• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Injecting Tap Water

Abusername

Greenlighter
I live in a 1st world country with safe-to-drink tap water, so naturally in my infinite wisdom, yesterday i decided to shoot up using unboiled tap water due to a lack of saline, and IQ. The latter is evident because i've been throwing up today. Not a lot, not that often, but regularly. Once while i tried to eat in the morning and the second time like 2 hours after eating. I've last thrown up an hour ago, so i'm just waiting for the next batch of puke to be ready.
Is the vomiting because of the tap water i injected, or is there another cause? Is this even something that can happen?

Uh... just because you're in the first world doesn't mean your tap water is safe to drink lol... see flint Michigan or ranger Texas....
I know for a fact it's safe to drink because i've been drinking it nearly every day since i was 3. So it's probably not outright toxic, but is it possible for perfectly drinkable and clean tap water to cause vomiting like 12 hours after injection?

So it's probably not outright toxic
Any non independently treated publicly supplied drinking water is definitely toxic, outright is a relative term. Anything outrightly toxic would be fatal given a sufficient dose. Tap water not at least carbon filtered, your body is simply continually accumulating toxins but able to detox a bit, we are all growing incresingly toxic with age and ever increasing environmental toxicity.

I have never injected myself any how, but I reason that sterility is paramount. Boiled, distilled, bottled at least but straight public tap water still carries tonnes of toxicity.

Pathogens can't entirely be ruled out. It is likely a strong detox reaction you are having, which is something to be thankful for as it is your body's way of saving your ass every time.

The process is working. I hope it eases soon. Try not to fret over it, or overthink it.

The water simply wasn't clean enough for your blood without the body's detoxification system to clean it up first and remove the toxins via liver, skin and lungs.

Hope you feel better very soon. I don't need to say do I lol, best avoid that again.

I used tap water in a rush to feel well and that night I had brain zaps . It happened twice so I blame the water.
Even with treated water it can still carry bacteria.

I hope you feel better and next time boil it.

I know for a fact it's safe to drink because i've been drinking it nearly every day since i was 3. So it's probably not outright toxic, but is it possible for perfectly drinkable and clean tap water to cause vomiting like 12 hours after injection?

Water that is safe for ingestion is not necessarily safe for injection. A basic flash boil will help, but is not guaranteed to remove all pathogens.

Bacteriostatic water with a saline content that matches your blood should always be used for IV to minimise the risk of bacterial infections and cell damage by osmosis.

Any non independently treated publicly supplied drinking water is definitely toxic, outright is a relative term. Anything outrightly toxic would be fatal given a sufficient dose. Tap water not at least carbon filtered, your body is simply continually accumulating toxins but able to detox a bit, we are all growing incresingly toxic with age and ever increasing environmental toxicity.

I have never injected myself any how, but I reason that sterility is paramount. Boiled, distilled, bottled at least but straight public tap water still carries tonnes of toxicity.

Pathogens can't entirely be ruled out. It is likely a strong detox reaction you are having, which is something to be thankful for as it is your body's way of saving your ass every time.

The process is working. I hope it eases soon. Try not to fret over it, or overthink it.

The water simply wasn't clean enough for your blood without the body's detoxification system to clean it up first and remove the toxins via liver, skin and lungs.

Hope you feel better very soon. I don't need to say do I lol, best avoid that again.
Yeah, the water was just regular tapwater, definately not independently treated. I did filter the water thru a sterifilt filter, but those don't remove bacteria, so i reckon that did fuck all. Thanfully the vomiting has seemingly stopped. I'm about to eat an enormous pizza so i pray it doesn't come back lol
Thanks for the kind words though, friend. I have something neurologically wrong with me because any time i don't have a nearly full stomach i start experiencing some truly nightmarisg symptoms, which are sometimes also triggered by vomiting. So far they've not been triggered, so it's as comfortable a way as can be to find out how badly i fucked up lmao

I used tap water in a rush to feel well and that night I had brain zaps . It happened twice so I blame the water.
Even with treated water it can still carry bacteria.

I hope you feel better and next time boil it.
Yeah, i used tap water because i got back from the needle exchange and just couldn't wait to get saline from the pharmacy. Moments of weakness, eh? But thanks for the reply!

Water that is safe for ingestion is not necessarily safe for injection. A basic flash boil will help, but is not guaranteed to remove all pathogens.

Bacteriostatic water with a saline content that matches your blood should always be used for IV to minimise the risk of bacterial infections and cell damage by osmosis.
Bacteriostatic water specifically? I hear it's expensive and doesn't actually have that much water in it, affecting drug solubility. Is something like just saline fine?

Whether or not there is any truth in this - I heard its better to use tap water frm the bathroom as opposed to kitchen sink drinking water as there are additives put in drinking water to make it safer to drink. Saying this, I don't mean just inject it straight frm the tap, I'm talking about heating it also to dissolve say #3 heroin to the point where the water is bubbling, I guess boiling point or close to it. Like I say, whether there is truth in it or not, I'm not sure, just remember reading it somewhere

Yeah, the water was just regular tapwater, definately not independently treated. I did filter the water thru a sterifilt filter, but those don't remove bacteria, so i reckon that did fuck all. Thanfully the vomiting has seemingly stopped. I'm about to eat an enormous pizza so i pray it doesn't come back lol
Thanks for the kind words though, friend. I have something neurologically wrong with me because any time i don't have a nearly full stomach i start experiencing some truly nightmarisg symptoms, which are sometimes also triggered by vomiting. So far they've not been triggered, so it's as comfortable a way as can be to find out how badly i fucked up lmao

Yeah, i used tap water because i got back from the needle exchange and just couldn't wait to get saline from the pharmacy. Moments of weakness, eh? But thanks for the reply!

Bacteriostatic water specifically? I hear it's expensive and doesn't actually have that much water in it, affecting drug solubility. Is something like just saline fine?
Dont you get vials of sterile water in ur packs frm the needle exchange? I know we do in the UK. Get a pack of 10 needles, 10 cookers w/filters, 10 alcohol swabs, 10 citric acid sachets & 10 vials of sterile water

Whether or not there is any truth in this - I heard its better to use tap water frm the bathroom as opposed to kitchen sink drinking water as there are additives put in drinking water to make it safer to drink. Saying this, I don't mean just inject it straight frm the tap, I'm talking about heating it also to dissolve say #3 heroin to the point where the water is bubbling, I guess boiling point or close to it. Like I say, whether there is truth in it or not, I'm not sure, just remember reading it somewhere

Er, excuse me if I'm mistaken, but the water that ends up in your bog is exactly the same as the water that comes from your taps.

Most properties only have one mains water inlet that feeds all of the cold taps and toilets.

Er, excuse me if I'm mistaken, but the water that ends up in your bog is exactly the same as the water that comes from your taps.

Most properties only have one mains water inlet that feeds all of the cold taps and toilets.
I know right. WTF is that guy thinking. There's only one water line coming into my house as well so the toilet, the sinks. the washing machine and the bathtub all get the same water.

See that's why I was saying I didn't know whether or not there was any truth to it - I just remember reading it somewhere. Think fluoride was one of the additives I read mentioned added to household drinking water but I get what ur saying. I'm off now to fill 2 glasses of water - 1 frm the bath taps, 1 frm the kitchen taps & take the taste challenge 😂

Shit I have shot up from the tap for 23 years and not got sick , so don’t think there’s any reason to think it’s not ok to use tap water .

I know right. WTF is that guy thinking. There's only one water line coming into my house as well so the toilet, the sinks. the washing machine and the bathtub all get the same water.
Hey like I said it's just what I read & said I didn't know whether there was any truth to it... what u think I am, a plumber or something? 😂

Shit I have shot up from the tap for 23 years and not got sick , so don’t think there’s any reason to think it’s not ok to use tap water .
Yeah I've used it plenty of times but it always gets well heated/boiled as we get afghan #3 here in UK so needs to be heated to break down the H with citric acid added

Nah , very rarely heated it most of it was dilaudid and the stuff just dissolves really well in cold water . Low points of water usage I have sucked up water off my windscreen a few times just filter out the smashed bugs lol

When I was doing IV cocaine (in the 80s) I always used tap water, never boiled or filtered. This was in Knoxville, TN, not a particularly clean town.
Never had a problem.....except with the coke addiction, of course.
I guess I was just lucky.

See that's why I was saying I didn't know whether or not there was any truth to it - I just remember reading it somewhere. Think fluoride was one of the additives I read mentioned added to household drinking water but I get what ur saying. I'm off now to fill 2 glasses of water - 1 frm the bath taps, 1 frm the kitchen taps & take the taste challenge 😂

Yeh, fluoride is added in the water treatment plant, not in your kitchen 😀

It can be a parasite contamination. That's the major infectant in undestilated water. Anyway, you should know parasite infections by IV use are mostly correlated with poor hygiene, as your skin has thousands of fungi and levedures in it. So by thinking straight in your mindset at the moment, it might not be the water somehow. If the water itself was so bad in a infected way, it should also cause you to puke by drinking it aswel. And to add the last, but not least, it can be an electrolitic imbalance, too much Cl or deffenlly to much of Mg (wich in high doses cause nausea, diarreha and vomiting).
Just don't do it again, and if you boil it, do it only one time. Boiling two or more times can cause a big eletrolitic imbalance, wich can be very toxic.
Be safe man, I hope it helps you. Also, if you stay still feeling bad, go to hospital. Please.