• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Info/help: Is it possible to re-use H when you've already tried to shoot it & failed?

^ If you keep doing this inevitably you will get a dirty hit and you will regret it. Espcially re-using old moist cottons.

Anyways man you worry me, obviously dont have any idea about this at all. How would you be unknowingly keeping your shit clean? Man you can get away with it, but your damaging yourself.

Do you realise what you're actually risking? Dont you realise the types of infection you could sustain from doing this type of shit? A member of bluelight went through HELL due to a spinal infection from accidently introducing bacteria to his bloodstream, this dude went through hellish pain for a LONG time before it was even diagnosed. But my point is your not merely just risking two hours of feeling like death(dirty hit). Dont you realise some of the implications of introducing living organisms into your body? And not just that, but you do realise theres a multitude of possible FUCKED up things that could happen to you as a result of injecting organisms and or clotted blood. It's not like your purely just risking some cotton fever, or that what your doing is benign because you've been insanely lucky. It's not at all, you've just been lucky. Your risking so much more than you're even aware of, stupid as fuck.

It's fucking serious man, you have no idea what you're even risking do you? Kinda pisses me off, people like you give injecting drug users a bad name. Take some responsibility and educate yourself. lol and i just realised you're the same dude who has no veins left anywhere and gets his dealer to hit his jugular...lol

Last edited:
dude you need to shut the fuck up, I don't know what the fuck you were doing to get your drugs, but i guess unlike you my days consisted of hustling all day to get money, buying drugs, doing said drugs outdoors in the cuts somewhere, and repeat, and thats usually all my mind thought about, never was it like get money, get drugs, think about the harmful side affects that could come from shooting, do some research, waste time and actually go out and buy those stupid fucking micron filters, and then finally sit down and do drugs, and maybe your loaded with cash but im not, i have to make what i have last asshole, so yes i reuse EVERY damn needle i get, and yes i RE SHOOT BLOODED DOPE, and NO nobody has EVER told me about the shit i read on this site NOR has any of my friends ever experienced ANY of the shit i see here. in fact in the 5 years ive used IV the only complications Ive ever had was ODing cuz i relapsed (13 times) and poor blood circulation in my hands and no more veins to hit. SO YEAH I GOT LUCKY, AND I REALIZE I WAS NAIVE, BUT NO ONE EVER EDUCATED ME ON ANYTHING I LEARNED IT ALL BY MYSELF> THE ONLY REASON I EVER FOUND THIS SITE WAS CUZ I TRIED TO FIGURE OUT IF YOU COULD IV SUBS, and back then EVERYBODY said no, and i didn't listen and shot up tons of it like YOU GUYS ARE ALL MORONS, so I never came back till Feb to look into finding new veins to hit. and that when I came across the harm reduction part of the site, and ive been slapping myself in the face for how dumb ive been, but i dont need you telling me that dude, so seriously go fuck yourself. thanks

Sorry, maybe it's a stupid question to ask but I'm not in America... How is it possible not to get a new filter for each use? Cigarettes may be bought anywhere and while cigarette filters aren't the best choice, I don't really believe all of you use micron filters to filter the solution after boiling either heroin freebase with an acid in water or heroin salt in water to get rid of most bacteria. Other sources of cotton (this filtering process is actually to make the solution clear and get rid of any undissolved particles, cotton is enough for this) are cosmetic pads (and they actually make one lose less of the solution filtered because they're flat unlike cigarette filters which BTW are torn apart and a small ball is made with fingers and I can imagine how most of the time fingers aren't clean). Watch out for WOOL. It's not always 100% cotton. Back in the days I did an experiment filtering a solution with suspended particles and 50% cotton wool let a lot of particles run through it (it wasn't heroin citrate/acetate after boiling heroin freebase with citric/acetic acid but I don't think I need to show a picture of a spoon after filtering and how much shit is left over undissolved).

Also, I must say that the style of life one lives plays a crucial role in maintaining good health during the addiction. In my 7-year long opioid addiction I used street brown powder with heroin freebase content up to 20% for 9 months. And as I compare this phase of my addiction with the phase when I mostly used morphine from ampules and lab grade semi-synthetics, I got veins inflammation much more often when I used heroin. When I used morphine from ampules, I'd very rarely get such a condition. But it's obvious when you use a solution from an ampule, you don't need to filter anything so things like touching filters with dirty fingers don't happen at all. All you do is pour some salicylic spirit over a cotton pad or spray isopropyl alcohol over the spot and wiping it with a pad ONCE IN ONE DIRECTION. Never do it like you cleaned your floor with a rag. I know most people probably know it but just reminding people who just started i.v.'ing (and this is the most harm reduction such a person will take and won't listen to long-term users who suffer from it now) or intend to do it.

Thought I'd add my 2c. Again I don't recommend doing what I do, specially cuz it sounds like you probably still have good veins unlike me, so getting yourself should be easy. If you're having trouble it's probably down to your technique. Nowadays I end up shooting congealed stuff pretty often, it often takes me the best part of an hour to get it all in. I don't recommend alcohol, it makes blood coagulate, so not only will it not help much with what you already have but new blood that you draw up will clot almost instantly too, also it stings pretty bad going in and can cause a reaction which can mess up ur hit too.
As for the bacteria thing, if you have a sterile syringe and clean your site before pinning, not much bacteria will get in to begin with, and they don't multiply THAT fast, they won't colonise the entire syringe in 10-15 min. If you reheat it, being sticky, more particles like dust and such could stick to it while it's out in the open, maybe that could cause a bad hit. The bigger risk is blood clots, those can really mess you up.
Personally, even though I injected congealed stuff loads of times I never had a bad hit, least not in the sense the other guys describe. I've had horrible headaches and nausea+vomiting the following day but I had this happen after having a few clean hits in one day too.
Conclusion : if you feel you have to, and you have good veins, get a large barrel, add enough water to make it lowest viscosity u can, adding a bit of citric might help too, gently heat, draw through a filter

It's already been recommended, but use it nasally ASAP after failed IV. I personally find plugging is much less cost efficient, probably due to chronic constipation, & seems to have. The biggest issue with nasal use, my route (in solution as I can only get freebase here), is over acidification which really burns. But if you're desperate, it works. Plugging would definitely the safest though. I personally wouldn't waste it.