• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! I'm looking for a new life

first let me just ask. i heard escasy contains herion . is this true? Anyways my speech impediment i dont know what its called but i cant pronouce certain words like for example i cant say world,girl,swirl,earl, narly,carly , murder, etc . By not pronoucing word s right i always eff up on sentences . so ill eaither say what im about to say and ill start to say it then just stop saying what i was about to say. so by not talking alot made my speech worse as time went by.

Then maybe you should just say "Fuck it" and get out there and start talking. To be perfectly honest wth you, I literally don't notice speech impediments- its only right now, looking back, that I guess some of the people around do....One of my best friends has an almighty lisp, yet I don't even hear it now, and he woul talk to a wooden pole. Truly, it isn't something I find strange or weird; just that that's how they speak :D Your partly crippling yourself by not giving yourself a go- if someone has a problem with how you speak, FUCK THEM, thats their problem; you needn't make it yours....:) Try and stand back from the problem and see if its really that bad. Its probably annoying- but perhaps it needn't be anymore then that.

Peace my friend...:) <3

Just to communicate my experience, mushrooms are much harder than LSD. They have a tendency to produce a lot of anxiety in me. I find LSD much smoother. Mushrooms for me are by no means "fun", they're a grueling, difficult, spiritual experience that has it's benefits, but by no means "fun". Your mileage may vary of course.

?????? your trippin dude, mushrooms are by far the most fun drug out there, a good trip on shrooms is way better then anything MDMA has to offer..

acid on the otherhand is just an experience, not fun, just a fucking trip

oh my godzzz i love mushrooms

?????? your trippin dude, mushrooms are by far the most fun drug out there, a good trip on shrooms is way better then anything MDMA has to offer..

Maybe to you. Thing affect different people differently. Many people feel mushroom trips are more prone to anxiety. For me if I'm looking for a positive experience, I steer clear of mushrooms. LSD and MDMA both give me euphoric, beautiful experiences unlike mushrooms. Your mileage may vary.

Then maybe you should just say "Fuck it" and get out there and start talking. To be perfectly honest wth you, I literally don't notice speech impediments- its only right now, looking back, that I guess some of the people around do....One of my best friends has an almighty lisp, yet I don't even hear it now, and he woul talk to a wooden pole. Truly, it isn't something I find strange or weird; just that that's how they speak :D Your partly crippling yourself by not giving yourself a go- if someone has a problem with how you speak, FUCK THEM, thats their problem; you needn't make it yours....:) Try and stand back from the problem and see if its really that bad. Its probably annoying- but perhaps it needn't be anymore then that.

Yeah! Seconded! Focus on what you have to say, not you talking. And however it comes out is how it comes out. What's the worse that can happen? I'll tell you. Them saying "what?" But I doubt that'll happen.

The fact you exist as you do is a miracle in itself. Learn not to sweat the stuff that makes you sweat (something I'm still learning to do also).

Wow I had the worst trip today . I was in mcdonalds and while we were looking at the menu , my vision went brurry and I couldn't make anything out . I told my friend and he said I'm fine . So then he went up to order and I was alone . Then I stumble to the little wall behind me to hold me up from falling . Then I told my friend that I half to get to the car bc I'm about to pass out . Next thing Is me banging my head on something and I was laying on the ground . My friend came over and they were both laughing and was like dude get up . So then all of sudden I'm in my car talking about what just happened . They told me that i was just walking then all of sudden fell and hit my head on the mcdonalds door. Now i have a huge red mark on my face and cant move my head without my neck hurying .Everybody in mcdonalds new I was on drugs or drunk. Now it got me thinking . If I trip this bad on just weed it scares what will happen on harder drugs.

Well weed is completely different than psychs (well for the most part). I personally don't enjoy weed much anymore, and have recently quit. However psychedelics still interest me.

But if you're gonna trip, make sure you're in a good setting......mcdonalds definitely wouldn't be.

And also, you might've just had low blood sugar or something.

^ I agree with this 100%. Weed is terrible for my social anxiety. I only smoke when I'm chilling out at home. When I was in high school and I'd smoke weed I'd often get dizzy/fainty. Low blood sugar could definitely be the culprit, I'm prone to it and that's the feeling it gives me when I get it.

Psychedelics don't do this to me, totally different effects and mechanism of action in the brain.

EDIT: I completely forgot to mention this. The reason why psychedelics don't give me that dizzy/fainty feeling that accompanies intense social anxiety sometimes is probably because I never use psychedelics in social situations. Set/setting is of utmost importance. I pretty much only trip in the comfort of my home or outside going for a walk in the woods, NEVER at mcdonald's :p

Last edited:
Cannabis helps some people with anxiety, and others it doesn't. In me it seemed to have a powerful anxiolytic effect in really high doses, but made me really anxious and paranoid at lower doses. Consequently, I've spent about half of my life until very recently consuming big, big doses of herb. Paradoxically, giving up herb after using it to deal with anxiety for so many years virtually eliminated any anxiety I would have. It helped me get over anxiety as a teenager which became nonexistent as I grew up, or something. I dunno.

Tripping at mcdonalds lol. I'm able to trip on mushrooms and shop at a small town grocery store. cities are a different story though.

Most people that I know consider mushrooms to be the most anxiety-producing psychedelic out there, and certainly more difficult than LSD. Some find it to be like you do, light and fun, but not most.

I agree though that a good mushroom trip is better than MDMA, or LSD, or anything. It's just not easy to get past the initial anxiety.

NO IT WILL NOT. CHARACTER IS NOT SOMETHING DRUGS WILL GIVE YOU> YOU MUST GO OUT And FORGE WHO YOU WANT TO BE, WORK FOR IT!! YOU HAVE THE CHANCE

I found that mushrooms were a lot nicer to me when I didn't have baggage. Otherwise, I would have that baggage forced down my throat if I tried to ignore it. They can be very euphoric, but very unforgiving if you're going to try to build walls in your mind while they're doing their work. To me, they are my favourite for this reason. When I have little baggage, I can take a low dose mushroom trip and get a euphoric, socially functional high, almost like a hallucinogenic MDMA high. If I have any psychoemotional baggage, I'm in for a rocky ride, and I usually know it before it happens. Before I even eat them.

NO IT WILL NOT. CHARACTER IS NOT SOMETHING DRUGS WILL GIVE YOU> YOU MUST GO OUT And FORGE WHO YOU WANT TO BE, WORK FOR IT!! YOU HAVE THE CHANCE

It sounds like you're thinking of psychedelic drugs as an escape. The OP is talking about using psychedelics as a catalyst to "Forge who he wants to be". This is something they can indeed be used for. I've used them for this reason and they catalysed my development, but I still very much had to work for it, some psychedelic experiences are grueling, authentic, spiritual experiences where the experiencer is doing a lot of real work. Also, caps lock makes the text annoying to read. I know you're trying to emphasize what your saying but caps lock isn't the way to do it, plus it just looks childish.

I usually know it before it happens. Before I even eat them.

I know exactly what you mean. My trips sometimes start before I've even ingested anything. I get all sweaty and anxious, body load symptoms start manifesting. Then I take the chemical and the effects rise until I peak then the body load eases off and the trip flows, but the trip starts before the drug is even in my body.

Last edited:
first and foremost I must say completely agree with what swilow said. Drugs will not "give" you a new life. As he said every moment is a new life because every moment is in constant state of change. So it is alwas a new life. It is what you make out of life. Eating a dose of mdma, or hit of acid or munching some shrooms will not instantly "give" you a new life. As stated it can help point in the right direction as to what steps you can take to create a better life for you, whatever a better life might mean to you. There is no magic potion to instantly make you happym social and whatever else it is you are looking for.

As stated I believe these psychoactive chemicals can however, lead you in the right direction as to what you need to do for yourself to be happy. This being said mdma could be a good option to begin with. It is much lighter than say mushrooms or lsd. It can allow you to open up, be more comfortable in your skin for a time being and maybe realize things you have never realized. However, many pills are vut up these days and thus may not give u a true mdma experience and could possibly become to heavy and not what you are looking for depending on whats in the pill. Not to mention the day after can be kind of heavy, as far as depression and just an overall drained feeling. If you already feel this way to begin with it may not be a good idea to further those feelings by the depression you may feel the day after. The experience may seem to artificial as well and may not have a very "real" feeling to them.

Mushrooms may be a good option. Mushrooms tend to be quite introspective for me. I beleive mushrooms pick up on the things that are presenting problems in your life and forces you to deal with them, whether you want to or not. So in this sense I eleive it could help for you to realize exactly what it is you looking for to create a better and happier life. It may help to realize the voids you feel are missing and show you how to fill them to make you happy. In the same sense it can be very devastating. You may not be ready to face some truths that could be presented to you in that time in your life. Make sure you have a clear mind going into it or i find this can happen rather easily. If this route is chosen I suggest taking them in the presence of a very close freind. people you trust. I would suggest not taking them alone. Mushrooms can be a very deep and heavy drug, you need to make sure you are ready for the experience.

LSD seems to be a much lighter feeling. Much more playful. However at the same time I do not find it to be extremely introspective. I beleive it can help to present some truths but definately not as deep of an experiecne as with mushrooms. LSD seems to be more of a laugh out loud helluva good time expereience but not necessarily too introspective into personal issues. This may be a good psychoactive to begin with. Its not to heavy, it doesnt seem to force itself upon you as with mushrooms and I beleive the effects of mushrooms could be to strong of a personal and introspective feeling for a first time tripper.

This being said, in the end its up to you how you choose to create a better life it may just enhance it.

I don't think I have a bright future . Why bc well I'm really shy and anti social . I'm 18 and never had a job in my life and I'm about to graduate high school . I'm not smart , few friends, to shy to talk to girls , I'm really lazy , always think negative ,etc . Will LSD give me a new life ? Sorry Im new to drugs beside weed. Thanks

Drugs cannot fix problems.

Psychedelics cannot repair your life.

Psychedelics can change your thinking.

I was shy. I'm only 19. I have had 1 job and it wasnt anytthing serious. There are smarter kids than me. I have few friends (by choice). I was shy with girls until recently (i have a girlfriend and talk to some girls but most are too superficial). After tripping i fixed my poor attitude. Girls and people aren't attracted to people who aren't comfortable with themselves. I wasn't the most confident guy. Taking mushrooms removed the superficial pressures society had placed on me. They changed my way of thinking. They did not change my life. My actions are what shape my life, but they were guided by the insight of my mushroom trip. But never mistake mushrooms for a "cure for all" or a magical antidote. Trips are trips, they aren't predictable and can be a miracle or they can be hell. Good vibes your way, but do read up!

LSD will not give you a new life. No psychedelic can deliver you a new life. Psychedelics are not an escape to a far off land. They are not to be used for fun and they don't fix problems.

You know what sucks about you? Your attitude. Look how down you are on yourself. You don't even have to be that bright to get by these days. If you want an enjoyable life you need to change your thinking. Psychedelics can do this! But don't run into a high level trip feeling depressed. Be careful how and when and what you dose! Eating ~3 grams of mushrooms could completely help your thought process.

But before even considering a psychedelic go to Erowid.org and read up. Also read the stickies on this board. You shouldn't go into a trip with a bad attitude or a depressed mood. It is also beneficial to have an experienced tripper tripping with you. If that cannot be done have a close friend watch you. Advice like this is out there. Look around and get informed before you dive deep into the unknown.

You don't need psychedelics. But if there is no other way for you to change your psyche they can be quite the tool.