• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Injecting Tap Water

See that's why I was saying I didn't know whether or not there was any truth to it - I just remember reading it somewhere. Think fluoride was one of the additives I read mentioned added to household drinking water but I get what ur saying. I'm off now to fill 2 glasses of water - 1 frm the bath taps, 1 frm the kitchen taps & take the taste challenge 😂

Each building has a water main, which is where all of the water comes in from the municipal water supply (unless you live out in the country and have a well). The water is treated and additives like fluoride and chlorine are added at the water treatment plant. All of the water that comes out from anywhere in your house, and every other house in the area, is all the same.

Older UK houses will have storage tanks for the hot water taps and in some cases bathroom cold taps as well, the water in the tanks are usually covered with a layer of filth mixed with decaying rat/fur, I can't imagine the myriad of infections you'd get from injecting that.

Eventually, once kava starts working- peace at last.

I can feel it coming.
Thanks again and good luck with the cocktail. I don't believe in an afterlife though, and since i also have philosophical tendencies i can argue the topic with you until i die lol. Acting warm and human is something which is (sometimes) in itself desireable, no need for an afterlife to entice me. But then again, we'll find out who was right some day, eh?

Whether or not there is any truth in this - I heard its better to use tap water frm the bathroom as opposed to kitchen sink drinking water as there are additives put in drinking water to make it safer to drink.
I used bathroom tap water, not sure if there is any difference between bathroom and kitchen tap water over here. It just seems prohibitively expensive to build two separate sets of water delivery systems just so the city could have marginally different water for people's bathroons and kitchens, right? And nah, the needle exchange didn't have any sterile water. Figures. I'll get some from the pharmacy today, won't be injecting unboiled water any time soon lol

OP - just monitor the injection site for signs of infection and seek medical help if any emerge (discouration, pain, redness, swelling, not healing, discharge etc).

Every day thousands of IV drug users all over the world mix their hit with tap water with no ill effects.

in the past I’ve done it hundreds of times in public restrooms and never got an infection. I knew a girl who would often draw water straight from toilet cistern if too many people around. She survived unharmed.

But don’t make a habit of it

I think in short, tap water is often fine for injection. If we're doing this all "by the numbers" the truth is, that I think most water, straight from the tap, is probably pretty harmless within the continental United States, Europe et cetera. The thing is, as others have indicated, our water supply is far from guaranteed. We're all familiar with Flint and their bullshit trials and that is in the developed world people.

This is why proper injection technique is required every time. We can debate this and that of course, but the truth is that you should at the very least boil your water prior to injection. Boiling will not, however remove elements like say Manganese, which turned my grandmother's water orange for three straight weeks.

Desperation is what leads to breakdown in injection technique which is why everyone has to do their very best to utilize harm reduction services in their areas. Even the most conservative areas of our nation are now offering services like clean rigs and such. Don't let laziness be the cause of your abscess, that's all I'm saying. If it's mother nature, well, sometimes your number just comes up.

Each building has a water main, which is where all of the water comes in from the municipal water supply (unless you live out in the country and have a well). The water is treated and additives like fluoride and chlorine are added at the water treatment plant. All of the water that comes out from anywhere in your house, and every other house in the area, is all the same.
Partly true. But the piping play's a role.

Think about the Lead pipes in older building's, sometimes school's. My water although the same as 70 km further up. Comes through old pipes, from back when the used Asbest a lot. So my water contains particles of Asbest.

Yea guys, I don't wanna be that douchebag, but the infrastructure situation in this country is at about critical mass. I'm pretty sure MOST of our bridges are deficient. Lead pipes are better than no pipes, I... guesss.... Don't get me wrong, I think Donald Trump is a buffoon, an ape, an idiot. I also think Joe Biden is senile, past his prime, and incapable of being a true leader of this country. I think we're seriously fucked to be quite honest.

What makes Evian taste so good btw.

Is that in my head or is it really better tasting. Our water refinery, which refines water several country's dumped there trash and sewers in.

When it arrives, mind that all the medicin and shit like PPOA cannot be taken out. A good dosage of teflon or GenX is added. The Dupon factory lay's next to our national water supply and refinery. :ROFLMAO: