• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"In me LSD found it's creator"

There is probably nothing weird about the discovery of LSD. But it is interesting that Hoffman had spontaneous mystical epxeriences in early childhood. He accidentally ingested a dose which lasted for about 2 hours or so. This is at odds with the care he took in his laboratory, dealing with what he utterly knew were toxic compounds, and the actual duration of LSD effects. He then experimented intentionally, but because of of his childhood experiences, he may have had some framework to contextualise what was ocurring to him. It was certainly fortuitous.

I just always found it odd that his accidental ingestion doesn't sound much like LSD intoxication, but more like a spontaneous mystical experience.
This is basically the idea I already wrote about a few posts up. Can you perhaps help me finding the aforementioned talk by Jonathan Ott?

Most things get discovered by accident this is hardly new in science. Most awesome discoveries are "oh shit!" moments that turn out unexpected and then they either get discovered then or put on the shelf for someone to revisit decades later. Being able to "engineer compounds" based on a good understanding of what is happening is more recent then most people think it was all trial error and mistake before then. I would say the discovery of penicillin, which was also an accident allegedly at least, was way more influential on human history. The discovery of LSD was a great one but it did not alter the destiny of human history as much as the discovery of antibiotics.

Just saying :)

Interesting thoughts on discovery and creation. Where is the line? Was an automobile created or discovered? Was this molecule discovered or created? I have to think about this. :)