• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs In all my years of taking drugs this has never happened to me

Never used gabapentin for phenibut withdrawal so I can't say, was just curious. I ended up powering through phenibut withdrawal with the help of some xanax and kratom... neither helped too much, but the xanax did mask some of the mental symptoms. If you tuff it out it'll be over in a week though, but if it's really bad I'd say taper until the neurontin comes and jump from there and hope you get some relief. A scale would be really beneficial as well. If you've been through benzo withdrawal you should be able to see it through, unlike benzo withdrawal phenibut withdrawal doesn't linger around for ages... blurring the lines between acutes and PAWS.

Yea but when I went through benzo withdraw I had a 4 day Librium taper and then when I got out the rehab I started shooting heroin again so that took my mind off those symptoms. Honestly I don't think I ever fully healed from the benzo withdraw though as I had to do a year in jail and cold turkey a 2 bundle a day habit and I still had symptoms for a while. The most annoying symptom that stayed lingering was my inability to speak correctly from anxiety probably the most annoying and embarrassing symptom of it. Like my mind would go blank and just couldn't get the words out and looked like a scared lil bitch. Then I got out of jail and got on suboxone and that helped a lot. Then I got on this dumb ass phenibut thinking it would help and it did but now I think I'm knee deep in shits creek again.. Oh well like the one guy said lesson learned I'll make it through this and grow from it. I actually called my sub doctor and he's gonna see me on Monday so I'm hoping he will be able to help me. I'm sure he will he's actually a cool and compassionate doctor. I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.

Wow I just came to the realization that any type of nicotine or caffeine use is gonna impede progress on this taper. After a cigarette I get horrible anxiety, upset stomach, and a vertigo blood rushing in my head feeling. It sucks because I crave that shit so bad when I have phen in my system but guess I gotta put it down for a while... I guess it'll be better for me in the end...

i was thinking about looking into it and maybe ordering some phenibut, after reading one post on the site recently about someone who made it sound completely euphoric and perfect. but now i'm positive i won't be doing that. i'm not sure where the post is that i'm thinking of that made me think it would be a really great idea or i'd link it here. i hope you're not sick and hope your kidneys and health is okay. i imagine you're pretty frustrated and stuff right now. i'm sorry, lots of love your way. <3 please keep us posted

Phenibut is fantastic if used responsibly. Re-dosing phenibut is a terrible idea, there should always be a few days between doses. It's lasts me all day anyway, and spills over to the next day. I've had experience with an array of scripted benzos, and nothing was ever as effective as phenibut, even xanax. No memory loss either, xanax wipes me blank. Most effective drug for social anxieties next to kratom.

OP: I'd try tapering down using phenibut. It just sounds like you way overdid it and need to reverse gears for a bit. I think you'll be fine :)

Baclofen, contrary to common bluelight belief (besides this thread - kudos on knowing what youre talking about baclofen recommenders) is likely going to b e your best option for a switch and taper, as it is a gaba b agonist like phenibut. 3 people I know of who went non-idiot doctors switched them to baclofen and tapered. Ive done it myself and its easy to taper off baclofen painlessly. You don't even have to go that slow. I would leave the gabapentin out of it (which I also have a ton of experience with and a giant bottle full of in my go bag for opiate wd).

Gabapentin is a pain in the ass to come off.

***to those recommending just staying with the "but". I went through exactly what this guy is as I was on suboxone when I did my phenibut phase. I think it is a reaction specific to suboxone that causes it to turn on you so quickly and horribly...this is not your typical tolerance issue of a gabaergic. I was stable on my phenibut dose then one day, completely suddenly it started giving ADVERSE effects of absolute sickness - not lessened effects. It was like all the positives reversed into their opposites (exiteotoxicity, muscle tension, etc) in a day.

I did not have the same problems with baclofen, althoufh I tapered off it quick as I could.

I think its something about the stimulating effects of bupe that made the phenibut turn on me... and yes of fucking course caffeine and nicotine is going exacerbate the shit out of it.

Good luck.

Dont bother with the gabapentin unless t ou just want it as a backup. I would not start taking it unless you absolutely have to. Its a shit drug like phenibut (with regular usage at least)

Last edited:
kicking phenibut is rather easy tbh...all u need are a handful of gabapentin pills..i was using 3-4 grams of phenibut daily for months and i stopped completely and started taking two 300 mg gabapentins a day and that wiped away 90% of the phenibut withdrawals..i was able to sleep and function, my mood was just a little low..i tookk gabapentin for a week and got off and that was that..a little anxiety and insomnia when i stopped but no withdrawals that bothered me much..

i didnt notice any withdrawala from gabapentin use...i went on a month long binge on it and started noticing some weird effects from it, got off it and didnt notice any withdrawals..some claim they are hellish, i dunno... i

I'm very glad you told me that Belford, because my last phenibut dose was yesterday morning 9 am 3 grams. As luck would have it, I came to acquire a stash of 45 400mg gabapentin!! I Took 3 so far today and it's holding me pretty damn good... I still do feel the phenibut withdraw screaming in the background while the gabapentin is like my guardian earmuffs blocking out all the noise!! It honestly just feels like a wierd coke comedown... But I can handle this :) thank the lord!! And thank you guys for all your help!! I thought I would never be free of this horrible beast!! Never again!! I plan to taper the gabapentin as well playing with the doses as the week goes on. Again I thank you blue light for your help. You've been here throughout every single one of my addictions (mainly heroin and benzos but I was bad with coke and meth before too). I was a lurker for many years and now I plan to give back to the blue light community with what knowledge I can. Peace!

Last edited:
And yes nateup you are absolutely correct about the effects doin a whirlwind 360!! Complete 24/7 dysphoria... Miserable. I had to take 3 days off from work with this weekend as I could not stand going to work feeling like that... My job consists of screaming at convicted felons to do their job correctly and follow the rules all day. Along with many other manager duties... It's safe to say I was not able to do that with the way the phenibut was effecting me... That shit is garbage man... I even had this feeling that told me right before I ordered the first tub "you sure you wanna do this? You know it prolly won't end well considering your track record..." And well I had to find out for myself. Thanks again guys

That's great that you ran into the Pentins and are feeling better. Obviously im not a doctor, but I seriously recommend no more than 1-2 weeks max on the pentins. Just enough time to be sure you're out of the "butt" and quick taper off. Sure, some people have no problem stopping pentins...but some have serious problems. Since you've only got 45 of them shouldn't be an issue. I wouldn't increase dose past what you can get by on then start cutting off doses after a week. They build a tolerance so quick there's no point in bothering with trying to get high or anything (not that you were go ing to).

Good for you you'll be back to baseline in no time

Yup my plan is just to wait til I can't take the anxiety and phen withdraw no more and take one just do it like that

Ok well update ummm... I think I was hovering on the line between life and death and I still feel like I am. I started shaking and I could feel my blood pressure was so low so I had to take like 200 mg of phenibut and I'm about to take a little more just to ensure im good... I think I tried gettin off at too high of a dose. I've got about 2800 mg of neurontin in me right now so idk maybe there was a bad reaction... This drug is gonna be the death of me I think. I can feel my body shutting down. I'll prolly be the first documented death of this shit. Idk I think I'm just gonna keep takin little bits til I see my doctor on Monday. I really don't wanna die my life has been goin so good for me... Why oh why did I get addicted to this garbage... Suggestions or help please

Also after I took that lil bit of phen I felt my blood start pumpin again... This is crazy... I can't believe you can die from the withdraw of this stuff. Ok I feel better way better just from the 200 mg so maybe I'll just keep tapering from there with the help of the neurontin

Did you not read the first page? I'm comin off of phenibut a 6+ gram a day habit and I tried using neurontin to help me stop the phenibut. Well I thought wrong cause I was comin off way too large of a habit for my body to handle I could literally feel the blood stop pumping to my extremities. My veins were pretty much non existent they were so small which means the blood wasn't pumping my body was shutting down. Wow that 200mg dose just pumped me right back up thank god I didn't flush it.

Ok I could really use some advice on what just actually happened... Like I figured the withdraw from that amount of phenibut would be me anxious climbing the walls heart racing. I felt like my heart was racing but no blood was being pumped throughout my body... I could feel my blood pressure and my life force draining by the minute. Well I'm gonna try this again tomorrow maybe since I'll be comin off just a 200 mg dose now that won't happen. I guess we will see tomorrow

Man, good luck with the withdrawal, I guess a portion of your issues can bee attributed to the anxiety. I hope you get through this without physical damage, taper slowly and drink a lot of water (while eating enough) to rinse your kidneys. Rule number one : Never believe the initial hype (downplaying risks) of locally unknown chemicals.

This shits got me suicidal it's ruining my life... Idk what to do... Wish I could just jump forward in time to Monday I NEED to see my doctor

i feel like i should write a faq here on how to use phenibut without it backfiring and kicking your ass...seems like so may people keep letting it get the better of them..again, if you cannot keep your dosage to minimum(1-2 a week) then the only effective way to use phenibut is to use a low dosage every day...maybe use 1-1.5 grams daily and then when you really want it to work(make u feel good, euphoric, elevated mood, more energy and less anxiety, pro socia, effects) then ramp up your dosage to 4-5 grams a day..this is what i do and it still works after several years of use...you cant take high doses every day and expect it to still work for you week after week..