wasnt all the way powder, it wanted to try to gel like the oc's do now. so maybe thats why it lingers so long? but like i said, his cleared up, so who knows.

Well i have a whole bottle of amoxicillin & like 6 bottles of doxycicline or however thats spelled. Yeah i know... :/ Im gonna take the whole bottle of amoxicillin & see what happenes. not at once of course lol

Thanks for replying..I think you're right. I took some Benedryl last night and two more this morning. The pain has subsided some and the swelling seems to have gone down. Think I'll stick to smoking from now on..

Possible Phlebitis Near Injection Sight

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc433/DougW2113/20130817_092705_zps48d39835.jpg

Injection Site (yes, I know it's not pretty).

The last shot I did was about 26 hours ago (shake-n-bake powdered methamphetamine), and until I just started typing this sentence, the knotted up area was down on my forearm, but the swelling has gone down a bit now and has worked it's way up into the crook of my elbow at the injection sight.

When I first tried to hit I had to pull out and move it a little but on the way out I knicked a vein or an artery cause a minute amount of blood shot up the rig from the little I had pulled back trying to hit. I was pulling out and I had to just barely knick it, so there wasn't enough blood to really tell if it was an artery or vein.

I just don't understand how the swollen area could have popped up further away from my heart if it was a vein. I know it wasn't a missed shot because there was no pain when I pushed the plunger down.

If anyone has any insight into this/advise with dealing with it, it would be greatly appreciated.

You shot shake-and-bake meth? Lmfao, idk kid.. That's pretty dumb. I wouldn't redo that.

Thanks for your invaluable insight. Whatever would I have done without that assessment? YOU ARE A GOD AMONGST POSTERS! A BEACON OF LIGHT IN THE NAME OF HR!

And really? Kid? Don't make me beat you with my cane lmao.

sounds to me like you made a hole in the vein going thru it, then when you did your shot it ended up leaking out somewhere. when i had a situation like u said, where u miss but some blood shoots in as u pull the rig back out, i always had to find another spot to avoid having an issue.

its too hard to tell whats going on by just looking a tthose photos. i hope your okay tho... i dont know much about meth and dont know what shake and bake meth is.

Shake and bake method is throwing a bunch of shit in one pot and hoping you end up with a little bit of meth. It's a waste of puedoephedrine and a synthesis(if you can call it that) used by people who look for an easy way to get meth who basically have no fuckin clue what they're doing, and can't be bothered to learn.

I would have nothing to do with shake and baking, and definitely wouldn't put it in my body, let alone straight into a vein.

And that's just dandy for you; you don't have to be an arrogant asshole and think you're omnipotent of all. If you are implying that I'm a dumbass tweaker that has no fucking clue what he's doing...I'm not the motherfucker doing it.

I'm not gonna take the time to try and justify the shit as it is really not a good thing. The thing is, is that I asked what could possibly have happened, and you didn't even address that. You simply came in and insulted me like a know-it-all little shit. Real good shit on a HR website - some prick that doesn't answer the question, but calls you a dumbass instead of trying to help.

I'm not even gonna get into the things that heroin and cocaine are cut with, but still get blasted withing >90% using cotton filters.

Thank you slum for actually addressing the question. It seems like that is the most probable situation. The swelling is mostly gone, but the veins still feel hard.

I'm not a fucking doctor dude. I dont know how to diagnosis it. If you want harm reduction advice, don't use shake and bake meth. It can not only save your life, it can save someone else's life by reducing the demand for the product. Teach them the Nagai reduction; shake and bake bottles are ticking time bombs. And I don't know what's greater than 90% or why you brought up a cotton filter, but ok fine sir. Get blasted as you say.

Dangerous of making it, let alone using the actual product.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GMahrNxX0ug

Shake and bake is dodgy but the actual synthesis is sound. Actually modified one pot birch. It's just dangerous how its performed. And the fact that most don't extract their feedstock, just crush pills and throw them in.

OP go to the hospital if you are worried. Good luck man.

I don't see that picture you put up. Not working.

Anyway, if it was an artery, you'd know it. It is incredibly painful.

Sounds like a miss.. even though you said you didn't feel any pain. Only a little bit could have been missed, but with the particular batch and it's quality, it was enough to cause problems.

Keep alternating between hot compress for 20 minutes and ice pack to remove swelling.

If it starts to get any worse, definitely go see a doctor. Swelling should go down a lot after a day or two. If it doesn't go down and starts getting hot, etc, it might be infected.

Status
Not open for further replies.