• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Inability to feel pleasure from opiates anymore. What might have caused this?

@DeathIndustrial88 Is 100% correct your frequency of use especially Fentanyl is going to cause a slow but inevitable tolerance increase.

Only way to avoid tolerance increase is once a month use meaning a 3-4 day binge of 240mg of oxy or an NMDA Antagonist. I've seen non tolerant people use 5mg doses on day 1-2 then require -10mg doses by day 3-4 & hence using an NMDA Antagonist is preferable.

if someone actually figured out a simple answer to the question, like, "stop eating oats on Tuesdays and you'll get high as fuck again."
You should most definitely stop eating oats, they're quite unhealthy because of the hexaphosphate your body can't absorb the minerals and vitamins in the oats. It's just sugar, more or less.

Not touching your actual issue with a 20-foot pole.

Sigh. I think I'm just going to stop responding to people in this thread. People obviously aren't reading my posts, or if they are, they don't seem to be able to understand what I'm saying. "The euphoria goes away and you just get the sedation," yes, I am aware of how opiates, tolerance, sensitization, etc. work, and for the 40th time, this isn't what I'm experiencing. But obviously people don't want to acknowledge that and seem content to just project their own experiences all over mine. I've been using opiates maybe 2-3 times a week after being completely abstinent from 2018 until February 2021.

If you're interested in having an actual scientific conversation about sensitization and downregulation & how that could relate to what I'm experiencing, I'd be more than happy. But from what I'm reading in your reply it seems like you either don't have a rudimentary understanding of pharmacology/pharmacokinetics, or you haven't even read my post. Also if you think that even the most insanely ridiculous kratom habit would produce more than a negligible effect on someone's fentanyl tolerance then idk what to say, but certainly the 5 grams of kratom I dose every other friday isn't going to do much. Plus fentanyl's hardly even euphoric in the first place.
I am experiencing a very similar situation. My mom's dog has been totally sober from all opiates (fent was her most recent, 4 years of use in a total of 8 years using opiates), for about 8 months. She's been smoking weed, that's it, for that long. A few nights ago, she wanted to get a little loopy but nothing she got in the opiate family did a bit of anything. No pain relief. No euphoria. Not even sedation. She was never a big user and though daily for a few years, was always a light user, less than a half g a day, of whatever she used. She never hit "rock bottom" and it never affected her life negatively because she was lucky enough to have it under control. Getting off was easy - she's not even sure it was fent the last few months of her use due to the shitty stuff coming through LA. She's desperate to get just one night of relaxation, and nothing has worked. Has she messed her brain chemistry up forever? Does she need anesthesia or something? Cause all the other things - oxys, opanas, H, etc. do absolutely nothing.