• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I'm not completely out of the woods, but I can see the horizon

I know right? Skunks are cool and actually loving animals. (Deglanded that is) but they we're probably just scared of his dogs
Its a defense

Ouch!
I see why ya aint chasing nothin. hahaha
im kinda in the same boat but want to get outta urbania bs. im trying.

Living in the woods in small town America is heaven. Everyone is so polite.

The other day at the gas station there was a lady walking in, she didn't hear me behind her and let the door close. When she heard me open it two seconds later she apologized 3 times for not holding the door. I was like ma'am it's completely ok, lol

Bike wreck?
They wanna operate on me I cant yet or maybe never the pain is real though. Top it off I fell down some concrete steps a coupla weeks ago and fractured some bones in right leg... which reminds me i need those xrays and ct scans. Tryin to stay still but gotta move too is a bitch. lol
one
Jim

Been there, done that! Like someone told me years ago, there are only two kinds of riders, those who "have" wrecked...and those who just haven't yet. I think it was in the ER when they spent 6 hours picking gravel out of my knee!

Seriously though, best of luck!

Hi, really glad about you having quit opiates for good.
As you mention energy being not 100%, I wonder if you know that opiates will significantly lower Testosterone production and this can persist after discontinuation for some people.
If you have low test symptoms you may want to get bloodwork to check if your HPTA has resumed working properly.

Well I still work 10 hours a day, 4 days a week. Still get down with my wife of 20 years 2-3 times a day. Still walk my dogs a few miles in the woods when I get home.

It's just the boost from the narcotic you feel. Tomorrow is 14 days. It's rough and not easy, but I got this shit.

Well I still work 10 hours a day, 4 days a week. Still get down with my wife of 20 years 2-3 times a day. Still walk my dogs a few miles in the woods when I get home.

It's just the boost from the narcotic you feel. Tomorrow is 14 days. It's rough and not easy, but I got this shit.
Day 15 . Going strong. I'm not bragging or anything but it helps me to talk here .

I've had times when I tried to get sober, with no job , no money and it was complete despair. If you sit in your room curled up in a ball of depression it's going to be 100x worse.

If you stay busy and try to unfuck yourself it can be done. Even if you don't have a job go walk your ass 15 miles in the park everyday, you'll sleep.

I have 3 kids, a wife and a job I'm going to retire from. I will not fail.
Get busy living or get busy dieing.

Thats great man. How are ya dealing with the aches and shit just ignoring them? It is a game I play with myself sometimes. I usually win. ;)

I take like 6 aleve a day.
Yeah I use this med a great deal as well. I try not to go above the recommended 440mg a day but sometimes if eating a full meal I may double this (440mg) with each meal.
It can cause some cramping and other issues I have found. Gotta drink lots of water with this drug.
Glad to hear that you are in your element and comfortable. Can't ask for much more and know the grass is always greener but to go from no grass to grass has to be a boon.
✌️

it's when they say it cant be done, am i right? like the bandit back in the days. lol
specially if ya did it before it's like "fuck it taking all bets i can mfs!".... :mad finger:
Glad ya still kickin it. Gettin cool yet?

it's when they say it cant be done, am i right? like the bandit back in the days. lol
specially if ya did it before it's like "fuck it taking all bets i can mfs!".... :mad finger:
Glad ya still kickin it. Gettin cool yet?

If the chips are down don't ever count me out.
Yes it's getting below freezing already. It hurts but I'm going to win.

It hurts but I'm going to win.
Sounds like you are in a good spot mentally. Really hopeing the best for you and yours and maybe we cross someday... small world and making some decisions in location and surrounds and tbh I want a mountain.
Bless
Always

3-4 a day. Had one ten milligram left and decided I wasn't getting anymore. Took half one day and half the next and that was that.
Sorry man I couldnt keep up with two simple notifications cause I just got some weed after a couple three days without. So I brought it here. lol we can undo this I just thought it couldnt be done and tryin it. Gotta push it.
Simple will, determination and nuts can get us past some fairly fucked up places.
Is it sustainable? I mean is this a long term solution to a bigger issue?
J

I love me some good weed. :) My wife had me blown out by 10am yesterday, lol.

It's 100% about will and mind power. And yes it's completely sustainable. I still think about taking them, hell I've even had dreams about taking them. I woke up all pissed of till I realized it was a dream.

All I know is if I take another I'll be back to square one within a month.

I don't want to deal with that again so it's not going to happen.

P.S- thanks for talking to me through this, it helps. If you're ever in MI gimme a shout.

It's 100% about will and mind power.
Bro there is a thread somewhere about this too... I couldnt find it for the life of me but its title is about mind controlling addictions. I was like hell yeah but it takes body/mind to keep it locked down. The mind can take us either way up/down sideways/across but if it ever comes to doing something I must facing away is a rare occasion. A healthy-ish body can sustain a lot more trauma than one not so nourished. Just my take. Kinda all fits together somehow. Like recently:
Fractured leg and ribs... the aches are now gone and can sleep. But chillin (trying to) and getting good rest and food is healing my mind and body at once.
I still think about taking them, hell I've even had dreams about taking them. I woke up all pissed of till I realized it was a dream.
That's part and parcel. Took about 3 months kinda reminds me of crack dreams where in both I used to wake up so fuckin heartbroke and angry for it. Sucked. Hate it.
I get a rush looking at peoples stash and talking about shit that may trigger but I just look at it as a free high these days even if I did have a dream of "using". But that anger and disappointment that I felt was no joke man it was like a slap inda freakin face.
I think this is common with cessation of most mind/body altering substances.
Not a dr and do not play one on tv
:buddies:

My wife smokes everyday, I smoke a few days a week. Sometimes it helps, sometimes it makes it worse.
Since this post do you feel like you are more tolerant of weeds effects than before (maybe while in WDs)? If I am in any kind of withdrawals weed is not for me but it is my DOC (well...) but coming off both opioids and benzos I can barely touch it. Like a gram would last a week or two. Just couldn't handle the anxiety boost.