• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Improved memory on Klonopin

well....depressicaa...i guess it just comes down to whether you want to believe what i posted in post #7, or listen to kokomo in posts #6 and #8.

I hope whatever you believe, you figure your question out, without having to wade through a bunch of argumentative posts.

If someone is having difficulty focusing due to anxiety then an anxiolytic may help. To say that these "improve" short term memory seems to be quite a stretch. Absent professional memory testing before and after, all we have is subjective perceptions that are unreliable and essentially useless.

Furthermore, this bickering has no place here. OP if you want to discuss reopening this PM me.

Last edited:
I am reopening this at the OP's request *if and only if* the discussion is productive, respectful and harm reduction is considered.

Unverified claims of a drug that is demonstrated to cause amnesia improving memory can be dangerous. Keep this is mind.

^^ cheers tho we still dunno how often and how much mg op does this med

Perhaps your usually too nervous to remember things..

EDIT: sorry for repeating this as it was posted above.

Its fine.
I don't often read an entire thread before, replying, and I don't expect you to either.

I take .25mg and .5 at my discretion.

if its ur thread u should, some people have better info than others

but the only reason i could see this is if ur too nervous/anxiety to remember things, ur mind might be on other issues or something...but the klonapin SURELY does not IMPROVE. ur just taking ur anxiety away, therefor not thinking of the thoughts that cause u anxiety leaving more room availible

Haha I always read it all when its my thread.

You're probably right about the second part, amps help me sometimes, but not all the times. These do. And I don't wanna do it daily since they say tolerance and all that. I have been for the past few days, so now is probably a good time to stop. It doesn't help that I had the best sleep of my life with them either. :(
Maybe I should ask my doctor for a z-drug or something.

I think we all know depressicaa just wants to feel confident and comfortable with his new medication. NO it is not helping your memory and there is no way it would help your memory UNLESS you are extremely anxious and cannot focus on things because of being so anxious and figity. Other than that you are slowly bashing your cognitive function with these prescribed stimulants and benzo's you have. Fact

like i said before, im pretty sure it has been proven that benzos cannot directly improve your memory. but, they do have the ability to improve your memory indirectly through the process of calming you down and making you more aware of your surroundings. And this can only be considered an imporovement if you were unable to focus before because of some anxiety related issue, causing you to forget things alot because you werent able to focus on them while you were too busy being worried and anxious and fidgity.

like i said before, im pretty sure it has been proven that benzos cannot directly improve your memory. but, they do have the ability to improve your memory indirectly through the process of calming you down and making you more aware of your surroundings. And this can only be considered an imporovement if you were unable to focus before because of some anxiety related issue, causing you to forget things alot because you werent able to focus on them while you were too busy being worried and anxious and fidgity.
totaly agreed. i'm a benzo freak and i know how kpins can fuck up your memories.

I think we all know depressicaa just wants to feel confident and comfortable with his new medication. NO it is not helping your memory and there is no way it would help your memory UNLESS you are extremely anxious and cannot focus on things because of being so anxious and figity. Other than that you are slowly bashing your cognitive function with these prescribed stimulants and benzo's you have. Fact
You don't like me do you? We could talk this over in PM if this is the case.

And thanks JamesBrown, its the best explanation, and I accept it. =D

I've been taking 3mg a day for 10 months now (Started out at 2mg though). I haven't had any improved memory while on it, but my memory hasn't taken a hit either. It's had no effect on memory for me, and the dose I'm on is much higher than the OP's it seems like.

I know for a fact this is true. When I write exams at universities I always take a low dose benzo before most of my exams. Before I used to get so uptight and anxious I'd completely forget what I was doing. Sometimes getting confused on simple tasks like marking page numbers. My point is I'd blank out on most of these exams if I went in without my meds. After I discovered this worked, I started seeing my memory triggers return and wouldn't forget simple information/tasks because of being wired. In the end, my marks went up.
How much more hard fact evidence do you need?

some people tend to think that if there wasnt a study performed by a respected medical group, that any evidence you come up with is rediculous and whatever point your trying to say isnt true.

They sometimes fail to recognize that the real world doesnt necessarily work according to medical studies and thinking outside the box so to speak can help you understand a situation/idea better. It has alot to do with ignorance and the fact that people just enjoy proving others wrong.

I try to keep an open mind and allow myself to accept personal experience as evidence as well as medical studies. I believe this allows me to better understand a "concept" or "idea" more than I would had I only reffered to medical studies in order to determine what is possible and what is not.

some people tend to think that if there wasnt a study performed by a respected medical group, that any evidence you come up with is rediculous and whatever point your trying to say isnt true.

They sometimes fail to recognize that the real world doesnt necessarily work according to medical studies and thinking outside the box so to speak can help you understand a situation/idea better. It has alot to do with ignorance and the fact that people just enjoy proving others wrong.

I try to keep an open mind and allow myself to accept personal experience as evidence as well as medical studies. I believe this allows me to better understand a "concept" or "idea" more than I would had I only reffered to medical studies in order to determine what is possible and what is not.

I can understand not wanting to limit possibility to published data but there certainly is a reason why myself and so many others place different value on scientific verification and personal experience. Science controls for variables, has more stringent control over environment and more rigorous observation as well as peer-review of the results.

When it comes to experiences alone... you have one, untrained, speculative, fallible individual with subjective hopes and expectations amidst an endless margin of error and no checks and balances to determine the validity of the results.

Yet you believe both? That seems a little naive to me. Its all nice to trust people but I don't trust fallible observers. Skepticism leads people to truth... swallowing whatever someone gives you whole without checking first is not a good way to determine validity.

I can understand not wanting to limit possibility to published data but there certainly is a reason why myself and so many others place different value on scientific verification and personal experience. Science controls for variables, has more stringent control over environment and more rigorous observation as well as peer-review of the results.

When it comes to experiences alone... you have one, untrained, speculative, fallible individual with subjective hopes and expectations amidst an endless margin of error and no checks and balances to determine the validity of the results.

Yet you believe both? That seems a little naive to me. Its all nice to trust people but I don't trust fallible observers. Skepticism leads people to truth... swallowing whatever someone gives you whole without checking first is not a good way to determine validity.

I think you misunderstand what i was saying. I wasnt saying i put equal value on both scientific studies and personal experience. I was simply pointing out that both can benefit you in defferent ways.
I, in no way, "believe" every personal experience I hear to be true. I simply listen to different peoples personal experiences over and over again, and i try to find similarities and patterns throughout the different stories
I by no means, take unproven, unstudied, personal experience reports as truth. I simply use them as a tool sometimes to help me gain another possible perspective.
I personally believe that valid scientific research/studies/and reports are much for valuable when trying to assess a situation or give advice. I was simply pointing out that some peopel automatically assume that everyones personal experience with drugs(or anything for that matter) is automatically worthless simply because that particular experience hasnt been studied scientifically yet.
I understand the difference in credibility between the two and I am always aware of that. maybe i posted my last post in a way where it made it a little hard for you to understand that. and i apologize. But i can guarantee you that I am NOT naeive simply for listening to peoples experiences. But just because I listen, and open my mind to possibilities that havent been studied yet, doesnt mean that I jump to conclusions and believe everything I hear. My point being, there are thousands of "experiences" that people have had that havent been researched using true scientific methods, but just because we havent researched them yet, doesnt mean that they automatically have no merit.
But i still only think of something as fact, when it has proven to be fact. otherwise it is simply speculation.....but i was trying to say that speculation isnt always wrong....it jsut needs to be proven.(allthough, many times, it is wrong of course)
Sry for the misunderstanding

*When i stated that i accept personal experience as well as scientific study as evidence, i didnt mean that i accept them both as fact. A piece of evidence is not fact, atleast in my opinion, it is something you can possibly use to your advantage to better understand a situation or gain a better perspective. I by no means, accept all "evidence" as fact. And I by no means..."swallow anything someone tells me whole" without checking facts first. I simply "use" what someone tells me (personal exoerience) to allow me to view a situation with a wider perspective. I am still speculative on what is true and what is not when someone tells me there experience, but I dont let that limit my horizon of possible outcomes. Because after all, no one can say that every single experience reported that hasnt been proven by scientific study is false and bares no value. Some people actually experience something that help you gain insight into a situation.....but of course, it is always best to seperate fact from personal experience when dealing with any situation.

Last edited:
^I don't think I've seen anyone on here claim that experiences not detailed in scientific experiments are necessarily false or "bare no value".