• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Need Help I'm looking for an alternative to alcohol for my anxiety.

psychlo0015

Bluelighter
I have developed a drinking problem. It started when I wanted to get good at making music on fl studios... It's so boring sitting there looking at a screen for so long and eventually i needed to drink to make it fun again. So now I drink way too much and wanna stop but now I can hardly put in 30 minutes without a drink maybe like an hour and a half if im lucky.

My question is what medication would help me quit alcohol and at the same time make music production less boring? I'm thinking tramadol. I've always wanted to try it as it sounds perfect for me but idk. I don't want to start taking zanex or anything because your not supposed to take it long term.

I'm currently taking effexor and abilify too so im sure ill need to get off of the effexor which I will kinda miss but in all honesty id rather have tramadol it just sounds more therapeutic to my needs. Ive been very strict with my doctors when they try to get me on zanex or something i always say no i will take the other stuff so im good to go without any addictions except to alcohol. The only opiate I ever had was waking up with a fentanyl patch on my shoulder after a surgery on my clavicle.

Not sure if you guys will agree but it just sounds like such a pleasant experience to produce on tramadol and my antipsychotic... How im envisioning it is that I use tramadol as my anti depressant from then on or at least till I can quit drinking permanently.

all I can say is: I am actively working on an ethanol alternative. i'll let you know when we have product hitting shelves. <3 the struggle is real.

Is Gabapentin a safer less dependance causing than benzos?

I'm pretty sure it is. before getting on it I looked and the medical people recommended only a four day taper, but we all know how clueless they can sometimes be. I [personally don't perceive any great effects, however i'm interested to see if this is a rest of my life medication or not. If it is I can handle it.. its 5$ a month and has had seemingly no effects at all except for preventing alcohol use and cravings.

Other people have had different experiences with it, but that is mine slo far. So happy to be off the sauce and im still currently going through large doses of trauma and now I also have a stressful serious health condition, but still not drinking and very happy not to be.

I havent tried it but i read about it i dont think its a good fit for me since I have fatty liver and splean dissease. pretty sure i caught it from when i took dnp. My gut has allso grown since i started drinking not sure why by yeah its time to stop.

its eliminated by the kidneys.

Here is some information on opiates and damaged systems. Trading alcohol for opiates may work, but then you have the nightmare of opiate dependency.

Liver function and Opioids

Last edited:
well is tramadol the same as something like heroin or fentanyl? tramadol seems like an amazing substance that yeah it acts like an opiate for killing pain. (i have mojor pain issues mostly it feels like im being pricked with a needle or just general malas.) but im mainly interested in the serotonin effects since thats what im going for with alcohol.

the opiate effect i think will be beneficial to music production. and thats all i care about

bro weed is only good for like creativity it has no effect on anxiety for me at least. if anything the dose i need for creativity is more than my anxiety allows hence more beers

I understand. Have you tried phenibut? Keep you off the booze at least.

@psychlo0015 maybe consider kratom. It has a unique blend of effects that is perfect for this sort of thing IMO.

In high doses it can negatively interact with antipsychotics and SSRI, though. But so does alcohol and tramadol.

And be careful with tramadol, it can cause serotonin syndrome with those meds.

all I can say is: I am actively working on an ethanol alternative. i'll let you know when we have product hitting shelves. <3 the struggle is real.
I still want to try your concoction. I know what you speak of. If you need a guinea pig I'd be first in line ;)

(Don't worry I haven't told anyone about it)

Yes I used to like kratom too. But I found taking too much 15x extract became a bit dysphoric after a while.

Yes I used to like kratom too. But I found taking too much 15x extract became a bit dysphoric after a while.
Yeah, kratom is something where the dose needs to be dialed in. Quality matters a lot as well, bad stuff more easily can be dysphoric.

Yeah I never experienced anything quite like it. I used to take 1.5g back in the day. But now 1g makes me real edgey. But it is lovely if you fine the sweet spot.

I read on here somewhere that someone was doing combo kratom, clonazepam and pseudoephedrine. I've tried that a few times and found it very pleasant.