• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"I'm Tripping balls and Everything is distorted/trippified EXCEPT for......"

I agree about shows and such. I went to Pretty Lights on a pretty good dose of LSD and the visual aspect was gone but it seemed once I left the show my visuals almost tried to catch up as everything was very severely distorted to the point I couldn't really see for about 5 minutes before it calmed down a little again.

My friends and I decided that fire is a "tripping constant". The Flames/fire is moving so rapidly in every direction, gaining and losing mass, that there's no possible way for it to be visually distorted, IME.

but what about when it is changing colors ???

When I was like 19 years old my roommate and I would always walk through our neighborhood while tripping. Everything looked really cool except for this one newspaper vending box (I have no idea what their proper name is, you put a quarter in and get a newspaper). For some reason it always looked painfully ordinary. It became a tripping tradition for us to go insult the newspaper box. We would stand in front of it and say hurtful things to it and berate it for its refusal to participate in our trip.

Good times.

Nice to see this thread bumped, it's an interesting subject. Well it's 3 years on since my last post and one I'll add is that I actually have a friend, he's a practising shaman, meditates a lot, really balanced individual who knows what he's doing with his life - when me and other friends have tripped with/around him, all of our faces etc will be morphing to oblivion, except his, none of us get any visuals around him.

It didn't make sense to me at first how that could even be possible, that one person didn't produce any visuals at all when everyone else's faces were warping all over the place, but then I thought about how we all knew the guy as being incredibly balanced, stable, etc - and I remembered that just like closed eye visuals, the visuals we see with open eyes are somewhat built up by our thoughts and expectations, so the way we see another persons face when tripping may be related to what we think of them as a person, i.e. if someone has a very chaotic and messy presence, always having problems and conflicts etc then it's likely we may see them in a very crazy/chaotic fashion when tripping, while someone quite balanced like my friend may seem unmoved by the visuals.

That was the best theory I could come up with anyway to explain it. It wouldn't surprise me if I was right though, maybe that's where the whole "Aura reading" fringe stuff comes from - just people projecting their own views of a person on to their vision of them through some kind of synaesthesia they experience.

I think there is a lot of truth in this. But to fine tune the theory a little I think it definitely does have more to do with the way you perceive the person, as in the history's between the two, the stability of the relationship is the dominating factor. If the face melts and warps its a kin to avoiding real eye contact (soul contact), and the person will much more easily melt away as a sort of avoidance by the mind.

Seems reasonably true in my experience and as someone above has mentioned, his gf's face never warps when he's buggin' out :)