• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs In all my years of taking drugs this has never happened to me

I would taper the phenibut and save the neurontin for when your ready to jump at a lower dose. Don't rush it, take your time. Your not gonna die though, no matter how much it feels like you will. You haven't been taking it long enough for you to worry about a fatal withdrawal, phenibut withdrawal just sucks realy bad.

I didn't read all the posts on this but, yes, phenibut wd is a complete nightmare. The good thing is it ends pretty quickly and abruptly. I tried to taper w/phenibut using smaller doses like that and it was ineffective. If I had to do it again (not that I would ever put myself thru that agony a 2nd time ha), I would probably just use gabapentin to taper off starting at around 900-1200 mg every 6 hrs and weening comfortably down to zero. I have heard from others that this is a good strategy. Baclofen and pregabalin should work similiarly but I can't comment on dosage. I believe they are both scheduled in the US, however, so they might not be a good choice if you get tested.

Also, I have heard that chronic phenibut use can lead to significant potassium deficiencies that could cause organ pain. I seem to recall long term users that posted online having bodily pains similar to yours when I was researching the drug.

Listen ok I know what normal withdrawal symptoms are I've gone through cold turkey heroin withdraw and benZo withdraw with only a 4 day Librium taper. This drug is a whole other beast to me. my body was literally shutting down as if I was bleeding out. My veins were all sucked in to my skin lookin like they weren't even pumpin blood and I could feel my body SLOWING down. I have a feeling I would've went into a coma if I didn't take that phen. And now I've reawakened the beast as all I wanna do now is sleep. 2 1/2 g down. I'm just gonna keep takin it til I see my doctor on Monday. I feel like I'm gonna need a medically supervised detox or something. I've lost over 15 pounds already and I never wanna eat I gotta force it down. All I wanna do is chain smoke cigs and try and sleep. I'm done. Literally. I think it's the end of the line for me. My organs prolly will fail out soon if I keep this lifestyle up... I was doin so good recovering from heroin... Now this... I can't take it. Time to light another cig

Do you think rehabs could treat phenibut addiction? Honestly I think I just need to ask my doctor for this baclofen shit cause neurontin wasn't cuttin it. Well it was until I had the whole near death experience out of nowhere

I would just do what you have to until you see your doctor, but you need to go prepared with literature explaining what phenibut is and why baclofen is needed to switch and taper. Baclofen is not a controlled substance in the us, as someone speculated above.

I would try to stay calm and its not likely you are going to die. On the other hand "captain kratom" from the internet does not know with certainty that death from phenibut withdrawal is impossible. Its a very new drug in the grand scheme of things and if you feel you absolutely need medical help at some point, get it. I can't help but think a large part of this is psychological because you are really getting yourself worked up, but (not to detract from baclofen as a completely safe solution to this) there are documented deaths from sudden baclofen cessation at extremely high doses and a major symptom of baclofen withdrawal can be low blood pressure. I mention this because baclofen is the closest related substance with a long history, but its perfectly safe when tapered properly. Again please don't let this add to your already paranoid state, if you really are having an attack of low blood pressure, it should be confirmed with a vitals check and real symptoms. (Your perception of small veins and feeling slow isnt enough).

Go to Walgreen and get a blood pressure reader if you're that worried about it. I think one of the best things you can do for yourself is try to calm down and stop smoking so much. make sure you go to your doctor prepared to explain what phenibut is and that it's a gaba b agonist because they will have no idea wtf it is, just like they wouldn't at a detox center (they didn't at one I went to).

Just keep on with as little dose phenibut you need supplementing with as little dose Pentins as you can to make it til you can see your doctor and explain things to him (I did similar although it was as low dose as possible with small amounts of clonazepam to stop the reversed effects until I could get to my doc.) It's really as simple as your dependentant on this weird ass gaba b agonist and have read of others being successfully transferred to the gaba-B agonist baclofen and weaned. Baclofen is much more potent, although you should look up a conversation rate if you can find one. I think it ranges around 5-10x potency because I was switched to 60 or 80 mg a day from around your dose of "but". You're gonna be ok buddy just hang in there, stop smoking so much and try to gauge what's really happening from what's paranoia induced.

**I think these "reversed effects" we experience when it turns suddenly is like an instant exciteotoxic rebound brought on by the suboxone and likely in your case nicotine. Sort of like when you put your thumb over a hose and the water sprays (the phenibut being the thumb, the water being glutamate, dopamine, etc). Noy very scientific sounding but there are studies that show gaba b agonists increase these neurotransmitters (likely downstream) at low doses (or tolerant doses in your case) while blocking them at higher doses. (Just google baclofen effect on dopamine and pubmed results will come up)

Again good luck and try to chill you're gonna make it bud

i wish i had more information, as your situation sounds really tough right now.

i agree with the above comment, it seems to be very informative.

hope things get better, and you get to see a doc soon i think i read, so hopefully that time comes quickly and they'll be able to treat you.

Not read all, but i withdrawled from GHB painlessly with BACLOFENE..... which is GABA b... as many have stated... neurontin aka gabapentin will help loads, baclofene may be even more effective, i have never experienced phenibut w/D but baclofene worked for me for heavy alcohol w/d and heavy GHB/GBL etc. w/d hich are both GABA b so yeah in theory.... but whatever u can et your hands on fastest... and in the meantime, a slow gradual taper....

good lucck OP

btw "captainK", don't take shit peeps say personal over the net... net "beef" is useless... tis the season to be be jolly y'all

P.L.U.R.

I'm in nasty opioid withdrawal, and etizolam rebound, forgive me if I'm a bit "on edge" =D. Not feelin too hot atm...

no probs mayne, we all have our shit to deal with.... hope you feel better soon CK....

Haha captain hope you feel better. Wasn't anything personal against you, I just didn't want him to take you saying "you're not going to die, no matter how much you feel like you will" as a reason to not get help/med intervention if he absolutely feels he needs to. Sorry, I should have regarded you more as a human being.

Yes, I am mentally disabled. How did you know?

Everything else I either addressed in original post or didn't claim.

Last edited:
Yea sorry captain Kratom I'm sure that sucks real bad what you're going through... I just feel like this phenibut poison wants me dead. I just went out last night and got 8 zanny bars that I'm gonna keep for emergencies when my phenibut dose gets lower... I'm gonna try and stabilize at 2 grams 2x day first then keep dropping it... Hopefully my doctor helps me out with the baclofen on Monday. Oh yea and I learned last night why it's never wise to take that much neurontin with no tolerance to it... I ended up in a pretty psychedelic trip all CEV though... OEV were very limited but we're there. If you don't believe me look it up lol it was pretty unexpected...

I'm gonna be very careful with the Xanax as I've had a multi year benzo addiction before... Not in a long time though my tolerance is likely down to 0. And I don't have to worry about my PO for a little while now too.

Many argue that the benzo tolerance is far more resilient than other types and never returns to baseline, but do what you have to. It all depends on the previous dependency and other variables.

Yea I took 2 grams this morning and I've been having anxiety and been shaky all day but that's good thing right cause that means by body is adjusting to the lower dose? I'm gonna stabilize on 2 grams 2x day then drop from there... Im about to go buy a scale now. Then I'm gonna wait on the bars for when my dose gets down to 1 g 2x day and for when I finally wanna jump off

Yup, sounds good man. You may not even need anything else until you stop completely if at all. (If youre able to tolerate)

In my case it started affecting me so adversely that I literally couldn't take over a gram at a time or id get this instant rebound sickness, but I couldn't only take the benzos either, because then there was no gaba-B agonism (I tried)... so I had to take small amounts of the phenibut with small amounts of benzos until I could get to my doc. It was some odd shit.

If you are able to still tolerate enough phenibut to hold you and can just taper off that's great and no need for the baclofen. I had an abnormal reaction. It sounded like you maybe are to an extent (which is why i spoke so much on what i saw as a unique and abnormal reaction we had in common - not because i was "[commin in here all mr expert like im the only one whos ever dealt with phenibut wd"]), but at least sounds like you'll be able to taper off.

Well if I take over 2 g I get that bad head rushing kidney back bulging reaction but 2g usually hold me good. Did baclofen have the same reaction for u? I'm gonna have to make a good sales pitch to get that from my doc but I think I might be able to pull it off. How much baclofen am I gonna need if my habit now is at 2g 2x a day? And also it's like my body is rejecting food I have to force feed everything I eat down and I get so bloated and full so easy. I've been tryin to eat as healthy as I can with veggies fruits and protein shakes and stuff I wanna gain back the weight I lost. I'll make it thru this... I have to

You can actually order baclofen online as its not a controlled substance. I would think if youre honest about what's happened, that you got yourself wrapped up in what you thought was more of just a health suppliment to ease anxiety (regular gaba is a benign supplement that some phenibut marketer compare it to, saying "only difference is it crosses the bbb" -seems innocent). When you had these problems you found out what it really was and read about baclofen as a proper treatment.

Baclofen isnt scheduled or considered all that recreational (oddly some enjoy it). Most doctors shouldn't have a problem prescribing it for this. Add that youre having extreme muscle rigidity as one of the wd symptoms (which I was). Since baclofen is a skeletal muscle relaxer he technically wouldn't have to go off label. Just stress that you want to be done with all of it but are having trouble weaning the phenibut because of the adverse effects.

Try to just stick with measurable physical effects when talking to them - don't go into stuff about your veins shrinking and other possibly paranoid sounding stuff. Althoufh obviously its causing anxiety. Just keep it simple and straight forward. Look up a list of wd AND side effects of phenibut if needed. Dont just tell him things that could make it look like youre just anxious and the physical effects are just in your head. Go in there feeling pretty rotten. Really you shouldn't have to make much of a production out of it. Just stick to the basic facts explaining what you found out it actually is and what its doing to you. My doctor was actually much more comfortable getting me on a long studied, benign muscle relaxer than this weird, unregulated health market drug. Docs usually despise thst industry... and they don't give a fuck what Russia is doing lol. I wouldn't even mention its use in russia, you just thoufht it was a supplement.

I think the fda limit is 60 or 80 mg , so hopefully that will be enough. Its much more potent so its not dosed in grams. I did 20mg pill, 3 or 4 times a day. I honestly don't remember for sure it was like 4 years ago. Baclofen did not give me the sick feeling it just eased my wd symptoms away.

At worst it sounds like in your case you may be able to taper and do alright if youre stabilizing on lower doses now. It may get better through tomorrow.

I was just being an asshole, pay no attention to me. Withdrawal always gets the best of me... I'd never tell someone not to seek medical attention however, and I'm very aware of the small chance of death associated with GABA withdrawal, but 2 1/2 months on phenibut? Not even the least bit likely, so why not try and be supportive?

OP, get that stuff outta your system and get through this! been worrying about you since i first came across your post. hopefully the advice on BL is helpful and yiulre taking it to heart :)