• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

In my head i deny using codeine can be harmless prove me right wrong

Lovethehappy

Greenlighter

A lil background:
My end argument is this: I would rather be on codeine then, at least get some fake happiness then suffer with the awful metal torment I go through daily , and I no a lot of people that drink daily / smoke weed so is it really that bad compared to drinking every night ?
Ok so whilst I'm new to this subreddit I have been fully aware of the dangers off addiction and the dangers of opiates. I would never take heroin . I admit I do have a addictive trait but I managed to quit smoking, drinking, smoking weed.
I just don't see the harm is using a 2/3 times a week since codine has a base celling of 400mg its not like it could be abused since you cant redose
Maybe deep down I no its bad road to go down, But with having major depression/panic and aniexty I never feel at ease or happiness. where as when I take a good old dose 300 mg coz I have a high tolerance ( only used 3 times).

I have read a lot of peoples comments and they 80 % of them say you will get sucked in, whilst the other 20% say they can use a couple times a week and not get addicted.

Plus where I live its impossible to get oxy/ morphine ( the stronger types of opiates) So I have to order codeine online from uk pharmacy's ( its legal to get codeine/ hydrocodeine online) So its not like I could or would switch on to "harder opiates".

My end argument is this: I would rather be on codeine then, at least get some fake happiness then be sober and suffer with the awful metal torment I go through daily , and I no a lot of people that drink daily / smoke weed so is it really that bad compared to drinking every night ? I no this is probably a weak argument but im just at wits end with feeling like this and I just want something to chill my overactive mind out, is that such a bad thing? CODEINE = short time antidote

Subreddit? Did you copy and paste this from a post you made on reddit?

You seem to already know the risks and you seem to already know this isn't the proper way of dealing with whatever you're going through, there's not much we can say. A lot of us felt the same way at one point and you know how that story goes.

You can make excuses to use all day long but don't kid yourself by thinking, 'i can't get ahold of stronger opiates' because one day you might find that connection and then what? When the codeine is barely getting you buzzed anymore and there's cheaper and much more potent heroin right in front of you what decision are you going to make? It sounds like you are just in denial about the start of a strong psychological addiction and i don't blame or judge you because many of us, including myself, have been there.

I can’t judge you because, personally, I can’t understand how people can get through life unadulterated, just rawdogging it…reality is too grim sometimes and I just need a mental break, yknow? That being said, what you typed? Famous last words. If you think you can’t eventually obtain stronger opiates you are fooling yourself, and no one on here is going to tell you that codeine is harmless. But still, it’s your life and if you’re going to do it then at least this is the place to learn about how to minimize the hazards to your health.

I can’t judge you because, personally, I can’t understand how people can get through life unadulterated, just rawdogging it…reality is too grim sometimes and I just need a mental break, yknow? That being said, what you typed? Famous last words. If you think you can’t eventually obtain stronger opiates you are fooling yourself, and no one on here is going to tell you that codeine is harmless. But still, it’s your life and if you’re going to do it then at least this is the place to learn about how to minimize the hazards to your health.
Couldint agree more i really don’t have much knowledge on this but at the minute i go the gym i work 6 days a week i don’t drink or smoke, i take care of my self but just use codeine phosphate no paracetamol mixed with them, i try to keep my dosage as minimum as possible i don’t use week days just friday - sunday and try my best to take as least as possible but i would be lying if i said i didint enjoy them but i also know they are a strong opiate pill for someone who doesint have a knowledge or ever used opiates before, so i am asking and trying to find out more info on this forum as i find it hard to find anything i’ve asked online so i’m asking for other peoples personal experiences and information because they might know a lot more than me but like i said i am being cautious and i have been recently having some pains down my sides and in my stomach and i think may be caused by the codeine phosphate but they don’t contain anything other than codeine which i am going to get a blood test don’t to double check but was genuinely just asking for someone who had been long term user of codeine phosphate to shed a bit of light on this as some people say they are harmful and some say they are not if they haven’t got paracetamol or acetaminophen mixed which mine have not. bearing in mind i am a weekend user who was using 7 days a week but since the pains i have cut down.

Couldint agree more i really don’t have much knowledge on this but at the minute i go the gym i work 6 days a week i don’t drink or smoke, i take care of my self but just use codeine phosphate no paracetamol mixed with them, i try to keep my dosage as minimum as possible i don’t use week days just friday - sunday and try my best to take as least as possible but i would be lying if i said i didint enjoy them but i also know they are a strong opiate pill for someone who doesint have a knowledge or ever used opiates before, so i am asking and trying to find out more info on this forum as i find it hard to find anything i’ve asked online so i’m asking for other peoples personal experiences and information because they might know a lot more than me but like i said i am being cautious and i have been recently having some pains down my sides and in my stomach and i think may be caused by the codeine phosphate but they don’t contain anything other than codeine which i am going to get a blood test don’t to double check but was genuinely just asking for someone who had been long term user of codeine phosphate to shed a bit of light on this as some people say they are harmful and some say they are not if they haven’t got paracetamol or acetaminophen mixed which mine have not. bearing in mind i am a weekend user who was using 7 days a week but since the pains i have cut down.
& it’s not i can’t obtain them because i can it’s the pains that i am experiencing that is getting me concerned hence the cutting down even though this might be nothing to do with them

I've got a pack of 8 and 30/500 cocodomal lol not worth the hassle anymore

& it’s not i can’t obtain them because i can it’s the pains that i am experiencing that is getting me concerned hence the cutting down even though this might be nothing to do with them
I could nearly guarantee it’s your GI tract and it’s caused by the codeine.

“Like other opiates, codeine causes a delay of gastric emptying and spastic constipation. It is not yet known whether the effect on gastrointestinal motility is mediated by codeine or its metabolite morphine.” Source

Although that source talks more about fast metabolisers, there is truth to the fact codeine causes delay to the gastric emptying etc.

I could nearly guarantee it’s your GI tract and it’s caused by the codeine.

“Like other opiates, codeine causes a delay of gastric emptying and spastic constipation. It is not yet known whether the effect on gastrointestinal motility is mediated by codeine or its metabolite morphine.” Source

Although that source talks more about fast metabolisers, there is truth to the fact codeine causes delay to the gastric emptying etc.
what’s exactly is the gi tract if you don’t mind me asking? and what does that do so the chances are that it properly isint my kidneys or liver that’s the issue?

I've got a pack of 8 and 30/500 cocodomal lol not worth the hassle anymore
haha have you i just get boxes on boxes of codeine phosphate 60 mg so never have to cwe i have a friend who’s a nurse who gets me them properly got over 60 boxes of them little fuckers

I would rather be addicted to codeine than alcohol. Codeine is rather forgiving to the organs and one doesn't lose inhibition, causing them to do stupid or embarrassing things. That being said physical dependence happens much quicker than alcohol. If you are going to go down this path you must be prepared to become an opiate addict for years to come(perhaps life).

Seriously, that desire to use opiates will never leave. Soon no amount of codeine will give you pleasure and you will be using just to not be sick and so you'll be able to function. Everyday life will take on a greyness, marked by abject apathy and a melancholic lack of motivation or interest in anything life has to offer. Festive events, hobbies, accomplishments, vacations and all the things that once brought moments of happiness and joy will become lifeless and emotionless. This in and of itself brings a deep empty sadness. You'll want to stop but by this point you can't without suffering mths and mths, perhaps years of soul crushing pain...... Be forewarned.

I would rather be addicted to codeine than alcohol. Codeine is rather forgiving to the organs and one doesn't lose inhibition, causing them to do stupid or embarrassing things. That being said physical dependence happens much quicker than alcohol. If you are going to go down this path you must be prepared to become an opiate addict for years to come(perhaps life).

Seriously, that desire to use opiates will never leave. Soon no amount of codeine will give you pleasure and you will be using just to not be sick and so you'll be able to function. Everyday life will take on a greyness, marked by abject apathy and a melancholic lack of motivation or interest in anything life has to offer. Festive events, hobbies, accomplishments, vacations and all the things that once brought moments of happiness and joy will become lifeless and emotionless. This in and of itself brings a deep sadness. You'll want to stop but by this point you can't without suffering mths and mths of soul crushing pain...... Be forewarned.
i understand all this mate but i was using quite heavily for a year and i have cut down to just weekends maybe 3-4 pills 240 mg which is quite good i also work 6 days a week don’t drink or smoke and i go the gym everyday fairly active and don’t feel the urge for them if i’m on vocations etc i know my limits and have a good mind over matter i just use them to chill out but i understand what your saying i’m just concerned might of caused damage to my kidneys/liver through when i was using codeine phosphate daily for a year solid, now i’ve cut down it just worries me damage may have already been done , but i can function with out it and don’t feel the urge through the week days no more.

i understand all this mate but i was using quite heavily for a year and i have cut down to just weekends maybe 3-4 pills 240 mg which is quite good i also work 6 days a week don’t drink or smoke and i go the gym everyday fairly active and don’t feel the urge for them if i’m on vocations etc i know my limits and have a good mind over matter i just use them to chill out but i understand what your saying i’m just concerned might of caused damage to my kidneys/liver through when i was using codeine phosphate daily for a year solid, now i’ve cut down it just worries me damage may have already been done , but i can function with out it and don’t feel the urge through the week days no more.
I didn't notice that this was an old thread that was revived so thus I was answering the OP's thread question..... In regards to your concern I can assure you your organs are fine. Though muscle building and opiate use is counter intuitive due to endocrine hormone disruption, if that is even your fitness goals.

I'm not judging or patronizing at all. I've been almost exclusively an opiate addict for 25-30 years.

what’s exactly is the gi tract if you don’t mind me asking? and what does that do so the chances are that it properly isint my kidneys or liver that’s the issue?
The gastrointestinal tract is part of your digestive system, your esophagus right down to your anus. Codeine slows your digestion, so it causes delayed gastric emptying (your food digests slower) which will cause pain, then it will cause constipation (which I’ve told you to take osmotic laxatives for).

If it was your kidneys your bloods would show something also the pain would be felt on lower back *usually*. Belly button pain tends to be your digestive system. Again, I’m not giving you advice as a Dr and you need to speak to yours about all of this.

You liver is on the lower right hand side of your rib cage.

I didn't notice that this was an old thread that was revived so thus I was answering the OP's thread question..... In regards to your concern I can assure you your organs are fine. Though muscle building and opiate use is counter intuitive due to endocrine hormone disruption, if that is even your fitness goals.
Do you think that i will be fine in the kidney and liver then even after using daily quite high doses with no breaks? and how long of using daily would it take to actually cause damage to your organs would you say? and i’m not really clued up on all this do you mind explaining to me what you mean about muscle building and i’m actually a runner i don’t really do weights and i work in construction as a scaffolder so i’m often lifting heavy in my job all day but i focus on cardio not to bothered about muscle haha i am only 10.5 stone but could you explain what you mean about endrocrine hormone as you was saying cheers

The gastrointestinal tract is part of your digestive system, your esophagus right down to your anus. Codeine slows your digestion, so it causes delayed gastric emptying (your food digests slower) which will cause pain, then it will cause constipation (which I’ve told you to take osmotic laxatives for).

If it was your kidneys your bloods would show something also the pain would be felt on lower back *usually*. Belly button pain tends to be your digestive system. Again, I’m not giving you advice as a Dr and you need to speak to yours about all of this.

You liver is on the lower right hand side of your rib cage.
oh yes i see where you are coming from well funny enough i went out yesterday and purchased 100 mg focus ste sodium capsules for softening relief from hard painful dry stools will that do the job i was actually looking for you on the posts to tell you i had these didint realise it was you who told me to get these but will them ones i have purchased dk the trick? and if you had liver pain would that be quite painful and not the occasional little shooting pain like would that be constant pain

oh yes i see where you are coming from well funny enough i went out yesterday and purchased 100 mg focus ste sodium capsules for softening relief from hard painful dry stools will that do the job i was actually looking for you on the posts to tell you i had these didint realise it was you who told me to get these but will them ones i have purchased dk the trick? and if you had liver pain would that be quite painful and not the occasional little shooting pain like would that be constant pain
You would have other issues like stool colour changing etc if it were your liver. It would also show up in blood tests.

Honestly, long term use of any drug will have negative side effects. You are better off using sparingly and cutting out everyday use.

You would have other issues like stool colour changing etc if it were your liver. It would also show up in blood tests.

Honestly, long term use of any drug will have negative side effects. You are better off using sparingly and cutting out everyday use.
I see thanks what colour would your stools sort of be looking if you have liver issues? and got to say i am looking forward to going for this blood test wednesday and finding out for peace of mind, and i know i have already cut down drastically now i’m only taking about 3 tablets of a weekend per day none through out the week days at all so i am trying my best now and eventually cut the weekends out