Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

"I'm Tripping balls and Everything is distorted/trippified EXCEPT for......"

thoughtsUnThought

Bluelighter
"I'm Tripping balls and Everything is distorted/trippified EXCEPT for......"

this is a pretty random, fairly silly, and potentially quickly-dead-ending idea.

When you are tripping balls, and the world is visually submerged in your perceptual psychedelia, WHAT if anything isn't much different. What things are surprisingly 'not trippy looking' or 'not much different from normal' amidst the tsunami...??

I remember way back when, on me and my friends early experiences, the LAVA LAMP always looked the same lol. Everything would be all melty and distorted, and then we would look at the lava lamp and be completely unimpressed. Though that lava is inherently 'trippy', the psychedelic visuals seemed to mimic or match the wavey trippiness which the lava lamp had all along.

the exception was getting super close to the lava lamp and staring at it, lol, i remember seeing faces in the bubbles and stuff like that. BUT while sitting across the room, or even a few feet from it, the trippiness of that lava lamp was easily the least climactic visual.

also, often the person i'm trippin with is more 'solid' seeming than the environment. ie, the room is melting and turning into battlefields and dr. seuss characters, but my friend, though distorted seems more 'contained'. I've definitely had the excption to the norm with this one, i've seen my friends nose turn into a 'gate guardian', i've seen him become an elf, both on mescaline, and i'm sure a few other absolute distortions of the person in the room. But still, the effect of the room falling away much easier than the people within the room stands. thinking back now, the truly fierce visuals only attacked my friend when i was focusing on him, whereas wehn looking out into the room, he had a 'bubble of solidity' around him..the aura..?

my final 2 cents is optical illusions...while they are far from anti-climactic, the traditional illusion which the object is connected to doesn't seem to have the same effect. i always had a poster that said 'free your mind' with overlapping checkerboard circles and potleaves around. when sober there would always be a 'gear turning' effect which the illusion induced. while tripping, i didn't usually see the gears moving, rather it could become more 3-d looking and seem almost like a tunnel.

like i prefaced, this may be a boring thread idea. but i figured it was worth asking about. DO YOU GUYS have any rememberence of surprisingly 'Less than Trippy' things to look at tripping??

yep same thing dude the mrs just looked normal while all else melted

My friends and I decided that fire is a "tripping constant". The Flames/fire is moving so rapidly in every direction, gaining and losing mass, that there's no possible way for it to be visually distorted, IME.

Generally most trippy things, particularly moving trippy things - from lava lamps, to special effects in movies, hold very little interest for me when I'm tripping and tend to not be very visual at all. Plain but colourful things on the other hand are the complete opposite and suffer the biggest distortions.

My friends and I decided that fire is a "tripping constant". The Flames/fire is moving so rapidly in every direction, gaining and losing mass, that there's no possible way for it to be visually distorted, IME.
I couldn't think of anything I experienced that would qualify for this thread until I read this. Made me realize that this is very true and a lot of my trips involved campfires. My favorite setting to be honest.

^same here. Camping and psychadelics go together like peanut butter and bananas=D

I remember being on 2c-i in a total downpour of rain whilst standing close to the bonfire and could only describe it as "being licked by flames"

I was cleaning my room and found a kaleidoscope. I remember how excited I was when I found it -- I couldn't wait to use it with 2C-E.

How very disappointed I was when I discovered that looking through it on 2C-E looked...just like it does not on 2C-E. Heh. That, and the balance was really off, which for some reason pissed me off so much when I was tripping.

Yeah the trippier things are the less trippier they are on psychedelics. Which I don't think should be surprising, it just makes sense.

Things that aren't trippy are what don't make sense. Maybe this is why the bathroom has such a big impact, there's just nothing strange about them when you're sober.

What is it with psychedelics and bathrooms? Most people, including myself, seem to trip out easiest in a bathroom. The mirror has a lot to do with it, but an easy way to gauge how hard I'm tripping is to look at the toilet.

Sometimes I think the crapper is a portal to the underworld.

^lol, agree with the toilet, and tiles and mirrors,and the lighting in bathrooms all seems to do it, the tiles witht he grid patterns and shiny surfaces, all good.

My dog refuses to warp or melt or change colour at all, even on DMT the most he does is divide into 3 and chase himself round in circles, while the other one chases both of them. He once looked a bit fat and plastic, but he generally refuses to do anything intersting visually.

Lol i know what you're talking about OP. Sometimes i'll be at a show while i'm trippin' at there is so much going on with lights and visualizers and people dancing that it's hard to even tell you're trippin' until you leave the room or like others in thread have said ESPECIALLY in bathrooms. Bathrooms provide for you static surfaces and light sources for your your visuals to overlay themselves onto.

If I look at the sky and focus on my visuals, i can use the sky as a canvas for my visuals to manifest themslves upon. I can tune into them and start tunneling into the sky as if the sky were CEV's. These visuals are composed of the same geometrical patterns as my CEV's, and differ from my OEV's. But if i move my eyes or focus on something else they all disappear.

Usually people stay fairly constant and don't morph or shift much but still do a little bit sometimes but not to the degree as other stuff

Light shows at a rave. There's plenty of other stuff to look at, but in my experience lasers and flashing lights tend to move around too quickly to become distorted.

Was trippin on something years ago, realised how untrippy the "trippy/psychadelic morphing" screen saver was

Yeah, fire...I built a bon-fire just to look at while tripping on AL-LAD....big letdown...fire is trippy enough w/o the drugs.

Nice to see this thread bumped, it's an interesting subject. Well it's 3 years on since my last post and one I'll add is that I actually have a friend, he's a practising shaman, meditates a lot, really balanced individual who knows what he's doing with his life - when me and other friends have tripped with/around him, all of our faces etc will be morphing to oblivion, except his, none of us get any visuals around him.

It didn't make sense to me at first how that could even be possible, that one person didn't produce any visuals at all when everyone else's faces were warping all over the place, but then I thought about how we all knew the guy as being incredibly balanced, stable, etc - and I remembered that just like closed eye visuals, the visuals we see with open eyes are somewhat built up by our thoughts and expectations, so the way we see another persons face when tripping may be related to what we think of them as a person, i.e. if someone has a very chaotic and messy presence, always having problems and conflicts etc then it's likely we may see them in a very crazy/chaotic fashion when tripping, while someone quite balanced like my friend may seem unmoved by the visuals.

That was the best theory I could come up with anyway to explain it. It wouldn't surprise me if I was right though, maybe that's where the whole "Aura reading" fringe stuff comes from - just people projecting their own views of a person on to their vision of them through some kind of synaesthesia they experience.

^^ interesting, i remember doing 2C-I or B maybe for the first time, and the colours around the people who were at the party definately reflected what i thought of them ie. this pretty girl dancing at the house party who i had a crush on had light soothing coulors eminating (her aura) whereas people i disliked had dark, negative colours as their "aura"...