• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I'm missing something. Is there a limit to getting high?

vaping should only mean vaping flower

carts and the vape pen are those things that give you a bullshit high...that's what you're smoking - distillate bullshit from trim that you wouldn't even use for anything else...scraps

ya know what it is too right? it's because the tobacco smokers switched to the vape pens and they started calling that vaping, and then the kids who never actually vaped flower started calling the carts "vaping" - it's not vaping tho

vaping is vaping flower
pens vaporize the contents of cartridges. what should they instead call that process in order to satisfy the prejudice of the small minority of users who vape dry bud? language is mutable, sometimes we have to adapt even if we don't want to

pens vaporize the contents of cartridges. what should they instead call that process in order to satisfy the prejudice of the small minority of users who vape dry bud? language is mutable, sometimes we have to adapt even if we don't want to

idk....maybe you guys should call it "cartin" if you insist on it being one word - sounds stupid but idk then think of something else.....most people i know say theyre "smoking carts" or the "pen"

but fuck off of "vaping" - it's taken already :)

It's there a Max amount of thc mg that after maybe 1000mg you can't get higher? Or do the receptors get full and that's the limit of getting high. I asking because I wonder if I'm vaping wrong. But I'm thinking about it now so maybe you can help me think a little faster because I vape every day almost.
With natural cannabis it's only a partial canabinoid antagonist where as synthetic canabinoids are full cb1 and cb2 antagonists so with natural weed I think there is a limit after a while you just fall asleep

It's not really a prejudice, though. I just hate the confusion that comes with the term now. I don't really care which is which, I just wish there were separate, distinct terms for using either method.

i don't think there's a meaningful distinction, though. vaporizing applies equally to dry bud or glycerin carts, if we really need to distinguish then you can say vaping carts or vaping bud. "vaping" itself is now a generic term. is the term "vaping dmt" also a corruption?

Yes it's just hard to quit when you never run out. It's hard because I always use it when I'm bored. I'm never bored with weed. So it's almost unnatural to feel bord. But I'm vaping less already and that's a good idea just quitting a day or two.. helps

vaping should only mean vaping flower

carts and the vape pen are those things that give you a bullshit high...that's what you're smoking - distillate bullshit from trim that you wouldn't even use for anything else...scraps

ya know what it is too right? it's because the tobacco smokers switched to the vape pens and they started calling that vaping, and then the kids who never actually vaped flower started calling the carts "vaping" - it's not vaping tho

vaping is vaping flower
I agree that vaping oil cartridges is a bullshit high. I used to try over and over and never get as high as smoking flower. Then I tried dab/wax. That shit is not a bullshit high. In fact, when I vape dab, I sometimes get too high and have to chill for a minute and take some deep meditative breaths to avoid a panic attack.

idk....maybe you guys should call it "cartin" if you insist on it being one word - sounds stupid but idk then think of something else.....most people i know say theyre "smoking carts" or the "pen"

but fuck off of "vaping" - it's taken already :)
Isn't there a South Park episode where Randy Marsh starts a weed farm in CO and has a beef with the vape people? I think they call the pens "douche flutes" or something :LOL:

i don't think there's a meaningful distinction, though. vaporizing applies equally to dry bud or glycerin carts, if we really need to distinguish then you can say vaping carts or vaping bud. "vaping" itself is now a generic term. is the term "vaping dmt" also a corruption?

The minor inconvenience comes from casual conversation. Person A mentions they just vaped, referring to carts. Person B responds how they love vaping and start trying to compare different dry herb vapes. Person A then takes time to explain how they weren't talking about flower, they were talking about carts. Person B loses enthusiasm for the conversation because they either know nothing about carts or simply dislike them, and then Person A feels like an asshole for even using the term and creating an awkward conversation. It can work in reverse, too.

Again, it's not serious-- it's just slightly inconvenient. I also don't think that carts aren't a form of vaporizer, I just don't like how the word's become an umbrella term for totally different types of use. It's also not about creating a culture of division, I just like to be clear and concise in conversation and whenever I let the term "vape" slip it inevitably leads to extraneous explanation of what I mean.

Last edited:
for a while there it was just called "distillate", then they started putting the distillate in carts, and at the same time, e-cigs and vaping nicotine were rising in popularity - which they called "vaping"

that's the whole story

The minor inconvenience comes from casual conversation. Person A mentions they just vaped, referring to carts. Person B responds how they love vaping and start trying to compare different dry herb vapes. Person A then takes time to explain how they weren't talking about flower, they were talking about carts. Person B loses enthusiasm for the conversation because they either know nothing about carts or simply dislike them, and then Person A feels like an asshole for even using the term and creating an awkward conversation. It can work in reverse, too.

Again, it's not serious-- it's just slightly inconvenient. I also don't think that carts aren't a form of vaporizer, I just don't like how the word's become an umbrella term for totally different types of use. It's also not about creating a culture of division, I just like to be clear and concise in conversation and whenever I let the term "vape" slip it inevitably leads to extraneous explanation of what I mean.
The issue is Person B, knowing full well in TYOOL 2022 that "vaping" is a generic term which has multiple meanings, going ahead with their assumption instead of asking a clarifying question. "Carts or bud?" handles it in three words. Person A has no reason to feel like an asshole for using the term because it is appropriate to both uses. Language evolves, and this isn't a case of incorrect usage (like "for all intensive purposes") but rather that the scope of the word's usage has appropriately expanded to capture developments in culture and technology (like how people "ride" bicycles when they used to just ride horses)

The issue is Person B, knowing full well in TYOOL 2022 that "vaping" is a generic term which has multiple meanings, going ahead with their assumption instead of asking a clarifying question. "Carts or bud?" handles it in three words. Person A has no reason to feel like an asshole for using the term because it is appropriate to both uses. Language evolves, and this isn't a case of incorrect usage (like "for all intensive purposes") but rather that the scope of the word's usage has appropriately expanded to capture developments in culture and technology (like how people "ride" bicycles when they used to just ride horses)

Seeing as how this is the hill you seem willing to die on, you need to go back and realize I never said either usage was incorrect. My issue is the ambiguity of the word now-- "vape" is an umbrella term that doesn't really specify what you mean now.

I don't harbor any kind of possessiveness about the word, I just wish the subculture's LANGUAGE WOULD EVOLVE more specific terms to avoid the ambiguity and unnecessary explanation. I don't understand why you seem so up in arms and ready to defend something that I'm not really leading an attack on. It's like you entered a conversation as if it were a debate, and now you feel like you have to defend your position against an imaginary opponent.

EDIT: And just as a fwiw, riding bicycles vs. riding horses (vs. motorcycles) is a perfect example! See, people realized that an ambiguity grew out of the word "riding" with the development of personal transportation technology. Never fear, though! Language evolved! It found a way to discern the difference with a single word! Now, you can just say you're cycling if you're referring to a bicycle and a well-informed person will instantly know the exact distinction you've just made. As a result of the more descriptive term, "riding" has become more associated with motorcycles, to the point where a person talking about bicycles now almost invariably says "riding bikes" if they refer to it as riding. Horses? Can't really speak to those, no personal experience. I'm sure a quick google search would find a specific term for riding horseback, though.

And the best part? None of this is really problematic! It might be slightly irritating in the middle of a confusing moment due to ambiguous word choice, but language and conversation still move on. Kind of.... kind of exactly what I've been saying about the application of the word "vape" to multiple types of ingestion.

*EXTRA CREDIT QUESTION: Why is it that we ride motorcycles and bikes but we drive cars?

Last edited:
Seeing as how this is the hill you seem willing to die on, you need to go back and realize I never said either usage was incorrect. My issue is the ambiguity of the word now-- "vape" is an umbrella term that doesn't really specify what you mean now.

I don't harbor any kind of possessiveness about the word, I just wish the subculture's LANGUAGE WOULD EVOLVE more specific terms to avoid the ambiguity and unnecessary explanation. I don't understand why you seem so up in arms and ready to defend something that I'm not really leading an attack on. It's like you entered a conversation as if it were a debate, and now you feel like you have to defend your position against an imaginary opponent.

EDIT: And just as a fwiw, riding bicycles vs. riding horses (vs. motorcycles) is a perfect example! See, people realized that an ambiguity grew out of the word "riding" with the development of personal transportation technology. Never fear, though! Language evolved! It found a way to discern the difference with a single word! Now, you can just say you're cycling if you're referring to a bicycle and a well-informed person will instantly know the exact distinction you've just made. As a result of the more descriptive term, "riding" has become more associated with motorcycles, to the point where a person talking about bicycles now almost invariably says "riding bikes" if they refer to it as riding. Horses? Can't really speak to those, no personal experience. I'm sure a quick google search would find a specific term for riding horseback, though.

And the best part? None of this is really problematic! It might be slightly irritating in the middle of a confusing moment due to ambiguous word choice, but language and conversation still move on. Kind of.... kind of exactly what I've been saying about the application of the word "vape" to multiple types of ingestion.

*EXTRA CREDIT QUESTION: Why is it that we ride motorcycles and bikes but we drive cars?
Sorry, wasn't trying to single you out, you were just making the most coherent argument, and I was more arguing a point through you rather than at you. There are a few other people in the thread who are adamant that the change is an issue and everyone else is wrong, and I still don't think the ambiguity is a problem. When friends ask how I got the the restaurant, I say "I rode". If they know me they know I mean bicicyle, if they don't they might ask "motorcycle or bike?" and it clears it up pretty quick. Other people can say cycling if they want but I find it awkward even if it's more precise, which is probably why people just say vaping and wait for context to sort it out.