• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Improved memory on Klonopin

^I don't think I've seen anyone on here claim that experiences not detailed in scientific experiments are necessarily false or "bare no value".

I was responding to your post that suggested that I was "naieve" for believing peoples personal experience automatically. ....which , i explained, I do not do....and was smply trying to get that point across to you.

You said to me...

"... swallowing whatever someone gives you whole without checking first is not a good way to determine validity."

but I was saying that I DO NOT "swallow whatever someone gives me whole" without checking it first.
Your post to me suggested that I belived everyones experiences as truth without verifying that through the correct methods. And I wanted to set the records straight and say that I DO NOT do that. thats all.

And yes, there are people on BL that constantly treat me like shit, literally, for bringing up someones personal experience as "evidence" for a point im making. They act like since that persons personal experience is not scientificially studied/proven, it has no merit whatsoever, and shouldnt even be brought up. ANd I disagree with this. I think that we can look at personal experiences to possibly broaden out perspective, while not necssarily assuming that everythign they experience/say is based in fact. Like I said....."evidence" is not the same as fact. Evidence can help us determine what is fact and what isnt.....but just because some evidence isnt "proven" by scientists, doesnt mean it shouldnt be discussed.
And I guarantee you that many people have laughed at me and other posters who bring up someones personal experience to make a point, or contrbute to a conversation. If you wouold like me to literally search for some examples of those exact circumstanecs I would be glad to. Just let me know. Its just it takes a little time to wade through all the posts on Bl to find something sometimes....but like I said, I would be ahppy to do it.

Actually....earlier in this thread Cane...you said ....."subjective perceptions are unreliable and essentially useless". im not trying to call you wrong or start an argument, im merely saying that in some instances subjective experiences(perceptions) can actually be helpfull.....they may not be helpfull in proving facts directly, but as i have been trying to say many times, they can be helpful in broadening our perspectives on what is possible.....and that in iteself, could possibly help us in many ways....and even possibly result in making it easier to find/prove facts.

^first off, I never said YOU swallow shit without checking, I was saying that doing that isn't a way to get to truth... I don't know why you made that about you. The statements to/about you were indicated as such.

I stand by my statement about subjective perceptions because absent controls and verification, the conclusions mean fuck all. If someone believes eating tuna daily made them gain 5 lbs but there were no controls for variables maybe they were taking a medication that slowed their metabolism, you can see how their perception is useless.

The reason I don't trust experience is because people try to find patterns when they don't exist or twist information so it makes sense to them (e.g. apophenia/pareidolia, confirmation bias etc.)

We are seriously derailing this thread though so if you want to discuss this further, PM me.

Last edited:
Its okay, your topic is more interesting than mines. I know that I get too wired up and get so anxious that I forget stuff, so if I take a little benzo then I can have a better recollection of what to do.

I know what you guys mean though, I am an outlier, I'm the weirdo who doesn't fit into the data, and it helps sometimes to correlate my experience with some other people in case they ask you the same question, you can reply this idiot on a forum had the same thing this is what he did etc. But it doesn't fit into any study, so its helpful once someone notices the same symptoms to fit into a casual cause and correlation. I don't think it could fit into a formal one, unless the doctor keeps getting people like me.

Its okay, your topic is more interesting than mines. I know that I get too wired up and get so anxious that I forget stuff, so if I take a little benzo then I can have a better recollection of what to do.

I know what you guys mean though, I am an outlier, I'm the weirdo who doesn't fit into the data, and it helps sometimes to correlate my experience with some other people in case they ask you the same question, you can reply this idiot on a forum had the same thing this is what he did etc. But it doesn't fit into any study, so its helpful once someone notices the same symptoms to fit into a casual cause and correlation. I don't think it could fit into a formal one, unless the doctor keeps getting people like me.

THANK YOU!...thats all I was trying to get across to Cane. just because what you experience isnt scientific proof or anything like that, doesnt mean it has no value. And when I say value, it doesnt have to only mean "scientif proof". Value is value...not prrof. It can be anything that benefits anyone.

Thank you jamesB, your post really put mine into context. I really agree with your ideas and your way of thinking. The human body is so complex, sometimes we really do have to "think outside of the box". Everything isn't as black and white as we'd like it to be sometimes. Hopefully this will shed some light on others

The reason I don't trust experience is because people try to find patterns when they don't exist or twist information so it makes sense to them (e.g. apophenia/pareidolia, confirmation bias etc.)

Your reasoning is sound and logical. My own reasoning is much less scientific. Consider the placebo effect. I can make up some shit and hope they get better. Now lets say I told them my own experiences and they're like 'oh shit me too damn' so I tell them how to cure it. If it works then thats fantastic, if not, then they can google it or look it up on WebMD. To me the ends justify the means, it doesn't matter if the pill doesn't cure them, they think it does and if its mental problem, they can now have less side effects.

The reason that I think that in this case that it wouldn't be harmful is that the user first notices something then asks, and if I had the same experience, it could be both beneficial to them if I told them my experience, as well as fulfilling your biases.

Now thats a hopeful situation, it might not work at all, and make me look stoopidur than I am. Its not very scientific, and I have no proof besides my own experience.

I apologize but I am very confused by your post... make up what shit? hope who gets better? better than what? are they sick? what are they supposed to google and why? how does your experience factor in? what do (whose?) biases have to do with this?

I think I MIGHT be getting the gist of what you're saying, but your examples really confuse me.

Making up shit as in the placebo effect. Sorry my language sucks.

Lets say a friend has a problem. They want to get better, and you already have a bias, your own fix. You have had already had the same problem, so you say "Hey, I had the same problem, I have the cure too!" They are excited and exclaim that they will try it as well. Regardless of if it really helped their problem, the placebo effect is in place, and it might just fix whatever they had.

If it doesn't work, you say sorry it didn't work for you, you should look that shit up or go see a doctor.

^no idea what that means...

and OP, I get what you're saying but I'm missing the relevance to this discussion. Maybe its the vodka, but I'm missing something here.

Sorry, just saying that you are completely and positively scientifically correct, although the bias will not go away, it will have merit to someone in a practical situation, not in a scientific background though.

Yea, sry Depressica, but I too am having trouble understanding exactly what you are saying. I thought we were on the same page a few minutes ago and now I really dont know. Maybe your just trying to explain what we were saying a while back and are just doing a very poor job at it. I dont know.

It would help me out alot if you just told me if your trying to explain what we were saying before, or if its something knew. Because if its the same thing as before, then I know what your trying to say and I believe I can doa little better job at explaining it to Cane.

Maybe the dexedrine your taking is improving your memory, and the klonopin is just slowing you down enough to think lol.

haha....thats the way it is with some people....bu Depressica has actually stated in previous posts that stimulants make her memory worse, not better.....so in this case, I would say that is not the answer.

I have to change my stupid name!

I just took some amps again today, I'm going to hopefully have an okay time doing stuff. I kept forgetting where I put my stuff! I might just be getting really high from my pills so I keep forgetting stuff. I just took half an ER but I keep forgetting where I put my stuff when I went to school and I was really antisocial.

HA....are you laughing because this thread has to do with remembering things and she might have "forgot" that she posted the same thread a couple days ago?....if thats not what your laughing about then I have no clue why your laughing and please explain.

It took me a while to realize why you "lol"ed. That is, if im right on why your doing it. I felt like an idiot once I realized it.

You got that right ;)

Sorry to dig up such an old thread, but this is a top search result in google when looking for "klonopin improved memory"

Anyway, I can't believe the ignorance of people with such a black and white view of the human mind.. I'll just leave the following for those interested in science backed research:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22819624

In short, yes, klonopin can improve memory