L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

inconsistant sex???

aaronbarber

Greenlighter
My wife tends to turn on and off like crazy!!!one week we have sex daily...then nothing for a week or two at a time....is this normal?

Maybe it is a hormone issue. Fluctuations in hormone levels could explain why during some periods of time she is all for it and other periods of time, not so interested. Would suggest getting some bloodwork done. How old is she? It can actually affect women of all ages but is more common in some.

Um.. bloodwork? ^ That seems kind of invasive and unnecessary.

OP, would you rather have sex everyday or once every two weeks? I don't understand what you're complaining about.

Bloodwork is absolutely the first place to start. Hormone issues are so incredibly problematic and common! Easy to address as well!

What a stupid idea. Hey babe, your hormones are all over the place. I want consistent sex everyday. Go get your blood drawn at the hospital.

There are HEALTH concerns aside from sexual issues that are very subtle but devastating to a person, very often mentally, causing issues with energy levels and mood, and really an amazing amount of other things that can be affected. For a partner that I loved, and was concerned about, yes I would suggest this ABSOLUTELY.

There is NO downside to having hormone levels tested! Jeez.

:sus:

Right, she sounds incredibly mentally disturbed based on one sentence. Definitely needs a blood test.

OP, would you rather have sex everyday or once every two weeks? I don't understand what you're complaining about.

OP is asking a straightforward question - it's not hard to understand. The fact that you interpreted this as nothing but complaining speaks volumes.

What a stupid idea. Hey babe, your hormones are all over the place. I want consistent sex everyday. Go get your blood drawn at the hospital.

I don't understand why you felt the need to post such a condescending reply? You are not only attacking the posters that have taken time to contribute, but you are also attacking the OP.

Right, she sounds incredibly mentally disturbed based on one sentence. Definitely needs a blood test.

That is not what was said in that post. You are failing to comprehend things, and firing back with ridiculous replies. You are being unnecessarily rude and unreasonable IMO. If you have a point, perhaps try making it in a mature manner. You have contributed nothing to this thread, except to attack others and attempt to invalidate the OP's question.

Anyway, OP - just have a chat to your girlfriend. I don't really think there's such a thing as "normal" - libido varies so widely, and is influenced by so many factors. Many things can contribute to loss of sexual desire. It may be hormonal, but it very well could be something as simple as stress or fatigue some weeks. If it's something that concerns her, then she may wish to look into it further (making lifestyle changes, going down the medical route etc. etc.). To be honest, in this instance it doesn't sound like too much of a serious issue, but if it's concerning you then speak with her about it.

Absolutely..

I find it hard to believe that you find it so odd pretty diamonds.

It is a very routine and common thing to have a blood draw done for hundreds of different reasons. Obviously you are very young and have never been pregnant for you to be so appalled by a simple blood test..no offense. And abnormal hormone levels do affect a lot of women and is a very common issue. And its not just about sex.
Thanks Morphling, I was just so surprised by such a response by that suggestion.

And yes OP, it could definitely be other things, something as simple as fatigue and stress. No worries. I just know that if a woman goes to a doctor and states that their desire for sex fluctuates frequently like you stated then the very first thing they will suggest is a blood test to check hormone levels., which is honestly not a big deal.

Last edited:

Oh goodness. That made me laugh, actually. :)

'Disturbed,' no. Depressed, and exhausted, yes it is possible. I've been through it, personally. Like millions of other people. Yes, sexual symptoms and libido are absolutely a HUGE sign of wonky hormone levels. How many times do we have to say that?

Yeah, I thought it was funny too.

The OP is asking for opinions--I gave mine. I also gave my opinion on another user's suggestion.

Maybe it was your opinion...but I think you misunderstood...and your opinion certainly wasn't helpful to anyone.

Lol... In a mood tonight, are we?? Maybe you should get yours checked dear! ;) (now I'm just teasing you!...don't rip my head off for it)

Well...i am 29 and my wife is 26.i have had bloodwork done and my testosteron was way low so i now get a shot once a week,but i dont think she has ever had any bloodwork done......regardless this has been a problem for years! I just don't understand how she cant get enough for like three or four days....then for the next two or three weeks act like she wants nothing to do with it!!!! I have always been faithful to my wife,but i have to say sometimes it is not easy!!

So you're considering cheating on her when she doesn't have sex with you for a couple of weeks but gives you crazy daily sex sometimes?

Hmm..yep..now is definitely time to bring the attitude in and put it to use..I agree pretty diamonds.

OP..well that sounds like kind of an shitty idea..29? Well, now I'm so annoyed I'm better off just keeping my opinions to myself.

I never said (consider) i said it is not easy! There are many things to consider in a relationship other than sex. But i do have a high sex drive and that is somthing that i just can't help...